• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

I almost thought we would never get a Swedish driver again a few years ago when there were almost no drivers in any kind of formula-racing. It's been 23 years since Stefan Johansson.

This was one of the races that got me hooked on F1 as a kid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhYfZ1COWBc (the Tifosi still remember him for that one)

and two weeks later he would get immortalized in one of my all-time favorite racing photos:

joha_ferr_monte_1985_schleg.jpg

If you ever see a book from him, buy it. They are quite pricey, but his F1 and sportscar photography is unmatched.

Yeah, I have his Monaco book, and it's epic. You need a forklift to pick it up! I've had it for many years and really enjoy it. I should definitely pick up another.

Yeah, I have his Monaco book, and it's epic. You need a forklift to pick it up! I've had it for many years and really enjoy it. I should definitely pick up another.

Nice! I have 4, a Ferrari only one that is probably about the same size as yours, a really small Ferrari one that is the size of an old 3.5 inch disk and at least 2 inches thick and the two Formula 1 in camera ones from the 70's and 80's. I think I saw your one in a second hand bookstore a few years back, the owner wanted $110 for it!

Mastah

“Our nose is a launch spec and later we will have an updated front end of the car, which potentially is quite different.

“We had to take quite a pragmatic view of it and say we’ve got to go testing so we’ve got to get a car out of the door. As much as we want to push the boundaries of the impact structure, because we know how important they are for the whole car, we don’t have the resources to push it to the limit in our first iteration, so we need a banker. The nose that is on the launch car is a banker.

“We’ve got ourselves a car that we can go testing and racing with. Several weeks ago we started pushing the design boundaries because we think there’s performance in it. There are new concepts coming through.”

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/01/22/new-nose-stand-feature-force-india-vjm07/

Dead Man

Surprise.
Penis hidden.
Indeed.
They will overheat like crazy with all that black :D

joke
Heh
Sexy! Nose might look worse from another angle though...

I love it.
Really? You guys like it? Black white orange green with a bit of bright blue is too much to me.

Mastah

Also:

“That lower wing helped connect the diffuser to the top wing and gave those two areas a lot of support. Without it, it’s become very difficult to extract performance and it’s going to be quite a tricky area to keep stable. So there was quite a dramatic loss in headline downforce numbers, while there was also a drop in drag, which has fallen quite dramatically as well.”

Juicy Bob

I like it.

I know that artistically or whatever the black isn't supposed to work with the Indian colours on the car, but I always think black looks good on a racing car. Like with last year's Ferrari.

Gives it the sense of being like a whole new generation of machine too, which is what these new cars should have.

I like the livery, it doesn't look good per se, but kind of aggressive.

It's also been said that the nose will look very different and that they had problems keeping the engine cool.

Mastah

Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1

Heres what the side view of the #vjm07 looks like. finger nose tip and wedge shape upper. FW mounts to the finger

BelEVxnIgAAAonS.jpg:large

Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1

A quick sharpie sketch of the #VJM07 nose

BelEyznIEAA-iun.jpg:large

Well, maybe new nose will be an improvement...

Also, comparison of 2013 and 2014 Force India:

BelGLNqCEAAPQJA.jpg:large

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I like the colors, and from the side it looks better than last year's model. However, it's clear that they want/need to hide the nose in that shot...

Top Bottom