• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Very slippery track.

i59JPvajKiYQE.gif
ibkJ20SMh53Oc0.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
^^
so much swag

somebody should 'shop some exclamations on that Schuey gif - like 'omg here i go again' :D

moojito

Webber wondering along with the rest of us why they don't just take the sandbags out on a friday and save everyone some trouble.

I'm not convinced this is sandbagging... I think the engine map stuff may have hurt them. Alonso must be laughing his arse off right now. :)

Nolan.

I'm not convinced this is sandbagging... I think the engine map stuff may have hurt them. Alonso must be laughing his arse off right now. :)

Indeed, Mclaren and Redbull falling over themselves would be perfect for him to protect his lead. I think Mclaren can still mount a challenge for the titles (less so the constructors) but it's a lot to ask at this point, that's why you need to take the points when you have pace advantage. I won't rule Redbull out quite yet for the weekend, they always seem to throw something out on Saturday morning all risk style to try and regain what seems lost.

NHale

Indeed, Mclaren and Redbull falling over themselves would be perfect for him to protect his lead. I think Mclaren can still mount a challenge for the titles (less so the constructors) but it's a lot to ask at this point, that's why you need to take the points when you have pace advantage. I won't rule Redbull out quite yet for the weekend, they always seem to throw something out on Saturday morning all risk style to try and regain what seems lost.

Red Bull is sandbagging like they do quite often on Fridays (compare their number of laps to other teams, if they had problems they would run at least the same as the other teams).

They probably want people to believe the engine mapping is responsible for how fast their car was in the last GP and thentomorrow they get 1-2 in the qualify.

Nolan.

Haha Toto is hilarious 'I've gotta be careful now...putting myself into shit'

Edit: and sky apologises for Toto's potty mouth ha I like ToTo

Red Bull is sandbagging like they do quite often on Fridays (compare their number of laps to other teams, if they had problems they would run at least the same as the other teams).

They probably want people to believe the engine mapping is responsible for how fast their car was in the last GP and thentomorrow they get 1-2 in the qualify.

Yeah. I highly doubt that the engine mapping gave them such an advantage. It would be even more embarrassing for the FIA.

Regardind F1RM, I started pretty well but I'm dropping a lot lately, even when I thought I was going to do well last race because I had Lotus/Sauber (stupid unlucky Grosjean :(). At least I got 6 out of 8 bets! (thank you based Nando)

I'm betting it all on McLaren this weekend, going Maldonado/Grosjean and Lotus/McLaren, lowering fuel to Mobil 1 for now.

Shaneus

Nah, it wasn't that. Webber was never happy with the car at all in Germany. I don't think the engine mapping thing hurt him at all, I just think they're struggling to get the car running the way they want it.

I have an 'orrible feeling Webs will be starting from pit lane :(

kharma45

Nah, it wasn't that. Webber was never happy with the car at all in Germany. I don't think the engine mapping thing hurt him at all, I just think they're struggling to get the car running the way they want it.

It might hurt in the race though with managing tyres.

Fantomex

Nah, it wasn't that. Webber was never happy with the car at all in Germany. I don't think the engine mapping thing hurt him at all, I just think they have it set to run the way Vettel wants it.

Fixed it for ya!

Nolan.

What's interesting is that even though this track suits the Rebull's characteristics more than some of the others (Mclaren are supposed to be slow in slow speed corners...) they are loosing time in the final sector even on the softs.

What's interesting is that even though this track suits the Rebull's characteristics more than some of the others (Mclaren are supposed to be slow in slow speed corners...) they are loosing time in the final sector even on the softs.

Not being allowed to set the engine mapping like they did might hurt them there no?

Dilly

Banned
Edmond Dantès;40366424 said:
Alonso for pole.

I'd be surprised by that. The Ferrari isn't bad at all but it's not exactyl smooth around here either. I think around 3rd place is more realistic for this weekend.

Top Bottom