• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Xun

ask Massa... but I have a feeling Fernando has a wet set-up gamble for the race, if it doesn't rain he will get obliterated by Vettel and Webber / Hamilton could catch him at some point during the later part of the race. If I'm wrong then hats off to the Spaniard, incredible driver, I don't understand how anyone could hate him, already a 2xWDC and still pushing like crazy no matter what.
Just because Massa isn't doing well, doesn't mean the Ferrari is a bad car.

It's definitely one of the best.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Alonso need good start , Vettel is on his right and Old One is right behind him...

Also Mr. Prupose on 5th place :D

Risgroo

Alonso is a fucking god, and my faith grows every race weekend. He should be good tomorrow as well, provided he hasn't gone for a wet setup. Hopefully the McLarens can make up a few places as well.

Shaneus

Vettel had a sook at the post-race, did he? Was it an obvious dig or trying to be subtle? Anyway, agreed that he needs to grow up. He has at least another 18 months with him. Hopefully whatever caused Webber to change his gearbox will happen to Vettel mid-race.

Yup. I'm a cunt but he needs to grow up. Almost acting like a little Prupose, going by what people are saying.

Ce-Lin

Chances for rain are about 10% and the teams knew that. I doubt Fernando went out with a wet setup.

thanks for the info, considering how smart Fernando is then I stand corrected and I doubt his car is moderately set-up for a wet race, hats-off for the Spaniard then showing he's one of the greatest even with the 05-06 Renault' mass-damper / crash gate / Felipe baby Fernando is faster than you shenanigans (we all know rain acts as an equalizer of some sorts, making some other drivers like Massa look a bit unprofessional).

Also, Button in front of Hamilton? Why? How? Alonso is now the only driver trashing his teammate 10-0 both in Saturdays and Sundays.

You didn't see Alonso complaining about Massa at the conference. Shit happens, Vettel needs to grow up.

good point, Fernando looks really cool... almost too cool, I wonder what's in his head? maybe he knows in the dry he can't stand a chance against Vettel?

GP2 is about to start. No rain, but the track is still wet.

Vettel had a sook at the post-race, did he? Was it an obvious dig or trying to be subtle? Anyway, agreed that he needs to grow up. He has at least another 18 months with him. Hopefully whatever caused Webber to change his gearbox will happen to Vettel mid-race.

Yup. I'm a cunt but he needs to grow up. Almost acting like a little Prupose, going by what people are saying.

I think he only said that Webber was holding him up on one lap, but that's it. Webber didn't even say anything.

Omiee

Wow thats a bit harsh dont you think. People are over reacting in this thread like always. He just said he was on a fast lap and he was help up a bit but he could not blame webber because in these conditions its always hard to see in your mirrors etc etc.

sjeez

Dilly

Banned
GP2 is about to start. No rain, but the track is still wet.

I think he only said that Webber was holding him up on one lap, but that's it. Webber didn't even say anything.

It was still not necessary, it's not like he missed out on pole because of it.

Omiee

It was still not necessary, it's not like he missed out on pole because of it.

How do you know that? Are you behind a computer in a f1 garage with data and charts etc. We dont know what it could have meant. But he was not bitching about it he just said it happened because he was asked about it by the interviewer.

Time for GP2!!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
He just said he was on a fast lap and he was help up a bit but he could not blame webber because in these conditions its always hard to see in your mirrors etc etc.

sjeez
Yep, and he is in nice place for tomorrow. Track will be green, so 'better' side won't matter as much as it should and RBR is very good in colder weather.

Omiee

Completely agree. I've said that it was unprofessional, but I didn't want Shaneus too think that Vettel was an overly agressive cry baby again.

Wait its unprofessional to answer a questions what happened? Its a freaking interview your are supposed to say what happened on the track. If he was complaining and said he lost pole because of it, it would have been crazy. But he only said he was held up a bit and he cant blame webber for it because of the tricky conditions.

As always you are just making it much more than it is.

No matter how much you hate it he is still the double world champion and the media darling =D

Guy is really likable, a professional and an amazing driver.

Nice start to the race so far. no crashes.

McLaren really dropped the ball again.

Yeah, it's a bit sad to see. They're a bit like Ferrari in the last two years. Fast, but not really there and screwing races up with terrible pit stops. We're still at half of the season, though. It's not too late to turn it around and when Hamilton was s quick in Q2, I honestly thought they did it.

'Felippe, Fernando is faster than you'
ohdear.jpg

Dudes on a pole streak SON !

Yeah, it's a bit sad to see. They're a bit like Ferrari in the last two years. Fast, but not really there and screwing races up with terrible pit stops. We're still at half of the season, though. It's not too late to turn it around and when Hamilton was s quick in Q2, I honestly thought they did it.
If it's dry tomorrow then one of the Mclarens will get a podium, I'm absolutely sure of that. They looked very quick in dry conditions.

Bagerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smW9yo-P_zk

Wuv you Webbles

Wow.....vettel is pissed at webber

Quit over exaggerating shit. I watched that press conference and he didnt looked pissed (in fact, he looked like he was gonna cry :lol )

Saying stuff like "vettel pissed at webber" usually brings out the usual "loololol vettel" haters out when instead it was more like "vettel disappointed in webber/weather".

He didnt pull any angry webber-esque shenanigans like Webber Silverstone 2010 (banging water glass onto table) and it doesnt help people always blow Vettel's little "tantrums" out of proportions everytime the guy does something.

The double standards here and funny/sad sometimes. I bet if WebGod was the one being held up by Vettel and threw a subtle cheap shot at Vettel during the conference, this thread would be loving it

Webber talking shit about Vettel: Webaaaahhh!!! <333333 sogood.gif
Vettel talking shit about Webber: fuckin kid needs to grow up

/Omiee

edit: as evidenced by the post above me. nuff said.

Omiee

How unprofessional. Im sure we can find multiple video's like this for hamilton,alonso,shumi and others. But hey its vettel so lets all make a big deal about it.

right brotkasten ;)

Quit over exaggerating shit. I watched that press conference and he didnt looked pissed (in fact, he looked like he was gonna cry :lol )

Saying stuff like "vettel pissed at webber" usually brings out the usual "loololol vettel" haters out when instead it was more like "vettel disappointed in webber/weather".

He didnt pull any angry webber-esque shenanigans like Webber Silverstone 2010 (banging water glass onto table) and it doesnt help people always blow Vettel's little "tantrums" out of proportions everytime the guy does something.

The double standards here and funny/sad sometimes. I bet if WebGod was the one being held up by Vettel and threw a subtle cheap shot at Vettel during the conference, this thread would be loving it

/Omiee

well said.

Shaneus

Wow thats a bit harsh dont you think. People are over reacting in this thread like always. He just said he was on a fast lap and he was help up a bit but he could not blame webber because in these conditions its always hard to see in your mirrors etc etc.

sjeez
Did you even read what I wrote? I was asking a question because I hadn't seen it at all. But feel free to be a bit more defensive next time I post something questioning Vettel, as (obviously) speculative as it may be.

/Omiee

Usually because Webber's got the experience to be justified in being pissed at something. Vettel doesn't. That's not a skill thing, that's something that's come with time. Vettel will get there, but right now he's still losing his shit (though admittedly, not in this instance, I have since found out) at things he shouldn't.

PS. Webber was perfectly justified in the "shenanigans" he pulled at Silverstone 2010. You don't remember the circumstances? If you don't:
1. New wing for Silverstone, each driver has one.
2. Vettel damages his.
3. Team gives Webber's to his co-driver.

If anything, the "shenanigans" was pulled by his team and he had every right to be pissed. Thankfully, he responded in the best way possible.

Deadman

Just caught up on qualifying on bbc. Lee mckenzie was hosting, she did quite a good job.

Hope for a good battle tomorrow. Also rain.

G-Unit

Yeah shumie could have been on pole had they changed tyres as ferrari did. I don't think mercedes have race pace, so top 7 for them

smiggyRT

What comment did Ross Brawn make indicating the Schumacher might not be there next season? I'm in the US so coverage is shit.

From what I remember it was pretty much if he wants to stay something will probably be worked out but they haven't sat down and started talking yet.

Adamm

What comment did Ross Brawn make indicating the Schumacher might not be there next season? I'm in the US so coverage is shit.

He said hat they hadn't spoke about it yet. But said that they need to take he 2014 changes into consideration as they want to keep continuity, so I took it that he meant they want to keep drivers for a few years. And I was under the impression that Schumacher was only wanting a 1 or 2 year extension.

So he either signs up long term, or leave

He said hat they hadn't spoke about it yet. But said that they need to take he 2014 changes into consideration as they want to keep continuity, so I took it that he meant they want to keep drivers for a few years. And I was under the impression that Schumacher was only wanting a 1 or 2 year extension.

I think it's quite likely that he'll end up getting forced out. Again.

From what I remember it was pretty much if he wants to stay something will probably be worked out but they haven't sat down and started talking yet.

Thanks for the details guys.

Omiee

I think there are enough teams who would gladly give him a drive.

Top Bottom