• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

Goldrusher

They posted this picture with the link to the vote on Twitter.

E2mA331.jpg

The nose looks fairly low.

100127_eng.jpg

cmr-94

Vettel is now a father. It's amazing how we hear so little of his private life and he's a current 4 time world champion

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperf1 1m
Sebastian Vettel and partner Hanna have become the parents of a baby girl. It takes a true champ to time it for the winter break!

Also,

Boss™AntonioBoselli ‏@antonioboselli 1m
“@RobChinchero: According with information i heard today, Kamui Kobayashi should be the first Caterham driver for 2014 F1 season.”

Yeah, I hope that is the actual car. It is pitching tents in all the right places.

Wouldn't be the first time that they've had a different car under a sheet for photos. Plus of course there's the whole vanity panel thing.

Though with that said, their wind tunnel has been playing up recently so maybe they've not worked out that the finger nose is faster!

Edit - Big respect for Vettel keeping that secret.

Shaneus

Vettel is now a father. It's amazing how we hear so little of his private life and he's a current 4 time world champion
That's so true. Same goes with Webber, although he's 0 time world champion :( But given how much he's been in the spotlight, still surprising.

Grain of salt until we hear it from Caterham themselves. But goodness, I hope so! Means I'll be able to wear my Caterham cap in public again (maybe even my Kova/Petrov signed one!).

Staab

From what they said, it's "internal debt" as in self-funded debt.
Which means they're not too hampered by drastic refund schemes so they might have another year in them...
External debt was covered by PDVSA funding.
They (just) need to find a major sponsor soonishly to keep up with their expenses.

I would hate to see them go !

Lach

Grain of salt until we hear it from Caterham themselves. But goodness, I hope so! Means I'll be able to wear my Caterham cap in public again (maybe even my Kova/Petrov signed one!).

I would definately get myself a Koba Caterham Cap if it happens!

Zeknurn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25756973

Ecclestone to face bribery charges

Breaking news

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone will be tried on bribery charges, a German court has ruled.

A panel of judges in Munich had been deliberating whether he should face trial over allegations he made a corrupt payment.

Mr Ecclestone is already facing a £90m civil claim in London's High Court.

That case was brought by a German media company, Constantin Medien, who claim they lost out financially when the sport was sold in 2006.

Kubica flying in the Monaco rally, more than 40s faster than the field over the first two stages but back to 4th after others correctly chose snow tires for stage 3. The head of M-sport is apparently completey shocked at Bob's pace!

Zeknurn

http://f1enigma.tumblr.com/post/73503014401/pirelli-supplying-formula-one-for-the-next-three-years

Following a decision by the World Motor Sport Council confirming Pirelli’s status as the single supplier of tyres to the FIA Formula One World Championship, Pirelli and the FIA have renewed their Formula One tyre supply contract. The duration of the agreement is for three years, starting from the 2014 season.

The world motorsport’s governing body and Pirelli, in collaboration with the teams, have been working together to improve levels of safety and performance in Formula One, resulting in important changes to the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations regarding the testing of tyres, which will enable the Italian company to continue its Formula One single supply arrangements, in the best interests of the sport.

These new rules, mandatory from the 2014 season onwards, can be summarised as follows:
1) One of the 12 days of official pre-season testing, as prescribed in the2014 Sporting Regulations, will be dedicated exclusively to wet tyre
testing.
2) Each team will dedicate one of their eight days of in-season testing, as prescribed in the 2014 Sporting Regulations, exclusively to tyre testing.

This means that during each of the eight days of in-season testing, at least one team – and up to a maximum of two – will be concentrating on tyre testing along with Pirelli’s engineers.
Pirelli will continue to determine the specification of the tyres and to manage all aspects of their development, in close consultation with the FIA and the teams, and within the parameters set out in the FIA Formula One Sporting & Technical Regulations.
In addition, Pirelli and the FIA have agreed to discuss how to go about establishing a possible partnership on the FIA Action for Road Safety campaign.

So basically teams have to forfeit 1 day of testing?

Ferrari is so ducked since their 'windtunnel' isn't functioning properly once again. You would think that after the same shit for 5 years you would think they would do something about it.

They should just build a secret car and drive it around Maranello. Just say you're working on a LMP1 car.

Ryne

I would like to see a bit harder tyres, which I would hope would help lessen drivers taking it easy.

I don't blame Pirelli as they were mandated on the specs of the tyres, but I do want to see a bit of a change.

NHale

I would like to see a bit harder tyres, which I would hope would help lessen drivers taking it easy.

I don't blame Pirelli as they were mandated on the specs of the tyres, but I do want to see a bit of a change.

But then we would have Abu Dhabi 2010 where a tyre can last for an entire race and we don't watch an overtake on track.

I certainly don't want those times to return. The only way to have a harder tyre compounds and still have exciting races is if they allow refuelling again. I want those 10 laps with soft tyres and low fuel back. Pure qualifying pace lap after lap.

Ron Dennis spoke to the team on Thursday afternoon and said that the name of the team principal would be announced next month. My spies tell me that he told the staff that “there will be change” and that “McLaren will win again”.

Brawn in, Whitmarsh out then?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Ron Dennis Honda dream team returns..
Back to red and white car and the revival will be complete.

Top Bottom