• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Bahaha. Go BBC.

PS. Really is a great team. Lee, Eddie, James... charisma and entertainment. Sky will never have that. And dare I say it, with those folk... Brundle isn't really missed (though I'd love to see him back with that team).

Brundle definitely worked better with them than with the soulless Sky crew.

Dead Man

Aye, she really is brilliant at what she does. I think it's part of her attraction too.

_54243200_leemackenziesoffice.gif

Yeah, to me that is what evelvates her from merely pleasent looking, to being an object of infatuation. Competence is sexy.

Nolan.

Put your umbrellas up and down if you're a Lewis fan.
Now, if you're a Hamilton fan.

Bahahaha.

Haha I felt like I heard it wrong at first and why can't they be fans of Both Lewis and Jenson, I think most people are fans of Mclaren first though...maybe

Yeah, to me that is what evelvates her from merely pleasent looking, to being an object of infatuation. Competence is sexy.

And that's the difference between McKenzie and Thompson. While Thompson is definitely good looking and knows some stuff, due to her experience, she can't keep up with McKenzie.

With Lee you got an experienced journalist, WRC driver and owner of a driver management company.

S50gb.jpg

With Georgie you got an experienced journalist and drunk driver.

oQnGl.jpg

It was a pretty big mistake from Sky to let Lee switch over to the BBC.

Has anything been said on the forum about when they expect a decision on the Maldonado incident?

From the only angle I've seen, it really didn't look all that incriminating for either party. But naturally, based on his prior form, people seem to be calling for Pastor's head.

Shaneus

Ah, Lee's back.

And this bloke who's on now is saying they're still looking at it. Like you said... wouldn't be something to be picked up on normally, but prior behaviour will come into play.

Juicy Bob

There are two sides to Maldonado criticism:

1) He drives into people on purpose when he's angry (Spa 2011, Monaco 2012).

2) He keeps hitting people when racing them sideo-by-sideo (Grosjean at Melbourne, Lewis at Valencia, Perez today).

With that considered, is it any wonder people are being critical of him?

Shaneus

Yeah, definitely. The more I think of it, the more he's becoming the loveable (somewhat) goof of F1, much like Walker in his heyday. And I have no problem with that at all, he's quite passionate, knowledgeable and funny. Always great to get the perspective of a former team owner, too. On that note, wouldn't mind seeing someone as equally as outspoken like Paul Stoddart with an occasional role as well.

So, uh, can anyone explain what the deal is with Alonso and Asbel cause it's kinda freaking me out.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't know that character by their actual name (has his own name for it) but I think he's just being goofy!

Juicy Bob

It's interesting how I share most of F1GAF's views about the sport, drivers, teams and BBC/Sky, and yet most of my other F1 friends have the complete opposite views to me about almost all of them.

Nolan.

Hard to believe Mark has only won 8 races in his career, happy for him I wouldn't mind if he won the WDC even though I'd like to see Lewis and Fernando fight it out

also why does Jenson look so old this year, stress? last year I don't remember looking at him and thinking he looked quite...old

Nolan.

I bet you a few F1 drivers read a some of our forums.

They probably do, a lot of them are geeks with egos so wouldn't be surprised and Lol I can't get over Eddie's drumming this guy is just gold

Maybe it's time I should admit that I am actually Vitaly Petrov. The only reason I was able to post during the race today was because my FUCKING ENGINE blew on the way to the grid. :(

I love you Vitaly! but why you no like Heikki?

Adamm

Omiee

Fucking hell you guys someway found a way to get me to love Webber. I dont know why but i want him to win it this year. Still wish vettel can get some wins in.

Lucius86

Banned
Would be awesome, but what makes you say that?

Webber tweeted a gif of himself literally a matter of hours after Sunhi made it. Alonso is clearly a geek with his little doll he takes pictures of....these are still human beings at the end of the day.

Shaneus

Looks legit, great race mate!
:p
No worries, mate! She'll be right, you beauty.

Fucking hell you guys someway found a way to get me to love Webber. I dont know why but i want him to win it this year. Still wish vettel can get some wins in.
What happened? Seriously... you've almost done a 180 from the past few days or so. It's definitely a good thing, but it's just... odd.

Webber tweeted a gif of himself literally a matter of hours after Sunhi made it. Alonso is clearly a geek with his little doll he takes pictures of....these are still human beings at the end of the day.
The pixellated one? It was more than a few hours. A couple of days or so, at least. I think it may have been reddited?

He calls it Tomita (whatever that means). He replied to some one who asked him about it once, he said something like its just a cute character he got somewhere & he just started putting it in photos.

I dont think he knows where/what its from

http://www.fernandoalonso.com/en/mi-vida/fotos-tomita/

EDIT: Actaully maybe he knows more about it than he lets on

original.jpg

That's so great. I've seen it a time or two before but just now started to wonder why it was a regular thing. I've said it before, but I've become much more of an Alonso fan after I started checking his twitter.

Omiee

No worries, mate! She'll be right, you beauty.

What happened? Seriously... you've almost done a 180 from the past few days or so. It's definitely a good thing, but it's just... odd.

The pixellated one? It was more than a few hours. A couple of days or so, at least. I think it may have been reddited?

Man i dont know, i guess he has that magic over people. He has always been a nice guy on the grid. I think what did it is that even though he has all the ods against him ( horner, rbr, vettel ) he is still doing the best he can do.

Guy fought his way to a spot in a good team from the lower teams (beneton, minardi, jaguar). Lets be honest the guy has maybe 2 good season left in him so i really want him to win the WDC this year. Im still a vettel fanboy but the guy has had a lot of things coming his way which is the exact opposite of webber. So im backing webber to win it this year. Vettel is 25 he still has a few good years.

He does look relaxed this weekend im pretty sure he signed with RBR.

Dead Man

Man i dont know, i guess he has that magic over people. He has always been a nice guy on the grid. I think what did it is that even though he has all the ods against him ( horner, rbr, vettel ) he is still doing the best he can do.

Guy fought his way to a spot in a good team from the lower teams (beneton, minardi, jaguar). Lets be honest the guy has maybe 2 good season left in him so i really want him to win the WDC this year. Im still a vettel fanboy but the guy has had a lot of things coming his way which is the exact opposite of webber. So im backing webber to win it this year. Vettel is 25 he still has a few good years.

He does look relaxed this weekend im pretty sure he signed with RBR.

Hi 5 brother!

He realized that he wasn't exactly popular, after the qualifying discussion and some when people put him on the ignore list. Pretending to like Webber is a good way to change that in this thread.

I, for one, realized that a long time ago.

Go, Mark. GO!

Nolan.

Kind of a strange penalty in a way usually fines are accompanied by grid drops, plus it just doesn't seem like any kind of deterrent anyway.

Kind of a strange penalty in a way usually fines are accompanied by grid drops, plus it just doesn't seem like any kind of deterrent anyway.

Schumi gets a 5 spot penalty with his clash with Senna, Hamilton even worse with his previous incidents, yet prupose with all his past shenanigans only gets fined 10k? wtfisthisshit.gif

Omiee

Mclaren lost about 35 points to Red Bull right? I really hope they can bounce back and bring some upgrades that will actually work for them because this weekends upgrades have not really worked.

He realized that he wasn't exactly popular, after the qualifying discussion and some when people put him on the ignore list. Pretending to like Webber is a good way to change that in this thread.

I, for one, realized that a long time ago.

Go, Mark. GO!

Come on now brotkasten dont be like that. I really think Webber deserves it. This weekend has nothing to do with it. Iv stated my opinion in the end and it was not popular and it hasn't stopped me from keep stating my opinion.

To come back to webber like i stated before the guy has fought his way to RBR from minardi bmw and jaguar to RBR in their struggles untill they became a top team.

Top Bottom