• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Hammer24

Banned
There's still quite a few seats available... if you have a big bag of money.

As I said, Buemi has his seat secured, and Chilton looks like the negotiations are going well. But the Kimi limbo could protract the whole shenanigans.

BTW, WEb is not going to Fer. I told you about the negotiations, but he didn´t want another contractually secured #2 spot, with VET soon to leave.

Shaneus

Where was Buemi going?

I think the best we can hope for is that someone sees the lengths Kamui is going to and backs him for a ride in the FI (assuming both seats aren't essentially locked in already). Either of the others would be good too, but FI would give him the best chance at any kind of points over next season.

Shaneus

gd3il.png

So, this is the best my team's looked all year IMO. Any tips guys? It's not like I'm going to win anything :(

Adamm

[/IMG]

So, this is the best my team's looked all year IMO. Any tips guys? It's not like I'm going to win anything :(

At this point in the season there is very little you can do, because everyone around you will probably be going with a very similar team (8 out of the top 10 had the same team last week, VET, HAM, RBR, RBR & TOT)

So the only way to move serious places this week will to hope for a strange outcome & call it right (a Hamilton, Webber 1,2 be odd enough :p)
It might also be a better idea to gamble with the same engine & chassis - because you will never get as many points splitting them, although you risk loosing alot more if one driver retires.

Heres mine - Im playing it safe and hoping to finish in the top 10
(I feel bad having all that extra money when I have nothing to buy...)
quHha.jpg

Although i had been tempted to remove Vettel completely & replace him with Alonso - Because thats the outcome I acctually want :D

Shaneus

I like the way you think :)

I think that's been the biggest problem I had this year. Too safe with splitting the teams and drivers, but in doing so you never actually make any big gains.

The reason I'm splitting the RBR and the Ferrari is because I don't want to lose too many points when Vettel's alternator craps out and Alonso takes the chequered flag ;)

Shaneus

Wait... you're third, Staab? Wouldn't you still get a hat or something if you won?

PS. What's been with F1GAF's atrocious performance this year? Other years I've watched from afar and it did well, but this year (it's the first year I was in it, I swear it's a coincidence) we've been far off the pace.

Adamm

Wait... you're third, Staab? Wouldn't you still get a hat or something if you won?

PS. What's been with F1GAF's atrocious performance this year? Other years I've watched from afar and it did well, but this year (it's the first year I was in it, I swear it's a coincidence) we've been far off the pace.

Only the top sub league wins hats afiak

Dead Man

I was first for a couple races. That should indicate how bad GAF has been this year, if I can get to the top, even temporarily.

As for this race:

Ham/Webber
RBR
RBR
Total.

8 Million left over, but I can't afford anyone that I think will actually place better than those two.

Last race of the season and I'll probably miss it :(

I'll definetly miss qualifying but hopefully I can make it for the race, looking 50/50 at the moment.

Omiee

I really have a bad feeling about the race. Alonso has nothing to lose he can push as much as he wants. Vettel has the alternator thing and might be on more pressuere. I feel like vettel could have the same problem as webber had last race

Adamm

I really have a bad feeling about the race. Alonso has nothing to lose he can push as much as he wants. Vettel has the alternator thing and might be on more pressuere. I feel like vettel could have the same problem as webber had last race

Even if Vettel retires he has so much luck that Alonso will probably finish outside the top 3 anyway.

I have a feeling, IF it rains trow it will be Alonsos race and maybe (just maybe) the championship)

I don't think the Ferrari is going to be as good in the rain as it was earlier in the year. They were good then because the car was cooking the tyres, obviously it doesn't any more (it's one of the best cars in the race).

I don't think the Ferrari is going to be as good in the rain as it was earlier in the year. They were good then because the car was cooking the tyres, obviously it doesn't any more (it's one of the best cars in the race).

Plus Red Bull have now well and truly recovered from the switch to the 2012 rules, after their downforce issues early in the year. On pace alone, I expect a conservatively setup Red Bull could take anything Ferrari have to offer in the wet.

Factor in the inherent chaos of wet racing though and it could be anyone's.

duckroll

That sounds like a good feeling to me.

Ark

Schumacher is my driver for tomorrow.

It would be utterly poetic if he won his final race of his career in the wet at Sao Paulo.

I just don't think the car has what he'd need to do that.

So, qualifying. Going for a risky one.

1: Button.
2: Hamilton.
3: Vettel.

Assuming it doesn't rain.

McNum

Wow, that was close. Senna what are you doing?

Schumacher didn't even care
He's dodged a spinning Senna is that corner before. Nothing new there.

I think Vettel has got it with the championship, but an Alonso upset would be fun to see, too. At least this season's championship fight isn't over until the final race. As it should be.

jey_16

Banned
I'm going to watch qualifying and the race but probably turn it off when Vettel wins....I don't hate the guy but I am going to be so bitter, at least it's not going to be as bad as 2010 (hopefully no Ferrari screw ups)

Yoritomo

I think the biggest problem with Alonso winning is that Mclaren are within 14 points of ferrari for 2nd in the constructors. McLaren is going to fight tooth and nail for those 14 points. There will be no help from anyone else on the grid. If Alonso wins he'll have to do it himself. While it was nice of Ferrari to compromise Massa last race, they got really lucky and Massa did amazing to recover from 11th. Doing something like that again could be really risky. They may not chance it just because Mclaren are so close. I think what they did last race had more to do with dirty vs clean side than just a position switch. In that context it was a brilliant call.

Top Bottom