• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

Oh god, it looks like things are just getting uglier and uglier. Jesus, the Lotus or Sauber (er maybe not, just saw the top down angle) better not be the "best looking" cars this year. Can't wait to see the Redbull.

TylerD

There are no words...

BfACOUNCcAEgZhw.jpg:large

Yep! That's a penis.

dubc35

My comment about a dedicated wet GP seems to have translated to testing at least. I guess it makes sense for testing but not sure it's really necessary. I would think the teams would rather have another dry day.

Formula One racing’s official tyre supplier Pirelli has confirmed that the final day of this week’s pre-season test in Jerez will be devoted to wet weather tyre testing on an artificially-watered track.

The 2014 regulations state that one of the 12 pre-season test days must be dedicated to wet-weather tyre testing, and that will be this Friday, unless it rains during the previous three test days (in which case the first rainy day will become the dedicated wet-weather test day).
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/1/15421.html

Leunam

That's a great idea, I think. But just having a wet track doesn't seem like it would give enough data compared to racing during actual rainfall.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So far, Mclaren with biggest sidepods. There is somebody already theorizing about this and that Mercedes engine must be the hottest from all three

NHale

Spanish press seems depressed in the last couple of days. I guess De La Rosa is not giving them great information already.

Will this be the return of the Jerez 2012 debacle?

Looks like the Merc is fairly similar to the Ferrari, which is particularly interesting if they're the only two to have gone that route given Ferrari's long running wind tunnel woes.

It's going to be interesting to see where Red Bull have gone with their design. Similar to other solutions, or something else entirely?

Nicktendo86

Looks like the Merc is fairly similar to the Ferrari, which is particularly interesting if they're the only two to have gone that route given Ferrari's long running wind tunnel woes.

It's going to be interesting to see where Red Bull have gone with their design. Similar to other solutions, or something else entirely?
If I see red bull going the Merc/Ferrari route, as a McLaren fan, I will be distraught. Well, disappointed anyway lol

Shaneus

Oh man, I didn't think a car uglier than the Ferrari was possible.

I can imagine Webber laughing his head off over a Fosters right about now. F1, you have become the laughing stock again :/ :p
Haha yup, I speculated that earlier. He's loving the shit out of this.

Scarbs F1 is very impressed with the Toro Rosso
Huh, surprising. Any specifics, more than "I can't believe someone's being that blatant about the rule"?

Irulan

Neo Member
Hey guys. I mainly lurk in this thread, but I was wondering if there are any plans for a fantasy league yet? Didn't enjoy last seasons' GPPredictor much (played under the name Scuderia Quadrifoglio), so I'm hoping we're moving to something more elaborate.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Huh, surprising. Any specifics, more than "I can't believe someone's being that blatant about the rule"?
Check out his quick review of the car on Peter Windsor youtube channel.
This is also the first Toro Rosso designed by James Key (who designed the excellent 2012 Sauber).
He is being groomed by RBR as Newey's replacement.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
enkfAx2.jpg

Pushing the mounting of the camera to the absolute legal limit.
Camera mounts are meant to be neutral and not part of a wing but on first look the Mercedes appears to be more the latter.

AMuS:
Sebastian Vettel: "Our car looks better than everything I've seen so far."

Shaneus

Check out his quick review of the car on Peter Windsor youtube channel.
This is also the first Toro Rosso designed by James Key (who designed the excellent 2012 Sauber).
He is being groomed by RBR as Newey's replacement.
Oh, I didn't know Key designed it. I'll look up that video, definitely curious/excited to see what he says about it. Didn't Key do one of the Caterhams in the last few years?

Edit: He was at Sauber... must've been what I was thinking of.

I wonder what Ricciardo thinks of the new noses:
6le1caim.jpg

"What about them? They look like normal noses to me."

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Spanish press seems depressed in the last couple of days. I guess De La Rosa is not giving them great information already.

Will this be the return of the Jerez 2012 debacle?

They will jump with joy when Fernando completes some glory runs

Staab

Any TV channel following the testing live?
Maybe the BBC or sky?
Or are we stuck with autosport live commentary and such?
I would love to hear the new cars..

Fruitster

The Merc looks pretty good. Same approach as Ferrari yet the Mercedes looks more streamlined from that shot, the nose dip isn't as pronounced as with the F14. I only hope the Mercedes is fast so that people try and copy it's nose, Platypus nose is alot better than penis nose. The Red Bull looks good aside from that daft nonsense hanging off the front. That Force India, there are no words.

Top Bottom