• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

So anyone with a bit more historical knowledge know if any of those numbers tie up with what famous drivers had in the past?

Edit - Fair play to Maldonado for going with 13. I hate that some sports completely remove that number.

I know Kobi is bringing some money now, but is Ericsson a complete money bags? Makes you wonder where they're getting their money from.

Once again Ericssons mentor/manager Eje Elgh says that he has no idea where these rumours are coming from and that he heard nothing from Caterham and that there are no big sponsors.

Rumours on some Swedish forums (that I have no idea where they originated from) are saying that Tetra Pak is the big sponsor behind him.

Zeknurn

So, Max Chilton confirmed at Marussia ?
I'm confused if the ** is for the Team name or the pilots...

He's confirmed for now but they might drop him before the season.

Once again Ericssons mentor/manager Eje Elgh says that he has no idea where these rumours are coming from and that he heard nothing from Caterham and that there are no big sponsors.

Rumours on some Swedish forums (that I have no idea where they originated from) are saying that Tetra Pak is the big sponsor behind him.

That rumour is very implausible as Tetra Pak is no longer a Swedish company and the family isn't in the business of sponsoring racing drivers or teams.

Shaneus

Ahhh... there ya go:
5JH1982.png

Shaneus

I have no idea where Dale Earnhardt sits in the field of good/shit/wanker NASCAR drivers. He's good then? What would his F1 equivalent be?

Shaneus

I had not been following any news during the season for months. Perez really stunk up the season to be dropped by McL already damn haha.
Reckon you'll pay more attention with Super KK (most likely) back?

Edit: Maldonado has gone for #13? Unlucky for everyone else on the grid.

AcridMeat

Banned
Oh I'm back on board definitely to see the new cars, support Kimi at Ferrari, KK and hopefully we'll see another team with a chance.

I'm glad I bailed last season when I did because it was right at the start of Vettel winning like 10 in a row or something.

Shaneus

Earnhardt is sort of like an American Peter Brock. Not quite the same, but similar.
Okay, that's an even better comparison. Respect to Danny Ricky for name-dropping him, don't think many others would have.

So far all the reasons for people choosing their numbers have been pretty lame. Less so Danny Ricky, and lesser than that, Kimi.

Still like the idea of them choosing their own numbers though. No idea why, but I just like the fact we'll see numbers from 1-99 on the track.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Rumors emerged that Ferrari is once again cross checking their windtunnel data with Sauber windtunnel. Looks like they managed to botch up something once again.

TCRS

Banned
This chose your own number thing has already been implemented? I thought it was only a suggestion and they're thinking about it. Fucking stupid...

This chose your own number thing has already been implemented? I thought it was only a suggestion and they're thinking about it. Fucking stupid...
Why is it stupid? Surely permanent numbers are better to know who is who, not that it was difficult previously but I like it in bike racing how each rider has their own number. Valentino Rossi's yellow number 46 is iconic and when you see it you know it's him.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

I think you're mixing up choosing car number and double points for the last race.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes, Mclaren, Ferrari, Catherham, Marussia, Sauber, STR and Williams confirm participation on Jerez test.

So waiting for RBR, Force India to make up their minds.

Shaneus

Mercedes, Mclaren, Ferrari, Catherham, Marussia, Sauber, STR and Williams confirm participation on Jerez test.

So waiting for RBR, Force India to make up their minds.
Still no word on Caterham drivers?

Edit: This looks like the latest from their Twitter:
omqj78e.png

So nothing then. Hopefully they'll open the new week with an announcement.

Still no word on Caterham drivers?

It might just be a coincidence but Tony Fernandes said on Wednesday that he was going to Sweden and on Friday Swedish Eurosport publish a story about Marcus Ericsson (and Koba) having a deal with Caterham.

I don't know how involved he is with the F1-team these days but maybe a meeting with possible sponsors before signing a deal?

People around Ericsson keep saying that they haven't even been in contact with Caterham so I don't really know what to believe.

Shaneus

I have a feeling Fernandes has quite a bit to do with the F1 team. Or at least likes to think he does.

I can't believe I'm looking forward to hearing what Caterham are doing. Haven't done that for two years.

Hasney

I have a feeling Fernandes has quite a bit to do with the F1 team. Or at least likes to think he does.

I can't believe I'm looking forward to hearing what Caterham are doing. Haven't done that for two years.

I really hope that them or Marussia can actually compete for points this season with all the changes, otherwise I really have no hope for them.

Top Bottom