• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Massa is better than Alonso, confirmed. Give Fernando the boot and replace him with Maldonado.

Webber looked pretty surprised that he beat Vettel.

Mohonky

Yeop, Massas car to be sabotaged.

Great lap by Hammy, showing em how its done.

Not looking good for Alonso, please f1 gods, Vettel cant win 3 in a row :(

Addnan

So what's up with Alonsos qualifying lately. Slower than Massa.

If Kimi does well tomorrow could not care less what happens in the championship.

Checking the results I'm suprised Vettel was only 4th.

Wasn't expectnig Alonso to get any higher than 7th or 6th, so an 8th isn't much a suprise. Massa in 5th was a suprise, although he's usually very good here, hopefully we get a thunderstorm tomorrow.

Mohonky

If Kimi does well tomorrow could not care less what happens in the championship.

Hrmmm? He has been faster in some races also, he has been told in races to hold position behind Alonso despite him clearly being faster.

The guy can drive, he only missed a WDC by a single point in 2008. Since he copped a knock to the head in Spa in 09 it looked like it massively hampered his confidence but as this season draws to a near he seems to be coming good again. If he keeps this up next year Alonso might not just get the automatic gifting of position.

I do like Massa, i would like to see him really get right back into it.

Massa back in good old form. Next year will be tough for Nando.

I doubt it. They only allowed him to get back to speed because they needed him to help Alonso

Come next year you'll see Massa even worst than this year, especailly that this time it's almost certain that it's his last year with them

NHale

Only thing that will save us is rain....Alonso so slow though, I wonder if they went with a wet setup

Maybe...

Gary Anderson points out the understeer on @alo_oficial's Ferrari may be result of a softer rear anti-roll bar with view to rain in race

Although I doubt they would put Alonso on a different setup than Massa, but hey it's Ferrari so probably they did.

Addnan

Hrmmm? He has been faster in some races also, he has been told in races to hold position behind Alonso despite him clearly being faster.

The guy can drive, he only missed a WDC by a single point in 2008. Since he copped a knock to the head in Spa in 09 it looked like it massively hampered his confidence but as this season draws to a near he seems to be coming good again. If he keeps this up next year Alonso might not just get the automatic gifting of position.

I do like Massa, i would like to see him really get right back into it.
He's a good driver sure, but I would expect someone like Alonso to step up and match his team mate at the minimum in such an important race.

Maybe he has a wet set up?

How many points Kimi needs so he can keep his 3rd place in WDC fight?

Kimi doesn't want it.

He's a good driver sure, but I would expect someone like Alonso to step up and match his team mate at the minimum in such an important race.

Maybe he has a wet set up?

In fairness, Massa has won here twice, it's worth remembering.

Though I suspect they've gone with a race setup for Alonso (and probably the opposite for Massa to try and get him ahead of Vettel).

So for Alonso to win the championship, he needs a podium while Vettel needs to either DNF or finish lower than 10th?

Alonso needs P3, while Vettel has to finish lower than P7. Lower than P7 won't happen, so yeah, DNF. Even if Vettel got a technical problem, Alonso wouldn't be able to beat Hamilton, Button and Webber in that car. Wait, forget about Webber. Alonso will probably pass him at the start from P8.

jey_16

Banned
No wet setup for Alonso apparently although he could by lying....if not, he choked massively considering Massa is right up there with Vettel & co.

Shaneus

lol "he has a great supporting teammate in Mark Webber"

Does he think he's talking about Massa or something?
Vettel said that?

I saw the post-quali and when Webber said he's going to race his own race and worry about what's in his own cockpit... I believe him. In fact, he'll probably go out of his way to show that he's not going to give assistance to Vettel.

If there's a way Webber can decide the championship and chooses to do the thing that keeps Vettel from getting it... oh man, it would be glorious.

f0rk

I don't see Alonso ever getting past Hamilton, but I think he still stands a chance in the championship by getting to 3rd and Vettel's alternator failing. The only way.

bud23

The setup of Alonso´s car for this race was prepared for water conditions.

If tomorrow´s race is with water he could win , if not raining tomorrow, Alonso is doomed.

I don't see Alonso ever getting past Hamilton, but I think he still stands a chance in the championship by getting to 3rd and Vettel's alternator failing. The only way.

Now who's in font of Alonso?

Webber
Vettel
Massa
Prupose
The Hulk

For Alonso to have a chance, Vettel has to DNF, so let's assume that happens. What should happen so Alonso can be on the podium

Massa is a given, Prupose and Hulk are no match to Ferrari's pace, Webber always find ways to fuck up his race, so Alonso should catch him easily.

That's without hoping for any of the McLarens to pop. So basically all he needs is a Vettel DNFs and he has a good chance of clinching the title

Top Bottom