• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Schumi gets a 5 spot penalty with his clash with Senna, Hamilton even worse with his previous incidents, yet prupose with all his past shenanigans only gets fined 10k? wtfisthisshit.gif

If it wasn't for his past, the penalty would be fine or even too much. But after showing how reckless he can be? This is just ridiculous. /Hamilton

Since Ferrari gets so much shit, is it okay to start my own conspiracy theory about how Frank Williams still got enough influence over the FIA, since he's such a legend? I mean, he needs that money from Venezuela, so it would be in his best interest, if Maldonado gets as little punishment as possible. /tinfoil

Juicy Bob

I agree with the fine and the reprimand for Pastor, judging that incident on its own merits. And that’s coming from a Sauber fan.

I do still believe that he deserved a ban for the Perez road-rage incident in Monaco, but that’s in the past now. If he makes another stupid move, that’s when he really SHOULD get a severe punishment. It won’t happen though.

Nolan.

Mclaren lost about 35 points to Red Bull right? I really hope they can bounce back and bring some upgrades that will actually work for them because this weekends upgrades have not really worked.

Come on now brotkasten dont be like that. I really think Webber deserves it. This weekend has nothing to do with it. Iv stated my opinion in the end and it was not popular and it hasn't stopped me from keep stating my opinion.

To come back to webber like i stated before the guy has fought his way to RBR from minardi bmw and jaguar to RBR in their struggles untill they became a top team.

Mclaren lost the points to evil Mclaren, the shady sister that lurks in the garage unseen wreaking havoc everywhere. It's such a weird state, a while ago I was so bemused by Ferrari being happy with Massa getting 1 point, but Mclaren seems pleased with Button getting a point. Anyway I hope they get better, ugh such a bad day for British sport I need a drink.

Draconian

Today was the first day I sat and watched a whole Formula One race. Coming off of only really watching Nascar, it's interesting to see elements like the different tires, which make Formula One so strategic. Anyway, I had a lot of fun watching and it was a great race (wow at those last few laps). I'm not sure who to cheer for, but I think it'll be Perez because I feel bad for him getting taken out so early. Anyway, I've always wanted to get into Formula One, and now that I've watched it, found the TV schedule, and enjoyed it a lot, I'll definitely be tuning in more regularly and watching this thread to keep track of things.

Xun

Webber tweeted a gif of himself literally a matter of hours after Sunhi made it. Alonso is clearly a geek with his little doll he takes pictures of....these are still human beings at the end of the day.
Ha, perhaps!

Edmond Dantès;39641547 said:
Why do think I always miss qualy and races in this thread? ;)
The truth is out then! :p

Today was the first day I sat and watched a whole Formula One race. Coming off of only really watching Nascar, it's interesting to see elements like the different tires, which make Formula One so strategic. Anyway, I had a lot of fun watching and it was a great race (wow at those last few laps). I'm not sure who to cheer for, but I think it'll be Perez because I feel bad for him getting taken out so early. Anyway, I've always wanted to get into Formula One, and now that I've watched it, found the TV schedule, and enjoyed it a lot, I'll definitely be tuning in more regularly and watching this thread to keep track of things.
Welcome to the sport! :)

Also it looks like I sadly won't be going to Spa this year. :(

What a shame.

Omiee

Welcome to F1GAF.

We should have a list btw like the football thread has and nba thread used to have where everybody says what driver he is backing and we'd have a list with vettel fans, hamilton fans etc etc.

kharma45

Hope you stick with us, you'll probably be watching one of the most exciting championships in years :)

Septimius

Kobayashi fined 25,000€ for hitting his own pit-crew? What the shit. I would've understood it if he injured another pit crew, but I can't really see FIA having anything to do with this. And Maldonado only getting a fine? Schumacher lost out to a Monaco win for something that was hard to argue was his fault, while a guy that does something on prupose gets away scott free? Because, let's be honest. 10k€ is nothing, it's not something Maldonado will ever have to think about again.

Nevasleep

Kobayashi fined 25,000€ for hitting his own pit-crew? What the shit. I would've understood it if he injured another pit crew, but I can't really see FIA having anything to do with this.
Nah it's good, makes it even more important to be safe.

What happened after accident anyway? Did the other pit crew step in to finish the stop, or did Koba's crew manage it?

Britprog

Had to share this GIF of that McLaren cartoon i found on Tumblr, my son loved the cartoon BTW

tumblr_m6uociIkoi1qagg2ao4_400.gif

Also How to Go Faster and Influence People: The Gordon Murray F1 Story is on BBC 4 right now

Deadman

Race was fun. Championship looking like a 3 horse race now. Time to read the thread.

Oh i almost forgot, maldonado is bad.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Welcome aboard.

You should check out the following documentaries to give you a good idea of the passion that runs throughout this sport, but also the tragedy that has plagued the sport since it's inception.

1. Senna on Blu-ray or Netflix (watch the extended version)
2. Grand Prix: The Killer Years which is uploaded to a few streaming sites.

For you convenience:

http://rutube.ru/video/983087e508fc1c921a22aabac86ba841/

JardeL

Kobayashi fined 25,000€ for hitting his own pit-crew? What the shit. I would've understood it if he injured another pit crew, but I can't really see FIA having anything to do with this. And Maldonado only getting a fine? Schumacher lost out to a Monaco win for something that was hard to argue was his fault, while a guy that does something on prupose gets away scott free? Because, let's be honest. 10k€ is nothing, it's not something Maldonado will ever have to think about again.
Moldonado fined €25,000, not Kobayashi.

Maldonado was adjudged to have caused his collision with Sergio Perez, which led to the Sauber driver’s retirement, and due to the seriousness of the incident received a double penalty in the form of a reprimand and a 25,000 euro fine.

Kobayashi overshot his pit box during a stop, knocking over three Sauber mechanics. Thankfully none was seriously injured, but stewards fined the Japanese driver 10,000 euro for ‘a very dangerous manoeuvre which had potentially serious implications’.
[ http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2012/7/13566.html ]

Dilly

Banned
Will watch the second half of the race later.

Got to say, I have no problems with Webber winning if it wasn't to be for Fernando today. I'm also glad the Ferrari has such good pace, even Massa is good.

Also, hilarious that Ferrari went from 4 to 2 in the constructorschampionship.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hehe. Power went out on about lap 30. So I just caught the replay a little while ago and finished the race.

Nice job Webber!

Now to wait a few more hours to catch the post-race.

Couldn't really pay attention during the race. But props to British Motorsport association for giving Mark a decent trophy. I hate Santander, they make the shittiest trophies.

Loved the little interview at the end too. Changing the format for the better.

TylerD

Webber!!

If I have a favorite driver, it is definitely Mark. Would love to see him get a championship. It is great to see him starting well.

Chris R

Just got done watching the race, nice results for everyone across the board I think, even Lotus did well after it seemed like Romain would have a terrible race.

Wonder how long it will be before someone wrecks prupose on purpose... He has it coming now after two races in a row.

Omiee

Just got done watching the race, nice results for everyone across the board I think, even Lotus did well after it seemed like Romain would have a terrible race.

Wonder how long it will be before someone wrecks prupose on purpose... He has it coming now after two races in a row.

Grosjean was the driver of the day, he came back from last position to take points.

mblitek

Solid race, great job by Webber. I liked the new podium ceremony.

I think this might be a Silverstone only deal with Jackie doing his bit. I like that though with a former F1 great/driver doing a podium interview for the fans & crowd.

once you get snow Formula One some more. You'll hot
This is probably the most exciting season of F1 so far
Will watch the second half of the race later.

Got to say, I have no problems with Webber winning if it wasn't to be for Fernando today. I'm also glad the Ferrari has such good pace, even Massa is good.

Also, hilarious that Ferrari went from 4 to 2 in the constructorschampionship.

Yeah Massa was really on it today. I'm glad to see him getting back on form...so far.

Couldn't really pay attention during the race. But props to British Motorsport association for giving Mark a decent trophy. I hate Santander, they make the shittiest trophies.

Loved the little interview at the end too. Changing the format for the better.

Agreed, the trophies are so bland. I know they probably pay $100million+ each year in sponsorship but at least glorify the trophy a bit with your logo still centred.

You guys are crazy, I never watch free practice/qualifying/races live so I can watch everything but damn 10+ pages!

mblitek

Grosjean was the driver of the day, he came back from last position to take points.

For sure, too he beached it in qualifying. A few places up and that might not have happened. I fear that Lotus' (& Saubers) chances of winning a race are dwindling as they *might lose out on the development race with Ferrari, Red Bull & McLaren.

That'd be great. As I said earlier though, I wonder who they will use to interview at each race. Can't imagine who is going to do it at Korea or Abu Dhabi.

skybaby

I think that was a Silverstone-only thing. They did it with GP2 as well.

It's weird because the F1 post-trophy ceremony protocol is very, VERY detailed in the rules, and it says drivers MUST go straight to the press center for the interviews. I hope this gets added to the rules though, it was good. Maybe have the first question to each driver on the podium and then move downstairs for multilaterals?

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Abysmal performance from F1 GAF thus far. Even Autosport forum (AtlasF1) are mincing us.

iefH1A6lxaPli.png

Reminiscent of Schumacher's back-to-back WDC's and then the 1996 season happened.

Ark

Am I the only one who's actually slowly starting to lose interest because of the unpredictability in the tyres?

Just curious.

The unpredictability adds a lot of excitement to the races, knowing who's going to win half way through the race makes me follow other fights at the same race. Fight for 2nd, 10th etc.

If you're going to watch a race you might as well watch drivers actually race each other.

Top Bottom