• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

HDPkLad.png

Love Kamui.

That's great. Bless.

Nicktendo86

So looking increasingly likely that Renault have sorted their problems and reb bull are confident that their issue is minow. Got a horrible feeling this will be another dominant season.

I just hope engines are somehow even.

I don't mind two teams obliterating the rest of the field (Like Macca-Ferrari few years ago). But please not one team only

Zeknurn

Dark clouds form over Maranello

Whenever there is a state of all being well, one should take the opportunity to enjoy and take in the positive vibe that is all around before, inevitably, the harsh reality of life kicks in and the moment is lost. Perhaps this where the saying comes from, Nothing lasts forever, so live for the moment!

In light of the comments made last week by a certain Brazilian who has moved to Williams for 2014, it would seem the moment where all was well has passed for Fernando Alonso. Whilst he hardly spent any time in Maranello on the sim tirelessly plugging away learning new tracks, he actually did just this but in his home in Oviedo, Spain, instead.

In years gone by where the Spaniard was clearly the undisputed no.1 there was no need to embrace the Ferrari family sentiment as he was unchallenged and for all intents and purposes, untouchable. The man who twice had come within a whisker of claiming the title for the Scuderia, only for a team error to cost him in 2010 and lady luck to intervene in 2012 – (although I know there will be a few who disagree with the 2012 assessment).

Why all this matters I hear you ask? Kimi is hardly known for being the ‘friendly’ sort of team player who will ask ‘How high?’ every time the team says ‘Jump.’ TheJudge13 sources say that the Kimi that has returned is almost unrecognisable from the Kimi that left in 2009. Putting the hard hours into his simulator work both days of the weekend is a far cry from what would be expected normally from the Finn.

Furthermore, he spent Wednesday at the factory meeting up with ‘old friends’ and trying to persuade Luca to let him test the LaFerrari on the Fiorano track, only stopped in this pursuit by the fading light. Kimi had another seat fitting as he was unhappy with his previous ride position, demonstrating the perfectionist the Finn has become.

Not being reported elsewhere, but this is the third time Kimi has been to Marnello since resigning for the red team. Reportedly, he is welcomed back like a long lost son at every visit. If this is the case, then wouldn’t that now make Alonso the prodigal son?

Any avid football fans will remember how Jose Mourinho returned to Chelsea during his stint with Inter Milan. That day he proved that actions do genuinely speak louder than words, seeking the custard cream distributor and munching away. He showed he still know that place like the back of his hand, exactly as Kimi is doing right now in Maranello.

So the man who journalists would have you believe ‘doesn’t do politics’ is putting in the hard hours to, once again, be the favoured one within the Ferrari family. No war of words is required with Alonso, leaving his Samurai quotes null and void. Kimi is not wasting his energy with multiple blows, just a few sharp ones – which is hurting Alonso. Dark clouds are forming over Maranello as the war begins

http://thejudge13.com/2014/02/17/daily-f1-news-and-comment-monday-17th-february-2014/#Maranello

I can't be more excited for this season. Ferrari is probably going to implode with Alonso and Räikkönen fighting to the last drop (of fuel).

If they manage to screw something with their car - then this season will be better than any mexican telenovella

I feel the opposite. For the Kimi/Alonso battle to be worth a damn, they need a competitive car, otherwise they probably won't care who's beating who if they're both slogging away for 5th/6th at best.

I feel the opposite. For the Kimi/Alonso battle to be worth a damn, they need a competitive car, otherwise they probably won't care who's beating who if they're both slogging away for 5th/6th at best.

I dont believe that will be the case at the beginning of the season. I think they wrack up podium wins right away and there will be a good scrap between the Lewis,Nico,Kimi, and Alonso and possibly Button. Then, by the mid point of the season, RBR will have its shit sorted, and the Finger will be on a rampage to catch up in the points.

I can't be more excited for this season. Ferrari is probably going to implode with Alonso and Räikkönen fighting to the last drop (of fuel).

What a load of speculative bullshit that is.
Massa was in the sim with De La Rosa all the time because that's what he was supposed to be doing. And if anyone at Ferrari who needed to concentrate more on their driving it was him.
Alonso has a sim in Spain for himself (which Massa does NOT have) and he gave many updates of using on his feeds. He was concentrating on his physical training.

The reality is that Ferrari is going to set the bar for strongest driver pairing this year. Two mature and highly rated world champions, not one driver taking the majority of the points and the team not achieving a good WCC position, something which Massa fucked up over the last 4 years.

In fact its going to be sunshine in Italy this year, if the car is good Ferrari will be carpet bombing the opposition.

Now all is needed is a winning car. I swear to go we won't even need another team to be as competitive. The internal fight will be more than entertaining.

I give Alonso till mid-season and he'll explode if he's not outscoring Kimi regularly.

Mastah

Tyres for the test:

-2 sets of softs
-10 sets of mediums
-1 set of experimental mediums - to use without tyre blankets
-8 sets of hards
-2 sets of "winter" hards - on request from the teams
-8 sets chosen by every team as they wish

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Hamilton 5 seconds slower than last years best GP time. Man, I really hope that they are still not pushing the cars to the limits. 5 seconds would be pretty crazy.

Chris R

Hamilton 5 seconds slower than last years best GP time. Man, I really hope that they are still not pushing the cars to the limits. 5 seconds would be pretty crazy.

I'd be fine with the slower times if it means for better racing... I'm probably alone in this though :(

Top Bottom