• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Not a fan of how it looks, but after last years Macca nose proving to be a disadvantage for performance I'll live with it if it brings them back to the podium.

Not really expecting that until the Honda makes a return though.

How narrow the rear wing is though is more of a shocker, rear end grip is certainly going to be interesting this year, bring on the tests!

The barge boards solution looks interesting too.

Jezbollah

I would have never thought that the Williams image posted above would be the nicer of the cars unveiled today.

Fuck the F1 governing body. Idiots.

Hanmik

oh my...

this is the first thing I thought of..

kNZJilX.jpg

Zeknurn

McLaren has the best livery in a long time. Losing Vodafone was a great move.

The Lotus one just looks batshit crazy and not necessarily ugly. It reminds me of the weird stuff they did in the 80s.

Yen

"@wtf1couk: So McLaren could do anything they wanted with their livery. Anything. And they made it grey. The entire car. Fucking grey."

Nicktendo86

I for one am sooooo happy to see a dick nose on the McLaren. The talk of the whole paddock is how the fugly dick nose was the best way to go, I was sure they would try some wild alternative that woul dlook great and be shit. I mean this car will probably still be a bit shit, not expecting anything special until 2015, but at least it looks like they are following the others.

Lotus though, that nose screams blown floor to me.

"Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1 6m

Not sure how Lotus make the twin tusk arrangement meet the reg "a single external cross section of more than 9000mm²"
"

It would be funny if the nose on the Lotus wasn't legal.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
It's going to see objections filed if it offers any advantage, that's for sure, hell it may see them filed anyway just to fuck with them while they are down.

Nicktendo86

What a petty thing for Lotus to do as well, releasing their image at the same time as McLaren. The need to stop all that hashtag shit on twitter as well, what a joke of a team.

This is going to be a hideous year. I really want more angles of the Lotus. I guess I prefer tusks over horn, but there could be something we aren't seeing in that photo that makes it even worse. I fear what the Ferrari is going to look like. Their member will be throbbing red.

What a petty thing for Lotus to do as well, releasing their image at the same time as McLaren. The need to stop all that hashtag shit on twitter as well, what a joke of a team.

Hahah, seriously? Yeah, fuck a team for understanding how to use social media. Their twitter was great last season. And what do you mean by petty? Like stealing another team's documents petty?

Osiris

Because you can't get rid of them due to their level of awesome.

They'll be the last ones there when they switch out the lights.

I'd guess they are already sitting in the dark, frantically searching for a sponsor to pay for new lightbulbs :p

Zeknurn

What happens if the penis or tusks breaks off but the rest of the nose stays intact and working. Would they get flagged for the nose no longer being legal? I could see it happening a lot this season.

Nicktendo86

Umm some are speculating that one of the two 'tusks' on the Lotus is actually slightly longer than the other in order to say that is the actual nosecone complying to regs and the other is just a FW support. Interesting....

Osiris

Umm some are speculating that one of the two 'tusks' on the Lotus is actually slightly longer than the other in order to say that is the actual nosecone complying to regs and the other is just a FW support. Interesting....

It is, you can see this in the image, whether this is enough to be within the rules remains to be seen and ruled on.

Personally I just think they ran out of money for the end of the other tusk ;) :p

Nicktendo86

It is, you can see this in the image, whether this is enough to be within the rules remains to be seen and ruled on.

Personally I just think they ran out of money for the end of the other tusk ;) :p

Haha, I can't see it getting past the other teams without a protest. I thought the nosecone had to be centred, we shall see.

Hammer24

Banned

Guys, guys - its just a target render...

Nicktendo86

Just noticed, a hour and half after McLaren and Lotus gave the first glimpse of their new cars, the BBC have still not updated their F1 website.

Nicktendo86

I like it, a lot.

It's growing on me. The small nose reminds me of the previous formula Mclarens, the one that Lewis won the WC in. McLaren were always the masters of the now nose concept as well so I expect them to do better this year. Man the first test can't come soon enough!

kharma45

It's growing on me. The small nose reminds me of the previous formula Mclarens, the one that Lewis won the WC in. McLaren were always the masters of the now nose concept as well so I expect them to do better this year. Man the first test can't come soon enough!

Really like the colour too. I like that it's more subdued now rather than the bling bling chrome before.

It's the first McLaren I've liked in ages.

jey_16

Banned
The mclaren looks decent apart from that horrible nose but that car is seriously devoid of sponsors, what happened to Lucozade? Better hope Honda is kicking in a lot of dollars to cover the shortfall

Also, so sick of the chrome....would love to see them try something different

Hammer24

Banned

Well, right now they are still driving the Merc, so they can very well continue with the silver/chrome arrow theme. Isn´t it part of their lore to have an engine partner themed livery?

Nicktendo86

The mclaren looks decent apart from that horrible nose but that car is seriously devoid of sponsors, what happened to Lucozade? Better hope Honda is kicking in a lot of dollars to cover the shortfall

Lucozade isn't owned by gsk anymore and McLaren say they have more money this season than last, whether to believe that is another matter...

As for the rear of the 29, the two heat exhausts exiting onto the rear wing looks interesting. There will be a lot of heat coming from that engine, the duel exits looks interesting. O keep saying interesting a lot, need a new word!

dubc35

It's so fucking ugly. Seriously. Gah.

e: The McLaren!

e2: Who's the guy on the right?
http://i.imgur.com/Szhek5f.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

It looks like [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoffel_Vandoorne"]Stoffel Vandoorne[/URL], test driver for this year.

edit, whoops, I thought I was on the last page when I replied. D'oh!

Top Bottom