• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

Addnan

The midfield teams went with dicks and the 3 front cars have something a little different and if we are still counting Lotus as top4 them too.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Haha, that Force India is HARDCORE.

At least the Red Bull penis is masked by the paint job.

Mercedes nose possibly best looking. Better than the Ferrari. Still has a bit of a concave curve to it though.

Curious about the Lotus nose...

Lach

Torro Rosso and Force India are the worst so far....

I see them going for 1st lap contact every race on prupose...

What time does the testing start? Is there any video coverage?

itsgreen

BfDRwQrCcAAqIET.jpg:large

Red Bull looks the best imo.

Omiee

disapinted in all of this years cars. they are fucking hideos.

Some of them would have looked amazing if the nose was a bit different.

Red bull should lose the black thingy. It would make it the least awfull looking of them all.

Mastah

What time does the testing start? Is there any video coverage?

It started few minutes ago.

And are you kidding, video coverage? We in 2014 still don't even have stupid live timing from testing. It's pathetic that sport calling itself "pinnacle" doesn't even offer that.

Omiee

the force india car should be banned.

do we have live timing?

last year we had an amazing site that showed live timing.

Dilly

Banned
Think it was Scarbs who said the finger was the best solution aerodynamically, so no surprise Ferrari has something completely different.

Hackbert

mh cannot unsee the redeared face on the RBR nose. looks like one of the duck pictures with the dogface - noses on it to me.

the merc looks cool. Just do not really like the petronas colour

So Newey confirms that dick-nose is the way to go?

and LMFAO @ FI!! HAHAHAHAHA

It's very interesting. Mecr and Ferrari going on a different direction. And I LOOOOVE that Merc it's actually better looking than last year's car!!

EDIT:
BfDRkKdCAAAcRYv.jpg:large

I'd kill for a video when it was unveiled. I'm sure pressies were giggling hehe

Adrian Newey said:
Red Bull design genius Adrian Newey is addressing the media later this morning. He's already had a brief say on the 2014 technical regs, and it's fair to say he's not best pleased with the aerodynamic rules.

While, in the case of the front wing, that's because of performance implications - "the narrower wing means the endplate is in the worst possible place in front of the wheel" - he's in agreement with the majority of fans over the look of the new noses.

"They are ugly and ungainly," he said. "To me the aesthetics of a Formula 1 car are important.

"The car should look good, and not many owners of these noses could say they really love them."

Newey not pleased with the narrower front wings.

Newey not pleased with the narrower front wings.

But he knows that it's the right path, because he's a fucking genius!! I really hope it's not the best solution and Mercedes and Ferrari compete for all the podiums this year!! That would be EPIC!!!!!

I miss the times when two teams use to dominate the season. Yes, shoot me now.

Anyone work out what the green laser coming out from under the T-camera on the Merc is up to? It seems to be pointed at one of the "camera" wings on the nose. Wonder if they are measuring distance change, vibration etc... from the reflection.

Top Bottom