• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Omiee

Lewis admitting that they're far off from RBR. Really weird how this season has developed.

Ferrari have improved their car much better than Mclaren have. Lotus is close but Mercedes is falling back a bit.

I still think it will be between RBR and Ferrari this year for the WDC. WCC is RBR though.

Properly gutted about Alonso, never though I'd ever say that.

Still, the old girl liked Webber too and at least both the Red Bulls were on the podium. I really need to find some HD shots now to see where we are on the car.

I think the excitement of the early laps helped toda, not so much time to dwell.

Both McLaren drivers sounding pretty dejected. I'm surprised by how far that team is sliding back. At least they seem to have their pitstops worked out, so that's something?

Shaneus

ZX9y6.png

BbkyE.png

n1AJZ.png

7Mrh5.jpg

pCaIr.jpg

Zt5sd.png

aHBuY.png

DCSKQ.png

afC7l.png

x7iK9.jpg

NTyA0.png

Enjoy :)

John_B

I'm starting to agree with Schumacher regarding the tires. There should be some tactical element to them, but the random drops in performance heavily outweighs any skill of the drivers. There is no "nursing" this season. There are just some optimal - much unknown to most of the teams it seems - variables that either break one compound, or make it work, and drivers have little influence.

Shaneus

Spoiled how? By coming into this thread?

I hope it wasn't from seeing my avatar somewhere else :(

And besides... aren't you meant to be working? ;)

Im officially on the Webber band wagon, i really really think he deserves to win the WDC this year.

Vettel is young so is Hamilton they both will have enough chances. Webber really deserves it and he is on top of his game so far this season.
Fiiiiinally.

Please send me $20 with a stamped, self-addressed envelope and you'll receive your fan-club badge and complimentary Mark Webber bobblehead in 6-8 weeks.

Edit: Is that fucking Big Bad Wolf again?!?

Nolan.

Maybe Lewis has signed for someone else and Mclaren knows this and are trying to swing development with Jenson more in mind or they really got caught napping. I still don't quite get whats happening there. I said Ferrari and Lotus would catch them if they kept failing and bam there it is.

Xun

Boring race? People really do love to hate on Silverstone, eh?

A great race, and it's good to see Webber win! The Ferrari is definitely a very competitive car now, despite Alonso's skill and I'm happy to see Massa do well.

Dead Man

Spoiled how? By coming into this thread?

I hope it wasn't from seeing my avatar somewhere else :(

And besides... aren't you meant to be working? ;)

I AM working LOL, writing notes and keeping up with current events for my clients :) And nah, I was stupid enough to go to facebook and a friend has posted.

My work has long hours, but it is mostly hanging out with the clients or writing case notes on the computer with shit internet.

If Maldo didn't have a history with stuff like this then I don't think the incident today would have been such a big deal.

For some reason I actually feel sorry for the guy. :/

Britprog

Podium is awesome.

Maybe Lewis has signed for someone else and Mclaren knows this and are trying to swing development with Jenson more in mind or they really got caught napping. I still don't quite get whats happening there. I said Ferrari and Lotus would catch them if they kept failing and bam there it is.

I won't be surprised if Lewis is going to move, it seems McLaren have sorted our Jenson tyre wear issues but at the same time slowed down Lewis.

Shaneus

I AM working LOL, writing notes and keeping up with current events for my clients :) And nah, I was stupid enough to go to facebook and a friend has posted.

My work has long hours, but it is mostly hanging out with the clients or writing case notes on the computer with shit internet.
;)

Gotta say, REALLY impressed with Grosjean. Thought I was fucked in F1RM, but my gamble to stick with Lotus for both chassis and engine has paid off. Means that there's practically 4x the points compared to if I had the individual drivers in the roster. Should mean a heap of points and dough.

Didn't put any bets in, and probably would've scored a heap from that, too. Webber/Alonso/Vettel would've been a combo I'd have chosen, I think.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
If Maldo didn't have a history with stuff like this then I don't think the incident today would have been such a big deal.

I did think that then I saw Webber on Alonso and thought 'oh right yeah, that's what should have happened'. Perez is right, he has no respect for the other drivers.

McLaren showing the world how not to win championships since 1999.

Its seriously sad/pathetic every time I think about this. I remember Ron Dennis making that joke about Ferrari not winning for 20(?) years. Looks like Macca is looking to beat that record :lol

There's a reason I was so nervous when Kimi was just behind Maldonado in the opening laps! I would push at this point for just stripping his license, but maybe that's just me. Perez is right though, they can't just give him another slap on the wrist and send him on his way. Clearly lenient penalties aren't changing his mind and nobody else seems to be convincing him to not be a dick, so they need to step it up and maybe he'll change.

Shaneus

So, is this "forum" now? I thought there was normally a definite transition b/w broadcast and Forum, but maybe not (at least, not that they're on BBC2).

pants

Naah, Perez should have maybe kept his ether for off camera but he is right, Maldonado as he is now is dangerous. Others have gone on to have successful careers from "wild" roots so hopefully someone can step in and have a word with him.

Nolan.

There's a reason I was so nervous when Kimi was just behind Maldonado in the opening laps! I would push at this point for just stripping his license, but maybe that's just me. Perez is right though, they can't just give him another slap on the wrist and send him on his way. Clearly lenient penalties aren't changing his mind and nobody else seems to be convincing him to not be a dick, so they need to step it up and maybe he'll change.

His excuses are just as delightful to read

"I was coming out of the pits, with cold tyres, I was trying to defend my position. Perez tried to close the door and we were very close to each other.''
Someone is always trying to close the door on Maldonado, always. Lots of occasions with drivers coming onto to track with cold tyres and fighting immediately for position without dnf-ing each other but hey.

pants

And you were right to be. As I remember he ran Kimi off the track as well.

Vettel's already hating on Webber's skills.

Red Bull's Mark Webber is going to belt out Bryan Adam's Summer of '69 at the celebration this evening, something which his team-mate Sebastian Vettel isn't particularly excited about. "I'm not a great singer and I would say he is decent, but it's not the greatest thing to listen to," said Vettel.

Shaneus

Where is a cheap place to get F1 merchandise? What do people normally use?
You know, REAL fans got their merch at the start of the season. Not when Webber started winning.

Oh, so THIS is Leigh? Awesome. Easy on the eyes, amazing accent and knowledgeable about F1. Dream woman.

Lucius86

Banned
You know, REAL fans got their merch at the start of the season. Not when Webber started winning.

Oh, so THIS is Leigh? Awesome. Easy on the eyes, amazing accent and knowledgeable about F1. Dream woman.

Lee. And I was actually thinking on buying a Lotus polo shirt to show my love for Grosjean. I need to have SOMETHING before Spa.

Juicy Bob

Lee McKenzie is a fantastic woman. I feel bad for finding her so attractive as I don't want to take focus away from the brilliant job she does.

Nolan.

I won't be surprised if Lewis is going to move, it seems McLaren have sorted our Jenson tyre wear issues but at the same time slowed down Lewis.

I think perhaps Mclaren are just better at watching what the leading car is doing and developing around that onto the base that they start with, at least in recent years. I won't be surprised if we see them bring a stepped nose come next race thereby signalling a change in philosophy. I don't know any more, at this rate I can see Williams jumping them next season on their way back to the top of the field.

Shaneus

Lee. And I was actually thinking on buying a Lotus polo shirt to show my love for Grosjean. I need to have SOMETHING before Spa.
Caterham. British Racing Green and Yellow. Then if you need to get it autographed, you'll know there'll be bugger-all of a crowd for the signings ;)

PS. Surprised and stoked with the Frenchie's finish today. Was expecting the worst after the wing replacement. F1RM gotta be good!

Nolan.

Every time I see that clip of Kobayashi running his crew over I wince it's a horrible sight, glad no one got seriously hurt

Shaneus

Bahaha. Go BBC.

PS. Really is a great team. Lee, Eddie, James... charisma and entertainment. Sky will never have that. And dare I say it, with those folk... Brundle isn't really missed (though I'd love to see him back with that team).

Top Bottom