• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

Hasney

Christ, I haven't minded any of the cars so far even though I thought I was going to hate them, but that Ferrari is hideous.

ramparter

Banned
As much as I would love to make fan of Ferrari for this ugly mess, I feel sorry for all the teams this year. And I really hate FIA right now. I hope all this mess is just temporary.

Deadman

Im hoping the driver isnt going full throttle because its just the first test run, because if that is full throttle then its not loud enough.

Anth1888

Not sure if this has been posted yet (not ventured into the F1 forum but am a big fan) further speculation of the McLaren title sponsor. A report states that McLaren and Lotus are in negotiations with a major sponsor with Lotus coming in with a lower asking price.

"We only know that it is a Japanese technology company," said Schmidt.

Now, knowing the rumours that surround Sony it could be them and could be one of the reasons why McLaren still have not announced a main sponsor (or are waiting until Honda arrive). Cannot vouch for the journalist but food for thought.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/major-changes-leads-to-animosity-between-mclaren-lotus/

acm2000

Im hoping the driver isnt going full throttle because its just the first test run, because if that is full throttle then its not loud enough.

It is impossible to determine loudness from that clip, maybe you mean the pitch is to low? I actually like the angry throaty sound with background turbo whistle tbh, makes a nice change from high pitch whine we have been used to for ages now

Also not full throttle as you can hear by the down shifts, he wasn't in top gear more like 3rd or 4th

- Brawn left
- Allison to Ferrari
- Boullier to Macca?
- Whitmarsh kicked out
- Dennis back

Biggest non-driver movement in recent history?

I'm sure there are many more movements this year too that I'm missing

DrM

Redmond's Baby
For all those Blackberry users. I'm surprised that a dead company like Blackberry is still a sponsor.

Here is the pic

Also published on FB, now they are begging for 20k likes to unveil another pic
935551_10151849115132411_406379126_n.jpg

Zeknurn

I imagine that nose is what the people in charge of the regulations had in mind. Sauber has designed another good looking car.

dubc35

Looks like Ferrari and Lotus might be the odd cars out, which doesn't bode well for them. Nice how Sauber left out any angle to show suspension geometry.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like Ferrari and Lotus might be the odd cars out, which doesn't bode well for them. Nice how Sauber left out any angle to show suspension geometry.

Maybe Ferrari got some insanely good windtunnel results with this nose.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like Williams got new transport trucks from Mercedes. Probably included in costs for new engine :D

White livery for Marussia this year?

Weather was superb in Sevilla today, forecast is good for Tuesday, but possible rain on Wednesday and Thursday, so I'd expect teams to try and get as much running as possible in on Tuesday.

I like the sound of Renault turbocharged power. Rather more than the sound of their V8 engine,which only seemed to have aggressive sound on downshifts.

NHale

Maybe Ferrari got some insanely good windtunnel results with this nose.

That would be a pretty good sign that it's the wrong solution.

Can't wait for May and the start of the annual "We need to overhaul the windtunnel - 2014 edition".

Top Bottom