• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

rossonero

I like the new livery and the form of the car. It looks more slick. But I'm afraid that if they keep on going like this, the cars will look too much as Indy cars.

Lotus Chief Race Engineer Pilbeam has joined McLaren

McLaren have confirmed no new title sponsor for this year.

Dem Earth Dreams will be returning in 2015, so it make sense not to sign a long term title sponsor if Honda is pumping in millions to plaster this garbage all over the car.

55.jpg

2013-Honda-Accord-Earth-Dreams-IVTEC-Valve-Cover-1024x640.jpg

Leunam

I thought Force India perfected their livery last year. I still like it, but this is a bit of a step back. I'll have to see it in action.

AndyD

aka andydumi
At least the metaphor of "getting fucked by Grosjean in the first corner" becomes new depth.

Lol.

If those sketches are anything to go by, this year's cars will be hideous. But interesting to hear about the reductions in downforce, as it should shake the place up a bit.

Lol.

If those sketches are anything to go by, this year's cars will be hideous. But interesting to hear about the reductions in downforce, as it should shake the place up a bit.

let the era of Newey domination come to an end.
also,I hope to christ my man Lewis approaches this season with a renewed focus and determination.

dubc35

So, any news on Schumi?

Pushrod vs Pullrod suspension discussion with ex Ferrari and Williams designer Enrique Scalabroni. Interesting technical discussion IMO. 2013 and 2014 regs

Mobius 1

So, any news on Schumi?

Pushrod vs Pullrod suspension discussion with ex Ferrari and Williams designer Enrique Scalabroni. Interesting technical discussion IMO. 2013 and 2014 regs

No news on Schumacher, and at this point having no news is a bad sign. He ought to have been brought back to consciousness by now. :(

Also, yes, Hamilton's social presence makes him look like a proper cock.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Yeah that picture certainly is something.

Will be interesting to see if the 'penis' nose design will look more severe in other cars compared to the Williams implementation.

Next is McLaren tomorrow.

C'mon teams, I want to see at least one car without this monstrosity nose. Please :(

The thing is, it's certainly possible.

Auto Motor Sport showed Whiting some of the fan designs that were posted in this thread and he said they were all legal.

BLDJ4yB.jpg

va3ZFmu.jpg

HuidDlu.jpg

And this is how the guys who came up with the regulations intended the cars to look like.

jHOByfQ.jpg

It's actually a really good looking design, but they weren't specific enough. Damn the loopholes.

acm2000

fan designs wont necessarily work for aero etc, whether they meet regs or not, performance is what matters, now how it looks.

fan designs wont necessarily work for aero etc, whether they meet regs or not, performance is what matters, now how it looks.

Yup. What point is having a pretty car when you're at the back of the field? Suppose it'll look nice on TV when you're being lapped.

All they had to do was to specify a minimum width for the nose tip.

Anyway, in other news: Vitaly Petrov got to test a DTM Merc.

Vitaly Petrov ‏@vitalypetrovrus 1h

Today debuted on DTM tests in Portimao driving DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupe. Happy to be again in the cockpit of powerful car!

Hammer24

Banned
Couple things:
- three new teams applied for F1 licenses for 2015: Haas Racing (US based), StefanGP (Serbian), n.n. Colin Kolles team (self explaining)
- its unclear at this point if FIA will even consider the applications
- if so, best chances go to Haas, they´d bring a self designed Dallara built car, with Ferrari engines and gearbox, got lots of money and (NASCAR-)experience, would bring Red Bull´s Guenther Steiner as team manager
- the other two are only bidding as they are interested when F1 is fully capped

acm2000

All they had to do was to specify a minimum width for the nose tip.

Anyway, in other news: Vitaly Petrov got to test a DTM Merc.

Vitaly Petrov ‏@vitalypetrovrus 1h

Today debuted on DTM tests in Portimao driving DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupe. Happy to be again in the cockpit of powerful car!

is that a dig at caterham? :p

Top Bottom