• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Dilly

Banned
It sure is!

Forgot how early the Japanese GP is. Was it last year that the qualifying was postponed because of rain or has it been 2 years already?

I barely remember anything from that race because of the lack of sleep.

Yen

Is this race on Sky or BBC?*

*I am aware every question I ask in this thread could be solved by getting off my arse and checking the telly.

Adamm

Is this race on Sky or BBC?*

*I am aware every question I ask in this thread could be solved by getting off my arse and checking the telly.

Sky only!

I love early races.
Something about getting up at 5am to watch a race makes it seem more exciting or something...

Although im in Japan next week, so I'll get to watch Korea at a sensible time (if i can find some where to watch it)

Dilly

Banned
Sky only!

I love early races.
Something about getting up at 5am to watch a race makes it seem more exciting or something...

Although im in Japan next week, so I'll get to watch Korea at a sensible time (if i can find some where to watch it)

Damnit! Might just wake up for the sessions only, the pre-race coverage from Sky usually bores me.

Dilly how is Japan?

Quite Japanese

Dead Man

It sure is!

Forgot how early the Japanese GP is. Was it last year that the qualifying was postponed because of rain or has it been 2 years already?

I barely remember anything from that race because of the lack of sleep.

Nice middle of the afternoon for me! Does interrupt the Bathurst 1000 for a bit though :(

It was interesting to have him back but I won't be missing Schumacher, nor do I think it was a shame that he never really got a car capable of putting him back in contention for wins given the years of near-bulletproof reliability he enjoyed at Ferrari.

Time for some fresh blood.

Ark

tumblr_mbdgwxDiaL1rxobalo1_r1_500.jpg

Whilst we're on the subject of Schumacher leaving.

Schumi was a great personality on the grid when he came back, shame that pos car kept failing him otherwise he would probably have been fighting for a win the first half of this season. I was a little sad to see him leave the first time but I'm more sad to see him leave for the second time, he will be missed.

Not only that, but vettel kidnaps children too http://www.f1db.ru/q7298

Really a nice guy off the track, great personality, but if he wins the WDC this year I'm going to smash my TV.

Ark

Those points would've been enough for him to win, had Vettel not crashed into him.

Had Hamilton not crashed at Spain '10, or a Valencia penalty '10, or the team screwing his strategy at Australia '10.

Had Ferrari not covered Webber during the pits at Abu Dhabi.

Had Vettel not had an alternator failure at Valencia this year.

That game can be played so often, it doesn't matter. It happened, which is all that does matter. Webber was a solid candidate, if not the favourite going into Korea.

Deadman

Those points would've been enough for him to win, had Vettel not crashed into him.

The result of that race was webber getting 15 points and vettel getting 0. If vettel plays the good boy and sits behind webber until the end of the race its 25 for webber and 18 for vettel. The crash is a net benefit for webber, without it vettel wins the title by a bigger margin.

Really a nice guy off the track, great personality, but if he wins the WDC this year I'm going to smash my TV.

Quit your griping. Whoever wins this year will deserve it in one way or another.

I personally want to see Alonso do it, but he doesn't deserve it any more than Raikkonen or Vettel.

Ark

Quit your griping. Whoever wins this year will deserve it in one way or another.

I personally want to see Alonso do it, but he doesn't deserve it any more than Raikkonen or Vettel.

This years Championship 'belongs' to either Alonso or Hamilton imo. They've clearly driven the best all year. You could throw Kimi in there too if you really wanted.

Obviously that's not how the title is decided, I'm just throwing in my two cents.

The result of that race was webber getting 15 points and vettel getting 0. If vettel plays the good boy and sits behind webber until the end of the race its 25 for webber and 18 for vettel. The crash is a net benefit for webber, without it vettel wins the title by a bigger margin.

Don't use logic, please. Webber lost the WDC because of his poor perfomance in the second half of the season.

Whoever wins it obviously deserves it, I'm not saying otherwise, I just really, really want Alonso to win and it's a realistic possibilty this year.

Pimpwerx

I'm not sad to see Schuey go. He was my favorite driver and is still my all-time favorite. However, he is clearly past his prime. Waaaaaaaay past it. Leaving now just saves the shambles of his legacy. PEACE.

Poor TV. Unless Hamilton goes on a rampage in the last 6 races, this Vettel's championship to lose.

Certainly looks that way, Mclaren and Red Bull are much faster right now, and it looks like it's going to be another damage limitation weekend for Alonso which he won't be able to keep up until the end of the season.

Mclarens are fast.

FuturusX

I'm not sad to see Schuey go. He was my favorite driver and is still my all-time favorite. However, he is clearly past his prime. Waaaaaaaay past it. Leaving now just saves the shambles of his legacy. PEACE.

I agree, during his intial reign I was brainwashed by the British media into resenting him. With time and maturity I understood he was one of the greatest drivers there ever was. His comeback was ill-advised I am glad it's coming to an end.

On another note you are my favourite F1 GAF poster, I'm a sucker for that PEACE thing :)

Schumi was a great personality on the grid when he came back, shame that pos car kept failing him otherwise he would probably have been fighting for a win the first half of this season. I was a little sad to see him leave the first time but I'm more sad to see him leave for the second time, he will be missed.

I hope to see him in a management or similar position.

Chris R

Why is the KERS not working? Poor Kimi :(

And great points brought up on the Speed broadcast about the fight at the bottom of the table for the 10th position in the Constructors Championship (I guess only the top 10 places pay out and Marussia-Cosworth is now 10th due to their 12th place finish in Singapore).

Hammer24

Banned
Well, I´ve never been a fan of MSC, the human being. Yet I have the utmost respect for his accomplishments. I´d never thought I´d say this, but I´m really sorry to see him go. A shame the Sauber gig didn´t play out.

Good news, people!

Venezuelan election could sway Maldonado’s career

A political swing in Venezuela could decide whether or not Pastor Maldonado remains with Williams in Formula 1 next year. That is the latest feeling coming out of the South American country, as a shift in government leadership could change the way the 2010 GP2 driver brings funds to the Grove-based team.

When quizzed over his future at Suzuka, Maldonado replied:

“I don’t want to talk about that right now. Yes, the team is still looking around for next year, so I just prefer not to answer your questions about drivers. For sure, there is still a market and a lot of movement, so I just hope to be in the best place possible.

“It is a bit early to talk about Williams at the moment. We will wait until the end of the season and for now we’re just fully focussed on driving and the season.”

It is believed that, should PDVSA continue its link-up with Williams in 2013, it must submit all funds before the end of this month.
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/285014/venezuelan-election-could-sway-maldonado-s-career/

acm2000

good riddance schumy, he should never have come back, had enough of his cheating ways, so kinda glad he failed miserably on his comeback

whats the weather for qual/race this weekend?

Alguersuari won't be Pirellis test driver next year, and he's started to follow Force India on Twitter.

The Hulk to Ferrari :(

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperf1
#F1 Martin Whitmarsh tells BBC that Di Resta and Hulk were on list and McLaren 'could have got them if we wanted to'

Muppet!

Hulk >> Perez

What what what? I didn't see either FP.

Japanese Grand Prix: Mark Webber goes quickest in second practice

Webber's best time of 1m32.493s lap was 0.214s faster than Hamilton could manage, with the Mercedes-bound Briton sandwiched between the two Red Bulls. Sebastian Vettel was third, a further tenth back.

Nico Hulkenberg impressed once again for Force India, going fourth fastest, ahead of world championship leader Fernando Alonso and Romain Grosjean.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103075

Shaneus

Fucking awesome. Not that it means much in FP, but you have to say that it's not looking too bad for him.

Another victory would do him well, I think! Not only for his WDC chances, but for his level of confidence... must've taken a fair beating over the last few weeks.

Jibbed

Fucking awesome. Not that it means much in FP, but you have to say that it's not looking too bad for him.

Another victory would do him well, I think! Not only for his WDC chances, but for his level of confidence... must've taken a fair beating over the last few weeks.

Yeah, we've not really seen much of Webber at the sharp end recently. I was never a fan until I met the guy at Goodwood.. he's exactly how you'd expect him to be haha, such a legend. Nothing against Vettel (he's more complete as a driver anyway *flame suit on*), but Webber is much more likeable as a personality.

Long story short, Webber win please. Checo second.

Top Bottom