• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Omiee

Webber to take vettel out by the first lap, button and hamilton to have a horrible start alonso to take the lead with massa holding off button and hamilton.

all of gaf happy as fuck =D

Dead Man

Apparently these grabs are from Vettel's pole lap:

i2r2Oc5EZrSt7.png

I know there's an understanding with Charlie that the drivers are allowed to run wide on at least one part of this track without penalty, but I doubt that covers any apexes. Was anyone else taking similar liberties?

EDIT: Having checked, that second grab is actually from an exit curb, so he might be in the clear on that one. First isn't though.

I don't think Vettel has done anything other drivers aren't, it should just not be possible to do it. In the interest of safety there is no risk to driving off the track. I am in favour of better barriers, safer cars, more run off etc, but these flat kerbs and asphalt run off areas are making the tracks a joke.

Webber to take vettel out by the first lap, button and hamilton to have a horrible start alonso to take the lead with massa holding off button and hamilton.

all of gaf happy as fuck =D

Only if Webber keeps going! :D

moojito

Welp, I'm up. Jumped out of bed at what I thought was 9:40am having missed the start, only to realise that the clocks had gone back. D'oh!

Omiee

that long straight after turn 3 should make the first lap really interesting to watch.

i could see mclaren fighting to gain a position there like button did on webber last year.

Adamm

that long straight after turn 3 should make the first lap really interesting to watch.

i could see mclaren fighting to gain a position there like button did on webber last year.

Let's not kid ourselves, Vettel will be a few seconds ahead by the start of the second lap

Chris R

I don't think Vettel has done anything other drivers aren't, it should just not be possible to do it. In the interest of safety there is no risk to driving off the track. I am in favour of better barriers, safer cars, more run off etc, but these flat kerbs and asphalt run off areas are making the tracks a joke.

SPEED is showing the pole lap right now, so much time spent on the kerbs :| Are they just really flat here or are they like this at all tracks?

Omiee

if vettel has a dnf than alonso should be 3rd or 4th for vettel to still have a real chance at winning the wdc.

im hyped for the start!!

got that feeling like i have been getting for years now at the start of any f1 race

Shaneus

Fuck, that was close between Webber and Vettel at the start. Webber actually launched really well.

Vettel 1.2s over Webber. Shit.

paskowitz

I really hope Vettel does not run away with this.

I am getting a feeling this part of the season is going to end like last year. Vettel fingering everyone.

Omiee

guys vettel will not run away from this, the ferrari is quicker than the mclaren and after alonso overtakes it he will be fighting with webber and vettel for the win.

alonso overtook button already

Top Bottom