• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Dead Man

Always with the negative waves

135135544326708ppg.jpg

LOL

Kimi admits his wrong decision behind qualifying lower than the car deserves

http://en.espnf1.com/india/motorsport/story/93066.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

"I thought that we should have probably been further forward after this morning and yesterday," Raikkonen said. "But I made the decision to change the car a bit that was the completely wrong decision so it just took all the grip away from the car and I'm surprised that we finished seventh. It's a decision that I shouldn't have made but we tried and it was the wrong way."

I don't think it's going to be suddenly turn out to be the same like it was this morning tomorrow, but we'll try. That's why I'm very disappointed that I made the decision because we had a very good car this morning and I really think we should have been on the second row."

G-Unit

I'm glad i didn't watch Quali, It's too painful to watch schumie struggle with that POS car. Besides everything was evident since I saw P1 and P3

Chris R

Watched quali when I woke up at 4 AM earlier today then went back to sleep. Totally expected what happened to happen :|

And I can't be the only one who would like to see what might happen at that track if the replaced some kerbing with sand and/or grass and raised the height of some of the orange bits at corner apex points even more (in sectors 2 and 3) to prevent drivers from driving over them.

Omiee

if alonso happened to be on pole and win the race everybody and their grand mother would set their clocks to watch the race. insert any other driver name in stead of alonso and it would still be true.

but when vettel is on pole and wins a race its 2011 all over again and its not worth watching the race over or the rest of the season is boring. im sorry but ya'll not fans if you dont bother to watch the race when your least favorite driver is winning or on pole.

you can say what ever you want about me but i freaking love the sport and would watch it even if vettel had a DNF every race and had to go to HRT or what ever.

I had to watch the ferrari dominance as a mika hakkinen fan and i did not stop watching the sport.

looking forward to the race tomorrow. i think vettel's lap could have been better if he did not make that little mistake. Mclaren are much closer than i though after seeing P123

Dead Man

if alonso happened to be on pole and win the race everybody and their grand mother would set their clocks to watch the race. insert any other driver name in stead of alonso and it would still be true.

but when vettel is on pole and wins a race its 2011 all over again and its not worth watching the race over or the rest of the season is boring. im sorry but ya'll not fans if you dont bother to watch the race when your least favorite driver is winning or on pole.

you can say what ever you want about me but i freaking love the sport and would watch it even if vettel had a DNF every race and had to go to HRT or what ever.

I had to watch the ferrari dominance as a mika hakkinen fan and i did not stop watching the sport.

looking forward to the race tomorrow. i think vettel's lap could have been better if he did not make that little mistake. Mclaren are much closer than i though after seeing P123
It's not Vettel personally, it is the RBR domination of the second half of the season in general and the title being wrapped up and Webber having shit starts and the generic track and the lack of risk to going off track and the artificiality of the overtaking and the insane reliability of the cars and just the predictableness of it all.

Edit: If it was anyone else on pole, everyone would be watching to see if Vettel could pass them. That is it. Since Vettel is already past everyone, why watch?

Omiee

It's not Vettel personally, it is the RBR domination of the second half of the season in general and the title being wrapped up and Webber having shit starts and the generic track and the lack of risk to going off track and the artificiality of the overtaking and the insane reliability of the cars and just the predictableness of it all.

Edit: If it was anyone else on pole, everyone would be watching to see if Vettel could pass them. That is it. Since Vettel is already past everyone, why watch?

But the title is far from being wrapped up. Vettel could spin out of the corner one the first lap or he could get hit by webber or what ever and alonso could be up by 19 points than.

Im sure some people would not mind to see that happen and would watch every race after that.

I'd watch a f1 race even if my driver is out or what ever.

Chris R

I'm still watching the race, no question about it, but we all know Vettel is going to be more than 1.x seconds ahead of second by the time DRS is enabled and win the race barring some accident or part failure.

That being said, the racing behind first has been quite good these last few races.

Omiee

I'm still watching the race, no question about it, but we all know Vettel is going to be more than 1.x seconds ahead of second by the time DRS is enabled and win the race barring some accident or part failure.

That being said, the racing behind first has been quite good these last few races.

Exactly the races have been so much fun to watch because of battles all over the place. but hey vettel is on pole so its no use watching qualy or the race or waking up for it.

sjeez

Edit: not talking about you two guys btw.

l2ounD

the racing behind first has been quite good these last few races.

Yea Hamilton in Korea was exciting to watch. Even though he was struggling with the car he was still giving it a go and had the best battles on that track. Plus Massa! climbing back up recently has been fun to watch. I've had a blast getting into F1 with this season so far.

Joni

Exactly the races have been so much fun to watch because of battles all over the place. but hey vettel is on pole so its no use watching qualy or the race or waking up for it.

The combination of shitty tracks and no suspense over the winner make it a waste of time. Those battles I can see afterwards in the highlights.

Omiee

I didn't. Then again, I was in the US at the time and it was almost impossible to watch F1 races live. I don't really think I missed all that much, to be honest.

Shumi days were a pain to watch sometimes, but i watched all of the races.

If you think RBR and vettel dominate you should watch some of the season review's of those years.

G-Unit

if webber had the balls to challenge vettel i would care to watch quali, but who are we kidding, current pace of RB is the reason he is where he is,l not even top 8 driver(webber)

G-Unit

If you think RBR and vettel dominate you should watch some of the season review's of those years.

there was 1 year of utter domination 2002 or 2003, I'm not sure, and we had that last year, so no more of that plz

jey_16

Banned
It's odd but I still rate Hamilton and Alonso above Vettel despite him going to be 3WDC soon....he seems to be fantastic driver (and i look forward to seeing him at Ferrari in 2014!) but I don't know if its the way he wins his races or maybe seeing Hamilton and Alonso lose close championships and come back from that makes me respect them more

Omiee

there was 1 year of utter domination 2002 or 2003, I'm not sure, and we had that last year, so no more of that plz

you are kidding right?

Shumi won 9 of the 17 races and was on the podium 14 times all 1st or second places.

11 wins in 2002 with 5 second places and 1 third place.

13 wins in 2004 and 15 podiums.

its not untill 2005 when things got a bit interesting. thats 4 years of complete domination by ferrari and shumi.

believe me his signature jump on the podium was frustrating as fuck.

mclaren777

It seems like the track cameras in India are running at a higher-than-normal framerate (which upsets me to no end) but it does give us slow-mo from any angle.

kimisparks.gif

FuturusX

It's odd but I still rate Hamilton and Alonso above Vettel despite him going to be 3WDC soon....he seems to be fantastic driver (and i look forward to seeing him at Ferrari in 2014!) but I don't know if its the way he wins his races or maybe seeing Hamilton and Alonso lose close championships and come back from that makes me respect them more

We have to see Vettel in a different car to really tell. When he's has to really push a chassis that isn't the best and still win...then he'll truly be a great.

Which is why I love Senna...

Apparently these grabs are from Vettel's pole lap:

i2r2Oc5EZrSt7.png

I know there's an understanding with Charlie that the drivers are allowed to run wide on at least one part of this track without penalty, but I doubt that covers any apexes. Was anyone else taking similar liberties?

EDIT: Having checked, that second grab is actually from an exit curb, so he might be in the clear on that one. First isn't though.

G-Unit

you are kidding right?

Shumi won 9 of the 17 races and was on the podium 14 times all 1st or second places.

11 wins in 2002 with 5 second places and 1 third place.

13 wins in 2004 and 15 podiums.

its not untill 2005 when things got a bit interesting. thats 4 years of complete domination by ferrari and shumi.

believe me his signature jump on the podium was frustrating as fuck.

you are wrong too

1 Michael Schumacher 4 6 Ret 1 1 1 3 1 5 3 4 7 8 1 1 8 93
2 Kimi Räikkönen 3 1 2 2 Ret 2 2 6 Ret 4 3 Ret 2 4 2 2 91

Shaneus

i2r2Oc5EZrSt7.png

I know there's an understanding with Charlie that the drivers are allowed to run wide on at least one part of this track without penalty, but I doubt that covers any apexes. Was anyone else taking similar liberties?

EDIT: Having checked, that second grab is actually from an exit curb, so he might be in the clear on that one. First isn't though.
Is there anything that can be questioned on that, though? I suppose we'd have to see other pole laps (especially, say, Webbers, given he drives the same car) just to see how other drivers take it.

Silently hoping he gets pulled up on it ;) What was the difference between Vettel and Webber?

Chris R

i2r2Oc5EZrSt7.png

Nothing will be done, everyone has been 4 off all weekend long. Too much kerbing, not enough danger for going off track. Massa's corner needs to have the apex thing raised to prevent shorting that corner and they need to bring in some grass or sand or something to stop the four offs :|

AndyD

aka andydumi
Nothing will be done, everyone has been 4 off all weekend long. Too much kerbing, not enough danger for going off track. Massa's corner needs to have the apex thing raised to prevent shorting that corner and they need to bring in some grass or sand or something to stop the four offs :|

Its not the first race either. I don't think they will do anything unless they tighten the rules between seasons and clarify it completely. I wish they would too.

mblitek

sjeez

Edit: not talking about you two guys btw.

Agreed, the midfield battles haven't been so good in such a long while. Especially since we have some midfield teams challenging for podiums and upsetting the "Big 3" teams.

The combination of shitty tracks and no suspense over the winner make it a waste of time. Those battles I can see afterwards in the highlights.

While I don't watch any of the races live, I always make it a point of watching the whole race. Not saying that you're not a true Formula 1 fan but I will always watch the entire race even if I already know the winner. I always appreciate the tone in the drivers and teams and the engineering that goes into the cars as they sit around the track. It is good entertainment and knowledge in my books!

Exactly, and I just don't care for Vettel winning again and taking the WC.

I don't care for him winning the Championship again but if he has the car & talent he damn well deserves it. I like him but I also don't want to see him win the WC this year. No particular reason other than allowing other people a chance besides Newey & Co. But remember it was Vettel & Red Bull who capitalized on Ferrari's dumbass mistake in 2010!

Kudos to you, one year of Schumi era is equal to about ~2races with the new rules :)

Yup, it's worse on the other side too because it seems he's basically incapable of growing it in a non patchy manner.

That aside, yay, early morning starts. :(

Kimi Raikkonen kicking himself as set-up hurts Lotus

"That is why I am a bit disappointed. I am disappointed in myself because I made the decision. It was my choice, I made it and it didn't pay off."

With parc ferme regulations meaning that changes cannot be made to the car before the race, Raikkonen is downbeat about his chances of rediscovering his promising Friday form.

"I don't think it is suddenly going to come back because we cannot touch the car. Maybe the high fuel will help, or maybe the weather will change, but we see in the race how it is."

I'm really bummed...

http://i.minus.com/i2r2Oc5EZrSt7.png[IMG]

EDIT: Having checked, that second grab is actually from an exit curb, so he might be in the clear on that one. First isn't though.[/QUOTE]

I heard no complains from Button and Alonso, so it looks like that's okay.

_machine

so i take it you guys did not watch F1 from 2000 to 2005?
Not really and partly for the same reason, didn't like Schumi and it was mostly boring. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it though; Vettel's a great driver and RBR is simply better than anything else on the grid, but it doesn't mean I have to like it at all and I think there are guys on the grid deserve 3 WC's more than he does.

FafaFooey

Hey guys, question! I was on vacation in California for 3 weeks and finding a hotel with an F1-channel over there was pretty much impossible, so I didn't even try.

Would you guys recommend watching back the previous 2 races (Korea and Japan)? I have no idea what happened, so is it worth it or were the races nothing special?

Thanks!

Top Bottom