• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

_44632882_platypus_getty_226226.jpg

Ferrari turning to nature since their wind tunnel is as reliable as a asthmatic 80 year old smoker blowing through a straw would be.

More like Ferrari turning to Formula 1 fan designs, because they couldn't come up with anything useful.

1aXmYPV.jpg

All in all I have to say, I like it STILL more than the McLaren.

McLaren. Cos of the Mc bit

It still doesn't make any sense. How do you go from McLaren to "macca"? It doesn't even sound similar.

Zeknurn

It's cool how they are all different, shame they are all ugly though.

Hopefully every camera will be moved to only show cars from the back this year.

Inb4 beautiful and fast RB.

Yeah I have to say that the difference in design between teams is making these car reveals the most exciting in years.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Yeah I have to say that the difference in design between teams is making these car reveals the most exciting in years.
Same here. It will be fascinating to see which design the teams will converge towards over the season and into 2015.

Wow. That is one ugly Ferrari. I wonder how they arrived at that design. It doesn't look to have any particular aero advantage, in fact, it seems to block a lot more air from reaching the underside of the car than other designs.

Nicktendo86

Wow. That is one ugly Ferrari. I wonder how they arrived at that design. It doesn't look to have any particular aero advantage, in fact, it seems to block a lot more air from reaching the underside of the car than other designs.
Exactly what I was thinking. Looks kinda cool in a futuristic kind of way though?

I'll be curious to see if Ferrari will be the only ones who don't hang the nose out beyond the front wing. Almost makes you think LdM called downstairs and demanded there'd be no salsicce on his beloved cars.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
What is with that rumbling that Ferrari will use another kind of cooling this year, compared to other teams?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Oh there are some comparison images of new Ferrari with 2013 car, but I think that they are not in right scale.

Omiee

i miss the 2011 season cars :( the RB7 is the most beautiful car in years

been a lurker this off season but man these cars look hideos.

i really hope rbr have a beautiful car this year.

dubc35

All I can see in this image is the circle of tiles amid the square tiles and it not being centred in a square tile section is pissing me off. How did Dennis allow that to even happen?

Ha, funny you mention that. I was recently watching a documentary on the MP4-12C and they were talking to Ron as he was walking through the lobby there. He pointed out a tile that was a different color shade. He said it obviously had replaced a broken one and how much it made him mad that it didn't match the rest. I'm sure he's pissed about the circle ones and it not being centered.

I don't know, I almost like the FER the best so far. Although least ugly isn't something to celebrate.

Shaneus

Ferrari turning to nature since their wind tunnel is as reliable as a asthmatic 80 year old smoker blowing through a straw would be.
That's an amazing mental image... bravo.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. It looks like a hoover.

What the fuck has happened to this sport.
Webber left. Now he gets something not unlike this:
D3RgNlLl.jpg

While everyone else gets stuff like this:
cXCCsWR.jpg

eO0crM4.jpg

I imagine he's watching these unveilings looking something like this:
xWhBuMN.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Somebody claims that these two images are both in same scale

1003080_625060017561046_1171299056_n.jpg

Now tell me, am I crazy or what but I see differences with my eyes, without any Photoshop action? Just check fonts, tyre size...

dubc35

Do expect anyone to sandbag their release and bring a completely different wing to Jerez? I would say RBR but they're not unveiling until Jerez

Somebody claims that these two images are both in same scale

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1003080_625060017561046_1171299056_n.jpg[/IG]

Now tell me, am I crazy or what but I see differences with my eyes, without any Photoshop action? Just check fonts, tyre size...[/QUOTE]

The same image on F1F has a note at the bottom that says not to same scale.

[IMG]http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/ferrar-f138-2013-3-886x398.jpg

Not a good looking car from Maranello, but I have a feeling it will sound the best. Ferrari put out the car with the best engine note for most, if not all of the V8 era.

AcridMeat

Banned
Christ alive that is an ugly brute of a car. It looks like a scrab from the oddworld games. That's going to be hard to top in the ugly stakes.
HAHAHA I just looked it up and you're not wrong.

This year is still better than the step noses. They're still fuck ugly though. I wonder what Kimi was thinking when he first saw it.

Addnan

The 2013 Ferrari was beautiful. I don't care how ugly the Ferrari is this year, just need them to give Kimi a good fucking car. I fear they may have fucked up by not going the penis route. I guess we will know next week.

DBT85

The 2013 Ferrari was beautiful. I don't care how ugly the Ferrari is this year, just need them to give Kimi a good fucking car. I fear they may have fucked up by not going the penis route. I guess we will know next week.

I hope for Ferrari's sake they've managed to make a car that correlates to their wind tunnel and simulation.

Top Bottom