• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

AcridMeat

Banned
Some of those questions are absurd, but the responses speak for themselves. Love Kobayashi.

Two more favorites
Q: What animal best reflects your personality?
KK: How would I know? Probably a tiger?

Q: What is your biggest weakness?
KK: I don’t like carrots. When I was a kid I always got told that they are healthy, but it didn’t matter at all. I hated them.

Leunam

Formula1.com has been doing that "Inside Line" bit for a while this season. They did something similar last season and they probably did it the season before that.

ramparter

Banned
I like Perez and passionately hate McLaren. I am so emotionally confused.
Replying two days later... anyway, that has always been my problem, it was the same with Kimi, Alonso (the way 2007 went didn't help me liking McLaren anymore), Button and now Perez but McLaren is my least favourite of the top teams.

Ark

Q: Is there anything that irritates you about Formula 1 today? (Michael Bobrov, Russia)

A: Black gold.

I've never been a fan of it being in today's F1, even if it does look half-decent.

Schumacher did an interview with Autosport+ answering a bunch of questions sent in by the readers. It's actually a good interview.

I feel that in 2006 Ferrari forced you out and that you didn't really want to retire at the time. Is that true? (Don Diklich, USA)

Two hundred per cent 'no'. One year Ferrari had their traditional Christmas party and up on stage I told Mr Di Montezemolo that I was retiring and he said, “Think about it again. Here is an offer – you can have a contract for the rest of your life. No matter what you want, you can have it, we want you to stay.”

Schumacher was keen to support 'little brother' Massa's career © LAT
Now, it might be coincidence but Mr Di Montezemolo called me up yesterday for a chat and we still have a good relationship. It's what I decided then and it's what I wanted at the time. As I've said before, I was just empty. There was no energy and no destiny for me to go any further and I had my 'little brother' – that's Felipe Massa – and I was happy for him to take over the position from me.

FuturusX

Imagine that! Schumacher back at Ferrari to close out his career. I would love it. They have a slot open with Alonso racing on his own all season. (sorry Massa)

Imagine that! Schumacher back at Ferrari to close out his career. I would love it. They have a slot open with Alonso racing on his own all season. (sorry Massa)

wow that would be some terrible irony for Massa if Lewis Hamilton who ruined his 08 season ends up being the cause he is replaced by the very man he was meant to replace in the inaugural season of Lewis Hamilton

Massa

wow that would be some terrible irony for Massa if Lewis Hamilton who ruined his 08 season ends up being the cause he is replaced by the very man he was meant to replace in the inaugural season of Lewis Hamilton

I think it would be hilarious if Schummy pulled a Jay Leno on Massa. His final year in F1 proving he's the ultimate dick in the sport.

As a fan of Massa I'm kind of hoping he ends up at Sauber. Or pretty much anywhere that's not Ferrari and the bottom 3.

operon

I think it would be hilarious if Schummy pulled a Jay Leno on Massa. His final year in F1 proving he's the ultimate dick in the sport.

As a fan of Massa I'm kind of hoping he ends up at Sauber. Or pretty much anywhere that's not Ferrari and the bottom 3.

I love Massa and really wished he had won the WDC that year, but his time at Ferrari is up. Schumi would be doing him a favour

DD

I was dreaming that Massa would go to McLaren to replace Hamilton, but hey, I like Checo too!

About Hulkemberg @ Ferrari, I hightly doubt that. It seems that Alonso wants Massa there. He must be an easy person to deal with.

Anyway, just a curiosity: did you know that Massa became friend with the guys at Ferrari because he was a lunch box delivery man?

Leunam

Technically, no. Gutierrez isn't GP2 champ like they are despite being a favorite this year. But he's likely bringing in a lot of Telmex money which I guess compares him to Maldonado. Does Grosjean bring in lots of cash?

G-Unit

I'm finished with Mercedes, am a Ferrari man but soft spot for Mercedes with Schumi there, but Lauda crap about Lewis succeeding where Michael didn't crap, etc and talk of going all out, getting more guys in why didn't they do that 3 years ago if they really wanted to push for it.

mah nigga!

Massa should have gone a long time ago. He's only hindering Ferrari's chances at winning the WCC, which is unlikely now, and he's not helping Alonso at all in the WDC fight. I used to like Massa, and I was hoping he won the WDC in 2008, but it's getting ridiculous now. Ferrari would have been in the running for the constructors as well if they had a competent number 2 driver.

Massa's still young though right, maybe he can make a name for himself somewhere else, shit Toyota could use him in the 24 endurance as they seem to be a legit competitor to Audi

DD

That would be awesome. Source?

Perez don't need the Claro/Telmex money no more @ McLaren, and Claro and Telmex (Perez suporters) will stick with Sauber for the next year, and Gutierrez is their next boy. So, there's this speculation on the Mexican press.

Any mexican gaffer to confirm this? I've read that by a brazilian journalist.

paskowitz

Massa's still young though right, maybe he can make a name for himself somewhere else, shit Toyota could use him in the 24 endurance as they seem to be a legit competitor to Audi

He does not have to stop racing, hell, he could race Ferrari's in GT3. Or maybe something like Le Mans prototypes. He does not have to stop racing and put his tail between his legs. People need to stop feeling bad for him. He has enjoyed more success than the average F1 driver.

PowerTaxi

Banned
This showed up on my facebook news feed. Great photo

alonso_public_transport.jpg

DD

He does not have to stop racing, hell, he could race Ferrari's in GT3. Or maybe something like Le Mans prototypes. He does not have to stop racing and put his tail between his legs. People need to stop feeling bad for him. He has enjoyed more success than the average F1 driver.

We brazilians had the two titles by Fitipaldi, the three by Piquet, and other three more by Senna's hands. So, people here usually only cares about F1 when you talk about car races.

In 2012 we had our first win in the Nascar Series with Piquet Jr. This week we had the first brazilian victory in the DTM with Augusto Farfus, and know what? I't sad, but nobody gives a single fuck about it. So, for the ordinary brazilian spectator, getting out of F1 is something to be ashamed of.

Take Barrichello as an example: he's clearly not happy in Indy. He keeps saying that he wishes to go back to F1. Recently he signed a contract for the three final races of the Stock Car Series here in Brazil, wich is the biggest south american racing series, full of ex-F1 drivers, full of young and talented people, and because of that, people is already saying that it's time to race in Stock Car and then retire. Dafuq, the guy is not a kid anymore, but he has the will, the talent, he loves to be racing, but people keep saying that this is the end of line. It's a cultural problem, in fact. There's this pressure to go to the Formula 1 and be the new Senna, win titles, and if you don't, you're a failure. Lot's of people here don't like Barrichello, just like a lot of people here are now bashing Massa for the same reasons.

Massa

Massa should have gone a long time ago. He's only hindering Ferrari's chances at winning the WCC, which is unlikely now, and he's not helping Alonso at all in the WDC fight. I used to like Massa, and I was hoping he won the WDC in 2008, but it's getting ridiculous now. Ferrari would have been in the running for the constructors as well if they had a competent number 2 driver.

I think you're underestimating how shit their car is.

Lot's of people here don't like Barrichello, just like a lot of people here are now bashing Massa for the same reasons.

To be honest, I think most of the shit Barrichello or Massa ever got while driving at Ferrari is for continually choosing the comfort of Ferrari's no.2 and not instead looking for opportunities to actually race, not for not winning championships.

DD

To be honest, I think most of the shit Barrichello or Massa ever got while driving at Ferrari is for continually choosing the comfort of Ferrari's no.2 and not instead looking for opportunities to actually race, not for not winning championships.
I totally agree with you. People actually enjoyed when Barrichello went to BAR in 2005, and for the same reason I was dreaming with McLaren signing Massa for 2013.
icon_redface.gif

Dilly

Banned
I think you're underestimating how shit their car is.

If Massa managed to even get 50% of Alonso's points, they would've been leading the championship.

Massa has never been the same after his accident at the Hungaroring, there are some flashes of brilliance like that overtake on Senna in Singapore but he's far too inconsistent.

No top team would have a reason so sign Massa.

Ark

Singapore GP Race Edit.

Lewis Hamilton does not believe he is taking a gamble in moving to Mercedes next season.

In the wake of his surprise decision to leave McLaren at the end of this year for an outfit that has won just one race in three years, Hamilton has no doubts he has done the right thing for his career.

"I don't (think it's a gamble)," he told news agency Reuters in an interview in Japan.

"Not really. I've had such a great career with McLaren. I signed for McLaren when I was 13 and have had such an incredible journey with them.

"In the end I had two offers on the table which were very similar but one was a lot more exciting. It's just a challenge.

"I could stay in the great car that I have, which I've worked really hard to help develop with the team, or go to a car that's not so well developed and help it."

Hamilton is not shying away from the fact that Mercedes' current competitive situation is not as good as McLaren, but believes in the long term he can help move it forward.

"No, I'm fully aware the car at the moment is not a world championship-winning car," he said.

"The car that I'm in right now is a car that I've developed. Next year will be an evolution of the car that I've helped develop and that will be a championship contender.

"But we [Mercedes] will work very, very hard to have a better year next year, but it takes time. You don't just arrive and things change. I think the focus is more long-term."

Hamilton also revealed that he has yet to talk to McLaren Group chief Ron Dennis since deciding to leave the team.

"We didn't speak about it," said Hamilton. "He spoke to me in Singapore. That was about it. We haven't spoken since."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103036

I can't quite understand the reasoning for leaving when you know the car next year will be a championship contender, but I guess there must be something.

I can't quite understand the reasoning for leaving when you know the car next year will be a championship contender, but I guess there must be something.

Maybe the fact that they have championship contender cars year after year but fail to win championships is enough for Hamilton to reconsider his options?

Hamilton also revealed that he has yet to talk to McLaren Group chief Ron Dennis since deciding to leave the team.

"We didn't speak about it," said Hamilton. "He spoke to me in Singapore. That was about it. We haven't spoken since."

Ron giving him the '07 Alonso cold shoulder :lol

neoanarch

It sad that he didnt win any races in those 3 years. Although at least he got a podium finish earlier this year and his Monaco pole was brilliant (before penalized)

Kimi's return on the other hand, is much, much better. Even though he hasnt won any races, he scores podium finishes and third in the championship even after a 2 year absence :lol

It sad that he didnt win any races in those 3 years. Although at least he got a podium finish earlier this year and his Monaco pole was brilliant (before penalized)

Kimi's return on the other hand, is much, much better. Even though he hasnt won any races, he scores podium finishes and third in the championship even after a 2 year absence :lol

I personally think it's really sad, because in all that time, Schumacher never had a really competitive car. I would've loved to see what he could have accomplished in one.

Top Bottom