• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

The guys at Kunos laser scanned the old circuit for Assetto Corsa. I can't tell you how cool I think it is that in the not too distant future we'll have a near perfect digital representation of the real thing.
9401509882_5e713415ed_o.jpg

EDIT: Oh jeez, I feel so sorry for Jenson. He seemed like a real character.

dubc35

So, MAR and WIL confirmed for Jerez. Is that everyong besides LOT? Didn't Boullier (sp?) say there would be other teams that wouldn't make it?

Staab

Aww :(
He seemed like a genuinely great guy, always very friendly and extremely supportive of his son... he will be missed.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Damn, RIP John Button.

So, MAR and WIL confirmed for Jerez. Is that everyong besides LOT? Didn't Boullier (sp?) say there would be other teams that wouldn't make it?
Force India and Red Bull are still in the wild

Shaneus

Aww :(
He seemed like a genuinely great guy, always very friendly and extremely supportive of his son... he will be missed.
Ah man, that's exactly my take on it. I almost always only ever footage of him when he was supporting Jenson, which felt like every race. Didn't seem like he was incredibly aged either.

Fake edit:
The former rallycross driver was the guiding light in Jenson's career and watched all except one of his son's 247 Grand Prix races.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/jenson-buttons-father-dies-suspected-3018686#ixzz2qJq08yAX
There you go. That's dedication for you. Not going to make it any easier for Jenson though, that must hurt incredibly for him :( I have a feeling he would've been like a father figure for a number of other drivers as well.

Timbuktu

RIP Always really liked seeing Button Snr and Jessica on TV in JB's entourage, they always seemed genuinely happy and excited.

Jense :(

o-JOHN-BUTTON-JENSON-570.jpg

The BBC have got rid of Gary Anderson? What a total shithouse.

No doubt they've lined up that bore Allan McNish to be apart of the 2014 F1 coverage full time.

rossonero

RIP John Button, seemed like a good guy.

Eje Elgh, Marcus Ericsson's advisor, last week said that he "couldn't dream that he (Marcus) will drive F1 in 2014" but now after Tony Fernandes' visit to Sweden Eje says:

"-This time I answer no comments."

I've been following F1 on and off for many years now, but I haven't followed Ericsson's career at all. He any good?

dubc35

BBC probably trying to bring in "someone new, fresh, can relate to younger audiences" I can see a boardroom full of people saying that and patting themselves on the back.

Talking about Gary, his F1 season review podcast on motorsport magazine was great. He has some interesting ways to compare drivers from different eras. He also has some good points, I think, about how easy it would be to update the regulations to allow for taller drivers and not have the "Hulk is too big we don't want to sign him" kind of thing going on.

His driver rankings.

andshrew

terrible news. he seemed like a very nice man

Re: BBC firing Anderson. is something preventing BBC from getting James Allen back on live tv? Like does he prefer radio or something?

I think he's well suited to radio and in my opinion is a much better commentator now than he was during his first run on TV. Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever forget some of his infamous moments like JENSON BUTTON WIIIINS!!

The Crofty/Brundle dream team is what BBC should have done had they not sold out to Sky. If they have gotten rid of Gary then that's another terrible decision.

Alonso, who was runner-up to Vettel in 2013, has chosen 14 because he used it during his teenage years in karting and he considers it lucky.
The famously unemotional Raikkonen said he picked seven because "it's the number I already had last year and I saw no reason to change it".
Button asked for 22 because it was the number on his Brawn car when he won his sole world title in 2009.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/25694748

Zeknurn

Waiting for people to get their Tax returns to see who has enough money to buy a seat?

There will be an auction at Jerez right before the session starts. Bring cash if you want a shot.

I think it's time to update my avatar for the new season. Have there been any good EJ pictures lately?

Top Bottom