• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

1555429_591854330895899_621515973_n.jpg

tyROdzN.gif

tHoMNZ

The greenie fucks have guilted F1 into turning into pussies. God damn that merc sounded awful. No more state of the art development. Just more 'save the planet' bullshit that actually does nothing at all.

Mastah

Will Buxton ‏@willbuxton

According to someone who saw it yesterday, the Ferrari F14-T is quite different to the cars we’ve already seen launched. Can't wait!

No penose, please.

DBT85

1390604224863g0ppl.jpg

wowzers. I'm always astonished at how uninspired paintjobs are these days.

All I can see in this image is the circle of tiles amid the square tiles and it not being centred in a square tile section is pissing me off. How did Dennis allow that to even happen?

Cosworth has revealed its 2014 Formula 1 power unit although it will not be used this season.

upCosworth1.jpg

upcosworth2.jpg

The English company started work on a 2014 engine as long ago as 2010, when the regulations stipulated an I4 layout at the behest of Volkswagen. But when the German company decided against a Formula 1 entry in June 2011 the rules were switched to a V6 layout. Cosworth decided around this time that without a backer for the V6 that it could not offer it as a customer engine.

development on both the I4 and V6 has continued as the former is being worked on for an undisclosed high performance road car project and the latter so that when it gains the required support it is ready to re-enter Formula 1.

https://www.highpowermedia.com/p/1161/race_engine_technology_-_issue_072

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Yeah it certainly is something.

So lotus have the tusk nose and Ferrari with the platypus/catfish.

When is the Red Bull's reveal?

Fruitster

Christ alive that is an ugly brute of a car. It looks like a scrab from the oddworld games. That's going to be hard to top in the ugly stakes.

DBT85

_44632882_platypus_getty_226226.jpg

Ferrari turning to nature since their wind tunnel is as reliable as a asthmatic 80 year old smoker blowing through a straw would be.

Zeknurn

I wonder when we will see the first overlap between teams in nose design. Newey will probably have figured out some other animal or object to copy. So maybe Mercedes?

Deadman

It's cool how they are all different, shame they are all ugly though.

Hopefully every camera will be moved to only show cars from the back this year.

Inb4 beautiful and fast RB.

Top Bottom