• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

I think they'll do better than last season, engines willing, but I don't think the real benefits will be seen until next season or the season after.

I hope they'll get a Mercedes-like build-up season. Not quite there, but still good results.

dubc35

Vettel fingering the competition

1024x768-vettel-flitzer__35790476__MBQF-1386147276,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

http://scarbsf1.com/blog1/2013/12/04/sport-bild-rb10-predcition/

via: http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/formel-1/2013/12/04/sebastian-vettels/neuer-red-bull.html (German)

edit,

lol, so they acknowledge the fact that a lot of people don't like the idea and include it in the things to look forward to in 2014.
Double points in Abu Dhabi
Whether the championship is on the line or not, there’s no doubt that added significance has been given to the final round of the 2014 title race in Abu Dhabi thanks to a new rule which will award drivers and teams double points for that Grand Prix, and that Grand Prix alone. Whether you love or loathe the idea, it’s impossible to believe that there won’t be an additional intensity to the racing at Yas Marina and that can only be a good thing.

What is happening with Lotus? Strange rumors about people leaving all over the place.

Maybe those Lotus / Caterham merger rumours are true?

Lotus: confirmed driver lineup for 2014, team personnel fleeing, no engine deal

Caterham: no driver lineup announced for 2014, Lotus engineers joining team, Renault engine deal

It's happening.gif

The Demon Headmaster finally gets his 10 team wish.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Maybe those Lotus / Caterham merger rumours are true?

Lotus: confirmed driver lineup for 2014, team personnel fleeing, no engine deal

Caterham: no driver lineup announced for 2014, Lotus engineers joining team, Renault engine deal
The rumour is that Lotus can't afford Renault engine for next year, most expensive engine at €25M/year.
The have recently hired an engineer from Mercedes powertrain which suggests switch to them at late stage ala Brawn in 09.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
The rumour is that Lotus can't afford Renault engine for next year, most expensive engine at €25M/year.
The have recently hired an engineer from Mercedes powertrain which suggests switch to them at late stage ala Brawn in 09.

Mercedes would surely jump with joy to supply another team

Shaneus

Oh god, I'm buying this and wearing it to Melbourne. Probably during the pit walk:
ku-xlarge.png

I also noticed the guy used the term "strap it on". Perhaps that could be the slogan for the F1 2014 season?

Formula 1: Strap It On.

Zeknurn

McLaren drops Vodafone branding after end of contract

McLaren had planned to reveal its new title sponsor on December 2nd after Vodafone confirmed earlier in 2013 that it would be withdrawing from Formula One at the end of the year. However, the team opted to scrap the unveil plans. This decision coincided with Kevin Magnussen’s confirmation for 2014, leaving Sergio Perez without and seat, suggesting that Telmex – a major backer of Perez – may have been the planned title sponsor before the move to drop Perez.

The team’s website is now absent of Vodafone branding, with a slick black design replacing the red and white colours of the telecom company. Further to that, the team’s name is simply “McLaren Mercedes”, having been preceded by “Vodafone” for the past seven seasons. You can see the changes here.
http://richlandf1.com/?p=17850

McLaren have had roughly two paint jobs in 40 years. An all new look for them is as rare a thing as you'll find in F1. I'm really looking forward to it.

I know it's not F1 related, but has anyone here got any experience with going to Le Mans? I was originally going to go for the Flexotel option but to be honest after seeing things like this http://www.lemob.org.uk/15.html it seems like a bit of a rip off for what you get.

Accommodation / packages aside, does anyone have any suggestions for which grandstands are worth a look?

pants

Yeah just read that too. So anyone have a list of unveil dates? Everything's gotta happen in the next 3 weeks surely.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Yeah just read that too. So anyone have a list of unveil dates? Everything's gotta happen in the next 3 weeks surely.

Vast majority of teams will simply unveil their car in the Jerez, or they will upload pictures of car 2-3 days prior first test.

Lach

Yeah didn't we have a full list of release dates at this time last year?

[edit] looking back at last year all the reveals (minus williams) were in the week leading up to the first test.

Vast majority of teams will simply unveil their car in the Jerez, or they will upload pictures of car 2-3 days prior first test.

With all the changes I imagine most the teams are keeping their cards close to their chests. Probably won't see the real trick stuff until the final test, if not Australia.

Jibbed

From what I've been reading on a few forums lately, both the new Ferrari and McLaren feature a lot more black as part of their liveries - McLaren in particular.

Sounds good!

Edit: McLaren's website has been updated to a new, monochrome look sans-Vodafone. Good indication of team colours.

Edit 2: Kimi in Ferrari's new colours.

Kimi-Raikkonen-first-appearance-with-2014-Ferrari-red.jpg

dubc35

That's not a good sign. If Loldonado wasn't bringing in the monies I'd be worried for them to miss the season (assuming he is bringing in the monies).

Top Bottom