• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Ohhh.... those smart-arse cunts. I figured they'd use the pit start to maybe replace an engine or something, but didn't even think that they'd change the gear ratios. I'd have thought that parc ferme would be in effect for that?

Clever fuckers.

I think it's pretty much the main reason they did it, given as there's no way in hell that drive would have been possible with RBR's regular race ratios.

@Shaneus: Really? It was obvious that they'd stick it full on race spec. Otherwise they might as well have started from the back instead of the pits.

Shaneus

@Shaneus: Really? It was obvious that they'd stick it full on race spec. Otherwise they might as well have started from the back instead of the pits.
Well, I figured they'd do something like an engine replacement or whatever... but thought that there was literally no way they could legally change the car configuration between Q3 and race at all. Happy to be wrong, I just didn't know. Can they change the configuration at all between any of the qualifying (even Q1) and the race?

Makes you think about the difference between qualifying spec and race spec. With how close Webs and Vettel were in qualifying, what was the difference b/w their best lap times during the race? That'd be the most telling thing.

Well, I figured they'd do something like an engine replacement or whatever... but thought that there was literally no way they could legally change the car configuration between Q3 and race at all. Happy to be wrong, I just didn't know. Can they change the configuration at all between any of the qualifying (even Q1) and the race?

Makes you think about the difference between qualifying spec and race spec. With how close Webs and Vettel were in qualifying, what was the difference b/w their best lap times during the race? That'd be the most telling thing.

They were able to change the settings, because they pulled the car out of parc ferme. That's why they had to start from the pits and not from the grid.

Chris R

Kinda cool that Speed is going to show EVERYTHING on TV for once (yes, even P1 and P3). Got my DVR all set to record every session :D Leave tomorrow (gonna catch some NASCAR stuff in Phoenix before F1 in Austin)... GET HYPED!

TylerD

Kinda cool that Speed is going to show EVERYTHING on TV for once (yes, even P1 and P3). Got my DVR all set to record every session :D Leave tomorrow (gonna catch some NASCAR stuff in Phoenix before F1 in Austin)... GET HYPED!

That sounds awesome. I am counting the days till I can head out.

Aegus

Girl at work just asked me which race is better, Barcelona or Budapest*. I can't remember there being much excitement at either.

*I assume for her boyfriend's christmas present.

Hammer24

Banned
Girl at work just asked me which race is better, Barcelona or Budapest*. I can't remember there being much excitement at either.

*I assume for her boyfriend's christmas present.

Both are cheap (from a ticket pricing perspective), but rather boring.
Recommend her Spa, not much more expensive, but the atmosphere there is unique.

neoanarch

Will they actually be attending the race though? Last I heard they weren't.

Fisico

Read somewhere that the son of Carlos Slim is "100% sure" there would be two Mexican drivers on the grid next year, he said it would be official in the coming weeks

Bye bye Kobi
;_;

Lach

Read somewhere that the son of Carlos Slim is "100% sure" there would be two Mexican drivers on the grid next year, he said it would be official in the coming weeks

Bye bye Kobi
;_;

Is there maybe a very slight chance that Guiterez replaces Grosjean? He's driving for Lotus in GP2...

dubc35

GAF F1 Race Manager subleague rank throughout the season :(

NGF1RM.png

Yoritomo

I told everyone to go williams in the beginning but people kept making bad calls and pushing for toro rosso in a hope of repeating last year.

Joba62x

Neo Member

NGF1RM.png

I wish they listed how many members a sub league had, there just seems to be so many this year. I'd like to know we are playing against other 100+ member groups and not 2 brothers with 30 accounts covering the bases.

Leunam

How should we go about with the Austin GP? Preview like usual or separate thread? Someone suggested an 'F1 returns to US' type thread to generate some interest from US viewers. Thoughts?

Shaneus

True. After all it was made by CodeInterns.
Actually, right as I posted that they released another one for 2012. So, that makes it TWELVE patches. And there are still complaints that they haven't fixed a number of things.

Anyway, is Austin this weekend or next? I never know :( And not long after that... we have the agony of waiting until Melbourne again for some sweet, sweet F1 action.

AcridMeat

Banned
Couple thoughts on this Kart game. 1, what the hell this is so weird. 2, Button looks like a psychopath and is listed as the #1 driver hahahaha.

Feels bad for $40 man.

Shaneus

Couple thoughts on this Kart game. 1, what the hell this is so weird. 2, Button looks like a psychopath and is listed as the #1 driver hahahaha.

Feels bad for $40 man.
Did you only play the demo?

You're forgetting the Brazilian GP in between.
Yeah, that's why I said "not long after Austin, is the long wait until Melbourne". Otherwise I would've said the long wait happens straight after Austin :)

Is there maybe a very slight chance that Guiterez replaces Grosjean? He's driving for Lotus in GP2...

Davide would be better IMO. But Guiterez's money can be a good boost for Lotus.

NGF1RM.png

I blame Webber fans :p

My team now is HAM/VET/RBR/MCL/TOT and I'm sticking with this till the end of the season. What can I do with the excess cash?

No need, it's just another GP.

I remember we discussed here that we want a new thread just for the US GP. I think it'll be a good idea, we can shift there temporarily until the GP is over then ask the mods to merge the threads or just lock that one.

It'll be a good opportunity to lure in new posters

Risgroo

How should we go about with the Austin GP? Preview like usual or separate thread? Someone suggested an 'F1 returns to US' type thread to generate some interest from US viewers. Thoughts?

Do a separate thread! Get us out of the ghetto, even if it's only for a few days.

Do a separate thread! Get us out of the ghetto, even if it's only for a few days.

Yes, let's go OT for the US GP.

I add my voice to them..

And Kimi does it Kimi-style

Kimi Raikkonen gives entire Lotus team radio message T-shirts

On Friday 500 T-shirts carrying the slogan: "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing" arrived at the factory.

The T-shirts are black, with the words in gold, reflecting the team's colours.

Shaneus

I actually just read a few brief stories on Kimi, his radio chatter and his thoughts on winning that GP and man... I now have a definitive second-favourite driver. Straight down the line, old-school, stoic yet strangely charismatic guy. And a fucking great driver to boot.

I think I now know where MJ is coming from ;)

I actually just read a few brief stories on Kimi, his radio chatter and his thoughts on winning that GP and man... I now have a definitive second-favourite driver. Straight down the line, old-school, stoic yet strangely charismatic guy. And a fucking great driver to boot.

I think I now know where MJ is coming from ;)

I wasnt a Kimi fan for a long time due to his dull personality and "I dont give a fuck" attitude, but eventually I ended up liking him for those same reasons :lol

Top Bottom