• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

acm2000

wo with bashi at caterham theres one of two things thats going to happen next season, either caterham are gonna get their first race win, or f1 will have its first driver death since senna.

Xun

wo with bashi at caterham theres one of two things thats going to happen next season, either caterham are gonna get their first race win, or f1 will have its first driver death since senna.
What the hell you on about man?

I wish James Allen commentated for tv broadcasts, he's so comprehensively superior to the shitty commentary Crofty does on Sky. I really cant stand the way that man narrates a race, he calls it like a football match, lacks articulateness, wit, and even the inflection of his voice annoys me. I bet Ted Kravitz would do a better job than him.

Goldrusher

Merry Christmas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COnpFviWBqY

ibuWlkRochjd5B.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Montezemolo hates simulators.

"It is a joke," said di Montezemolo during a lunch with media at Fiorano. "We have been forced to invest a huge amount of money in these terrible machines, artificial, instead of testing here [at Fiorano] and Mugello.

"If somebody has no money to do tests, it is better to race in GP2, in go karts or go and play basketball. I want to do testing to first of all give new drivers the possibility to drive cars and get experience.

Also compares F1 with football + more in the article. I think that this is just clear sign that Ferrari really struggle to keep pace on this front with other top teams.

Montezemolo hates simulators.

Also compares F1 with football + more in the article. I think that this is just clear sign that Ferrari really struggle to keep pace on this front with other top teams.

Truly a traditional team that can't adapt to the new ways. LdM needs to go and someone younger should take over. He got a point about using new drivers and talent for the tests, though.

It's also a reason why I'm absolutely not confident in Bryne's Ferrari for next season. There's no way to know how good he is without testing his designs on track first.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
He just hates the testing restrictions. Ferrari has the money to throw out on tests and would fight tooth and nail against more budget restrictions.

NHale

He just hates the testing restrictions. Ferrari has the money to throw out on tests and would fight tooth and nail against more budget restrictions.

Not only money but the luxury of having a private track to test near their factory in Maranello. In the Schumacher years they would test in the morning and based on the test, they would make new parts in the factory and test them on the afternoon.

In that era they didn't need wind tunnel or CFD because they had the best correlation data possible: live testing every single day.

F1 2009-13 statistics:

World Drivers' Championship:

2009 - Jenson Button
2010 - Sebastian Vettel
2011 - Sebastian Vettel
2012 - Sebastian Vettel
2013 - Sebastian Vettel

World Constructors' Championship:

2009 - Brawn GP
2010 - Red Bull Racing
2011 - Red Bull Racing
2012 - Red Bull Racing
2013 - Red Bull Racing

Wins by drivers:

38 - Sebastian Vettel
14 - Jenson Button
13 - Lewis Hamilton
11 - Fernando Alonso
09 - Mark Webber
03 - Kimi Raikkonen
03 - Nico Rosberg
02 - Rubens Barrichello
01 - Pastor Maldonado

Wins by teams:

47 - Red Bull Racing
20 - McLaren
12 - Ferrari
08 - Brawn GP
04 - Mercedes
02 - Lotus
01 - Williams

McLaren to launch their 2014 rocketship in orange on Jan 25th?

Engine manufacturers fear Honda challenge

The current engine manufacturers fear they may face a considerable disadvantage to Honda over the course of 2014 as the Japanese manufacturer is not yet obliged to the engine freeze before it enters competition in 2015.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/19038

The engine to have in the new turbo era, McLaren will dominate.

MP4-29 teaser:

dvjt.jpg

Wow is this legit, they did a Nendo of Kobayashi ?

A Nendo, figma AND I believe a non-scale PVC figure.

He has Good Smile personal sponsorship, I believe, and Good Smile has sponsorship of a Super GT series team. They were GT300 champs in recent years and the Racing Miku Nendos are a annual part of their crowdsourcing efforts.

As for Koba returning, I'm not as certain unless he's got some new backing from a company willing to dump a lot of money into Caterham. It's possible, but I don't have the slightest who it would be (it sure isn't GSC)

Strange, they should switch Xperia brand with Playstation brand.

Well the Xperia brand is in dire need of visibility, unlike Playstation, so it would probably be better value for money.

Sony have been rumoured for a while now, so it wouldn't be all that surprising to see this one pan out.

Lewis Hamilton struggled to hit the high notes on track last season, but the Formula One star hasn't endured the same trouble in the recording studio.

The 28-year-old has unleashed his singing voice on the mainstream for the very first time after teaming up with up-and-coming American singer Ana Lou on her track 'Say Goodbye'.

Hamilton's made little secret of his passion for music away from his Mercedes, and his debut is likely to court widespread interest.

Hamilton features on two versus and a chorus of the R&B ballad which was made available for download on SoundCloud on Boxing Day.

The track however, is now mysteriously unavailable on the website which is used as a platform for musicians to exhibit their work.

The Brit, who ended his long-term relationship with girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger earlier this year, is featured singing lyrics such as 'Why don't you give love another try?' 'Baby, you should let me be the one', and 'I 'aint nothing like those other guys.'

Hamilton admitted in July that he had been spending time away from the race track in the studio following his split from X Factor judge Scherzinger.

'I am more successful in the studio at the moment,' he was quoted as saying ahead of last summer's German Grand Prix. 'Behind the wheel is my favourite place at the moment or in the studio making music.'

The British star finished fourth in the drivers' championship in his maiden season with the Silver Arrows tasting victory just once at the Hungarian Grand Prix in July.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pmmBIqpnmk#t=15

Lyrics to 'Say Goodbye': What Hamilton sings on pop track

It kills me to see you cry/Had your heartbroken so many times/Why don't you give love another try?/ I ‘aint nothing like those other guys/You're too beautiful to be in pain/Let me shelter you through all the rain/I will never call you out your name.

It ‘aint easy to find true love/You can fight it but I ‘aint giving up/What I got girl is more than enough/Baby, you should let me be the one.

If you wanna we can take it slow/Tell you everything you want to know/You should never have to be alone/Girl I'll never leave you in the cold/All my sins I will confine in you/Girl come with me and you will never lose/I should be the one that you choose.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
The Brit, who ended his long-term relationship with girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger earlier this year, is featured singing lyrics such as 'Why don't you give love another try?' 'Baby, you should let me be the one', and 'I 'aint nothing like those other guys.'

Damn, she messed his head to the max. He would go to self destruct mode if some other racer from F1 started an affair with Nicole.

Dear god I hope they make a video to go with that track, I can just see it now...

Lewis in a tuxedo, bowtie undone, casually cruising around a nondescript American city in his 2014 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 car. Singing to himself. At night. In the rain. In black and white.

The female vocalist is probably in an abstract black void, full of subtle glints, flares and backlights; the kind that can only exist in a music video. She's probably barely clothed. Also likely wet. And naturally she's wearing a pair of these.

Wins by drivers:

38 - Sebastian Vettel
14 - Jenson Button
13 - Lewis Hamilton
11 - Fernando Alonso
09 - Mark Webber
03 - Kimi Raikkonen
03 - Nico Rosberg
02 - Rubens Barrichello
01 - Pastor Maldonado

Vettel = Jensen + Lewis + Fernando. Pretty impressive.

Rebull = All other winners combined. Even more impressive.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Whitmarsh looking for excuses. This time from the past:

Whitmarsh now believes the team went fundamentally awry in summer 2012, when it over-reacted to a performance dip and decided it had to take a new direction with its '13 design.

More excuses can be read at Autosport

Eurosport.com EN ‏@EurosportCom_EN 1m

BREAKING: Good news - Meribel ski resort director says Michael Schumacher "shocked, a bit shaken up, but conscious".

Gernignon Christophe Lecomte, director of the Méribel, told RMC Sport microphone that the injury of Michael Schumacher on Sunday was not very serious. "He dropped to 11:07, off-piste at Meribel. He was wearing a helmet and banged against a rock, he said. Relief responded quickly, at 11:15. He was airlifted and taken to hospital in Moutiers. He was shocked, a little shaken but conscious. It may be a head injury but it is not very serious.

Mastah

Bianca Garloff ‏@bgarloff 6m

Management: Schumi suffered a head injury with a coma which needed urgent neurosurgical treatment. Condition is critical.

C'mon Schumi, you can do it!

Jesus, I thought things were relatively kosher... I really hope he recovers OK.

Edit: critical condition now being reported by Autosport.

This is fucking terrible.

Shaneus

Yeah, I heard on the news earlier, then they said it was minor... now critical and he's been put into a coma.

Fuck, I hope like all hell he pulls through. Would be devastating if he didn't :(

Top Bottom