• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

LeBoef

Coming soon to a Silverstone near you:

you re wrong :D

Juan-Pablo-Montoya-241192-1-402.jpg

Shaneus

F14T reminds me of FIAT. It's that intentional?
I bet that's why the votes are up on it. I hope they go with that one.

I would think a classy thing'd be to somehow name one after Schumacher. MS F14 or F14 MS have a certain ring to them.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kind of excited for Ferarri's Florida Winter Series: http://floridawinterseries.com/

Starting the 25th, with a test on the 22nd:
Collective test: 22 January, Homestead Speedway
Round 1: 25 - 27 January 2014 Sebring Raceway
Round 2: 3 – 5 February 2014 Palm Beach International Raceway
Round 3: 12 – 14 February 2014 Homestead Speedway RC
Round 4: 17 – 19 February 2014 Homestead Speedway RC Mod

Program per track takes place over 3 days:
Day 1
-4 hours total track time → 4 session of 1 hour with 30min pause in between sessions.
-Start time : 9am, Finish Time 4pm, Lunch 1.30-2.30pm
-Estimated mileage → 450km

Day 2
-Qualify 1+2 : 20min from 9am-9.20am for grid race 1(Fastest lap) and race 2(2nd fastest lap)
-Qualify 2 : 20min from 10.30am-10.50am for grid race 3
-Race 1 : 3pm-3.30pm
-Estimated mileage → 180km

Day 3
-Race 2 : 10am-10.30am
-Race 3 : 4pm-4.30pm
-Estimated mileage → 180km
-Total Mileage : 810km → 3240km per series

Tire allocation
4 sets of tires available per car per race event
First day: 2 sets-new + 1 set-used +1 set of rain if wet
Second and Third day : 2 sets-new+1 set from Friday+1 set of rain if wet
Dry tire sets per series: 16+1 per car (255 total)
Wet tire sets per series: 4 per car (60 total)

They're racing in a Tatuus FA10B, which is 525kg with a 1.4 turbo 190bhp engine.

And racing are alot of rookies and young drivers, including Bianchi and De Silvestro, full list:

Jules Bianchi* (Formula 1)
Alex Bosak (Formula Renault 2.0 Alps)
Tatiana Calderón (European Formula 3-championship)
Antonio Fuoco* (Formula Renault 2.0 Alps)
Ed Jones (European F3 Open)
Takashi Kasai (Karting KF1)
Dennis van de Laar (European Formula 3-championship)
Nicholas Latifi European (Formula 3-championship)
Raffaele Marciello* (European Formula 3-championship)
Leonardo Pulcini (Karting KF3)
Vasily Romanov (Karting KF1)
Luís Sá Silva (GP3 Series)
Simona De Silvestro (IndyCar Series)
Lance Stroll* (Karting KF1)
Max Verstappen (Karting KZ1)
* Driver is in Ferrari Driver Academy.

Out of that list, I personally am most interested to see what Max Verstappen can do. As the name tells and most of you probably know, he's the son of Jos Verstappen and he's been insanely strong in everything he's done so far. He's moving from karting into Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup this year, will be very interesting to see how he does in his first races in a Formula car.

Kubica for WRC champion.

J5DTp3b.png

And racing are alot of rookies and young drivers, including Bianchi and De Silvestro, full list:

Out of that list, I personally am most interested to see what Max Verstappen can do. As the name tells and most of you probably know, he's the son of Jos Verstappen and he's been insanely strong in everything he's done so far. He's moving from karting into Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup this year, will be very interesting to see how he does in his first races in a Formula car.

Thank you for this post. I'm excited and hopeful that we'll get some good, fresh faces in Formula 1. We really need some new talent to stir up the pot a bit.

So that's Whitmarsh gone. Hopefully Button follows and they buy his contract out for the 2015 season. Both of them are useless turds.

McLaren are in awful shape right now but with some decent leadership they can rise to the top. Thankfully Ron orchestrated this coup before Whitmarsh took them down the Williams route.

So that's Whitmarsh gone. Hopefully Button follows and they buy his contract out for the 2015 season. Both of them are useless turds.

Lol, are you one of those butt hurt Hamilton fan babies that blame Whitmarsh and Button for him leaving the team?

Daily Mail says Whitmarsh wasn't present during Ronbo's 20 min speech.

McLaren will launch their 2014 team gear on the 20th, so no title sponsor to replace Vodafone?

RayStorm

I was set on F166 Turbo, because how could you not like something with "Turbo" in it? But then you had to bring my attention to the FIAT which is obviously superior!

Nicktendo86

McLaren are in awful shape right now but with some decent leadership they can rise to the top. Thankfully Ron orchestrated this coup before Whitmarsh took them down the Williams route.
Amen. I bet the rumours of them failing the crash test was true and that was the final straw, otherwise Ron would have staged his coup weeksnago.

I for one am glad the dark lord is back, I've fucking missed ronspeak and I have fucking missed winning.

ramparter

Banned
I'll agree for both except Button. Seriously why all the hate? I really like him.

edit
My car is a F14T Punto, Hope this name wins!!

Dead Man

When I see F14T all I can think of is this:

800px-F-14A_Tomcat_over_Iraq_during_Southern_Watch.jpg

And that makes me sad. F616 for me.

And this is why that clown Whitmarsh is on the chopping block. Development on the 28 was reportedly halted to concentrate on the 29 but, under his stewardship, they can't even get the car to pass the crash tests? At a time when milage will be sooooo important with the new engines!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112181

To be fair, they had similar problem when Ron was running the team too. The MP4-18 never raced and they went the whole season with an updated version of the previous years car. It was designed by Newey I think too, good to see he is not infallible :)

Kind of excited for Ferarri's Florida Winter Series:

I kind of wonder what's in this for Bianchi, unless he wins easily it will only question his place in F1. Though I suppose it's part of his contract as a Ferrari junior driver but I wouldn't be surprised if he mysteriously pulls out at the last minute.

Goldrusher

Less than a week until we get to see the new cars...

jan 24: McLaren
jan 25: Ferrari
jan 26: Sauber
jan 27: Toro Rosso
jan 28: Red Bull, Caterham, Mercedes --> first day of testing at Jerez

TBA: Lotus, Marussia, Force India

DBT85

Very excited to hear about the first day of testing on the 28th, will one team suffer more, will one engine suffer more.

Also, Sky Sports F1 is doing two short shows every ngiht of testing

Then each evening of the test it's over to the Sky Sports F1 channel at 9pm for two shows that will ensure you are right up to speed with all the latest developments from the test.

Up first at 9pm will be a 15-minute round-up show featuring a compilation of all the best SSN interviews from the respective day in case you missed any, or all, of them or simply want to watch them again.

And after it proved such unmissable and compelling viewing last year, Ted Kravitz's Testing Notebook returns for nightly editions at 9.15pm straight after the round-up show.

In his inimitable style, Sky F1's intrepid pitlane reporter will run the rule over the new cars and innovations that catch his expert eye, the early glimpses at the formbook and of course all the ever-intriguing pre-season news and whispers from the paddock.

So apparently the door for Lewis Hamilton at McLaren has been reopened. His contract with Mercedes runs to the end of 2015.

Ross Brawn is the leading candidate for team principal. Sam Michael is supposedly out. Ron wants a clear out of anyone brought in by Whitmarsh.

Nicktendo86

So apparently the door for Lewis Hamilton at McLaren has been reopened. His contract with Mercedes runs to the end of 2015.

Ross Brawn is the leading candidate for team principal. Sam Michael is supposedly out. Ron wants a clear out of anyone brought in by Whitmarsh.
I just can't see Brawn working under Ron, especially after the debacle at Merc with people being brought in over his head. Although saying that, he was very successful at Ferrari, perhaps they can make a similar setup at McLaren? I would love to see it happen anyway, and I'm sure that would help entice Hamilton back. He said when joining Merc it was a dream to work with Brawn.... I think the is will another painful year for McLaren anyway. Everything is gearing up for 2015, but I think this year will be another write off.

DBT85

I think if the Merc engine is a shitter then he might contemplate it. If it's decent though I can;t see him going back.

I just can't see Brawn working under Ron, especially after the debacle at Merc with people being brought in over his head. Although saying that, he was very successful at Ferrari, perhaps they can make a similar setup at McLaren? I would love to see it happen anyway, and I'm sure that would help entice Hamilton back. He said when joining Merc it was a dream to work with Brawn.... I think the is will another painful year for McLaren anyway. Everything is gearing up for 2015, but I think this year will be another write off.

What a strange situation to be in.

One year of pain with the new Merc engine, then going through it all over again with Honda.

Shaneus

Right when I'm getting excited as hell for the new season with the return of KK and Kimi to Ferrari, Bernie does his best to make me say fuck this sport.
Has KK been confirmed yet?

BTW with that whole double points thing, Webber's just gotta be smiling like a pig in shit that he's left. WEC looking more and more like a viable alternative to F1 this year (as a spectator thing). Just need to find another series to watch alongside it to fill the gaps between races and I'll be set.

Top Bottom