• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Xun

it will survive... it has to

SHHMi.gif
I know your pain man.

Fucking Community.

Yoritomo

Didn't Horner complain about Hamilton in the post-race interview, when he was asked about Vettel's then potential penalty?

At least the golden boy didn't do anything wrong.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101457

It would have been more fun if Vettel emulated Senna and started a fist fight with Hamilton, but alas those days are long gone. We have to get all excited over stupid and cucumber.

Wonder how much of an effect it will have on their performance.

What about fuel economy though? Lowering torque at lower revs seems like it would promote less fuel usage as well. I don't understand what's wrong with a throttle map that is still directly tied to the throttle even if it doesn't have a traditional looking torque curve. Whether it affects fuel economy, traction, or any other factor I see no reason that it shouldn't be allowed.

NHale

His twitter account on the last couple of days make me think the 2011 Lewis Hamilton is back in full force. Did Nicole left him again?

Just for fun, let's see what Lewis and Alonso are doing today (2 days before a grand prix weekend):

Lewis Hamilton said:
Ur never gonna guess who i am going to meet tonight? I have the honor of meeting the great Muhammad Ali!!! The best that ever did it!!

Fernando Alonso said:
Good morning! We start some work on the simulator..! A long day ahead..! Let's go for it!! ! #HungaryAlo

Xun

His twitter account on the last couple of days make me think the 2011 Lewis Hamilton is back in full force. Did Nicole left him again?
Nothing on his Twitter suggests he's back to how he was in 2011.

I have no idea why you think this.

Dilly

Banned
This better not mean Vettel is ranked higher... :|

Plus wouldn't be a Benson article without a dig at Schumacher "Renault faced a determined fightback from Ferrari and Michael Schumacher, who employed the sort of dirty tricks they had perfected over the years to try to derail their rival."

Would be hilarious since they're always claiming Alonso is the best driver on the current grid.

Deadman

Does this mean Vettel will be above Alonso?

Its a disgrace.

I dont think it would be that bad if vettel was 8/9. His career at this stage is as good/better than alonso's was at the same age. As long as hes not top 3 or something stupid like that.

I guess he could not be in the list at all, but then they would have to explain why hamilton is 15th and vettel is not top 20, despite vettel being a double champion.

Domenicali about their current situation:

“The fact we are leading the Drivers’ Championship with Fernando does not lull us into thinking that everything is fine and we’re cruising along with the wind in our sails - quite the contrary, in fact,” Team Principal Domenicali said on the team website.

“Red Bull has always been very strong in Budapest these past few years and McLaren showed in Germany that it was back in front-running form, after a slight dip at its home race.

"Then there is also Mercedes as well as Lotus and other teams, such as Williams and Sauber, who have shown they can - in some circumstances - also be in the fight for the podium. Clearly, the opposition is as numerous as it’s strong.”

Adding that Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo is reminding his workforce of the same facts, Domenicali concludes:

“There is still a long road ahead of us, with plenty of obstacles along the way. The first and currently the most dangerous one is to catch this sense of euphoria that comes from the outside. But I’m calm about this because I am immune to these things!”
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/281917/ferrari-we-can-t-think-everything-is-fine/

and Felipe Massa

"We want to support Felipe 100 per cent," he said. "We want to express that we are all together as a team and a family at the moment.

"In Silverstone we saw Felipe was close to Fernando, so that's why we need to believe in the fact that Felipe can do the right job for the team.

"That is why we have always said there is no pressure. We want him to realise that he is a part of us, and we will protect him in all conditions. And I am sure that he will give back what the team is giving him."

When asked if the speculation surrounding his future could be playing a part in Massa's troubled season, Domenicali said that Ferrari would not hurry to resolve the matter.

"We said from the beginning that we have no rush," he said. "It doesn't change our approach. Now is not the time to discuss the future."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101466

I wonder who the girl to the right is, Alonso's girlfriend?

She does look like his girlfriend, but I'm not 100% sure.

ta9kc.jpg

You're a lucky man, Dilly!

Plus wouldn't be a Benson article without a dig at Schumacher "Renault faced a determined fightback from Ferrari and Michael Schumacher, who employed the sort of dirty tricks they had perfected over the years to try to derail their rival."

While I obviously don't agree that Vettel is a better driver than Alonso, the article made a good point about Alonso's missed opportunities and how he could already have more championships under his belt.

Shaneus

Ah, but championships != great drivers. Missed because of his choices but not because of what made him a great driver. Who knows how many championships Webber would've had a shot at had he been driving a car more reliable than the RBR post 2009? Doesn't make him a worse driver. (crappy example, but you get the idea)

is he really doing a rap album?

According to The Sun, he already recorded an R&B album last winter, but there are no plans to release it.

The McLaren F1 star is a huge music fan and wanted the opportunity to lay down some of his own material using state-of-the-art facilities — which have also been used by superstars including Robbie Williams and Kylie Minogue.

But sadly we won’t be hearing any of his singing. It’s just for his own pleasure.

A source said: “Not many people know Lewis has been making music in his spare time.

“He’s really into his R&B and has been cutting lots of songs that fit in with his taste. At the moment he’s fully focused on F1 so it’s unlikely any of the tracks will be made public.

“But he’s had good feedback from the few people who have heard them.”

Lewis has been renting the whole complex to ensure he’s not spotted by anyone.

It costs a few bob but the millionaire former world champion is hardly short of cash.

It’s a shame he doesn’t fancy handing out some of his CDs to radio stations, or even posting tracks online.mpu

Xun

I've never liked ranking drivers in such a list.

Having said that, I do think Hamilton and Alonso are the best drivers on the grid at the moment.

I feel Hamilton is probably the faster of the two (albeit slightly), whereas Alonso is more consistent and can adapt better (thanks to more experience).

Hamilton's consistency has been better this year, it's just McLaren have let both him and Button down immensely.

She does look like his girlfriend, but I'm not 100% sure.

ta9kc.jpg

You're a lucky man, Dilly!
What a lucky bugger.

Leunam

Just for fun, let's see what Lewis and Alonso are doing today (2 days before a grand prix weekend):

I'd skip work to meet Lewis Hamilton.

It doesn't look like Perez is definitely going to replace Massa next year.
But despite his connections to Maranello, Perez claims that he has not had any talks with the Scuderia about his future, and he will not try to instigate any.

"No, none at all," he said when asked if replacing Massa had been discussed. "We are focusing fully on this season. It has been a very busy season so far, so it is too soon for me to think about my future.

"It's not [something] that I will push. I have to see what the options are and then I will decide. If there is an opportunity with them [Ferrari] or another team then that is the time to know."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101495

I'd skip work to meet Lewis Hamilton.

But would you skip work to meet Narain Karthikeyan?

We've all seen him a billion times at the grocery store already.

Hahaha ... But seriously, I'd love to ask him what it feels like to drive such a shitty car. It think it was last year, when Chandok did some commenting during a free practice session for BBC and he mentioned that he once sat down with Narain to watch the qualifying (as both of them obviously didn't make it to Q2) and they were amazed by how smooth the other cars would go around the track and how little the other drivers had to fight the car.
He should be skipping work to meet me.

You should ask him next season. I don't think there's any work for him to skip.

Leunam

There was a video from the 2010 season I think where they had an on board lap from Webber and Chandhok, I think, in Australia. Webber was far smoother from what I remember.

dubc35

We're in 10th in F1RM, c'mon need to be in single digits before the break! I realized I have forgotten to place bets every GP since AUS, d'oh!

Risgroo

Grosjean and Schumacher haven't been doing much good for my RM team lately. I might have to replace Schumi soon, but Grosjean should be okay, provided he gets his shit together.

Fantomex

GAF since 2001 and this is the first thread I've subscribed to.

LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME COMMUNITY!

Glad to have ya mate!

I was thinking. If F1 Race Stars is a mix of Mario Kart, it's guaranteed that Massa will be the best player in the game. Ramming ability, debris slips, high armor and don't get me started on power ups.

AcridMeat

Banned
Despite making some good changes last race and getting more points from it, I can't even make any competitive changes before this race. :( I have almost 13 million to spend too, damn it.

kharma45

Grosjean and Schumacher haven't been doing much good for my RM team lately. I might have to replace Schumi soon, but Grosjean should be okay, provided he gets his shit together.

Schumi hasn't been too bad of late tbh for his price, I'm thinking of swapping him for Button though myself.

Edit - Or I can upgrade both Koba and MSC to Perez and Hamilton... decisions...

mblitek

Struggled to find the thread, had to google to get it. Forgot what I wanted to say o-o

/subscribes

Crap, I've had 10posts stored in replies and just lost them all :eek:

Community section makes our Formula 1 thread seem plebian like NASCAR or something. We have lost our glory!

Shaneus

Despite making some good changes last race and getting more points from it, I can't even make any competitive changes before this race. :( I have almost 13 million to spend too, damn it.
Get some RBR up in ya. After a few mistakes here and there (Schumacher for one. Maldonado during the weekend he won kinda made up for that though) I have RBR and Sauber form my engine/chassis but only(!) Heikki and PDLR for my drivers. The money I have in the bank'll get me up to someone like Petrov but that's it :/

Desavona

Considering I missed the first 4 races of the year I'm quite happy with my team. Have McLaren - RBR - Total - Karthikeyan - de la Rosa. Just need to save up now for some decent drivers.

PS: Go Webber!

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Amazing pic above!!

What the hell is wrong with the weather this year? It's going to rain for this weekend in Hungary which is always known for its blue skies and baking hot temperatures, this time looking like it'll rain on Sunday.
Should make for an entertaining race.

Dilly

Banned
Amazing pic above!!

What the hell is wrong with the weather this year? It's going to rain for this weekend in Hungary which is always known for its blue skies and baking hot temperatures, this time looking like it'll rain on Sunday.

Wasn't it a wet race last year?

Amazing pic above!!

It looks like it's going to be the opposite of Germany. Dry qualifying, wet race.

TzYEg.png

The huge shower is coming down after the race, though.

NHale

Amazing pic above!!

If there is a track where rain is needed is the Hungaroboring. It's the only way to have an exciting race there. However a mixed conditions race would be even better, just to see Ferrari pit wall making silly mistakes.

McLaren is the only team that should be praying for dry weather. They looked like the fastest car last weekend on dry but their car doesn't work very well with wet tyres, so if it rains it's probably going to be another race to forget.

Top Bottom