• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

Mastah

To my knowledge that engines are still being developed and no freeze is in place as of yet!

So that won't help

What won't help?

If Renault won't get their shit together before Australia, they can work on their reliability problems during the season, as according to technical regulations. And that's precisely the answer I got for the question you asked:

What will happen if Renault couldn't get their act together before the first race? And I mean the cars can't even finish a race?

They will be allowed to change parts causing reliability problems.

Zeknurn

Apparently the lotus managed just one lap on Friday, James Allen says in the comments

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/...how-far-behind-are-the-renault-powered-teams/

@ScarbsF1: Further to the Lotus test, I hear they completed nearly 100km on their second day @Jamesallenonf1
@bgarloff: @ScarbsF1 Also heard that the second day of Lotus-testing went really well... Almost 100 km done. No problems with @RenaultSportF1 anymore.

I wouldn't call all the Renault teams doomed just yet.

Nicktendo86

They had two filming days? How many do they get total?
Two I think, and I heard they were just doing one so perhaps that went so badly they had to use up their second day?

Way to early to say Renault have fixed the issues, they did nearly 100k so why not use up the 100k limit? You have to go slow on filming days, remember the caterham did similar milage with a turned down engine.

The Regs say:
Each competitor will also be permitted to carry out two Promotional Events (PE) with the above cars which will not be considered TCC. A PE shall be defined as an event in which a competitor participates purely for marketing or promotional purposes. No such test may exceed 100km in length and only tyres manufactured specifically for this purpose by the appointed supplier may be used.

In order that an FIA observer may be appointed, competitors must inform the FIA of any planned TCC or PE at least 72 hours before it is due to commence, the following information should be provided :

i) The precise specification of the car(s) to be used.
ii) The name(s) of the driver(s) if known.
iii) The nature of the test.
iv) The date(s) and intended duration of the test.
v) The purpose of the test.

So Lotus have used up one event split across two days, 1 lap on Friday and 21 on Saturday equalling 97.438 km. They did the maximum amount of laps allowed as Jerez is 4.429 km in length.

pants

It was a fucking travesty, but the only one to blame is Michelin.
In no way do I excuse Michelin, but the amount of sneering, backstabbing and double talk he engaged in that weekend was fucking pathetic. At least Jordan and Ferrari were upfront about it.

Dead Man

-> He kept spinning it as he had no choice
-> Blames Jordan
-> After all his complaining he still raced

He was the loudest of everyone about the race, yet there he is, racing. "Sometimes you have a situation in life where it's better to do the right thing " yeah fuck off Stodard.

If you cant tell I was FOR adding the chicane.

I don't think any of the teams that ran did the wrong thing by doing so.

Mastah

Williams F1 Team ‏@WilliamsF1Team 1m

Glad everyone is as excited for the season as we are..... Our race livery will be launched for Australia! Focus is on technical until then

Shaneus

I've never not liked that livery on any car ever. I was glad to see they still have the Senna logo on their car as well, at least it was on their Jerez one.

Respect.

Mastah

Williams-Martini merchandise:

slide3new-a.png

https://www.onpole.com/

dubc35

It’s just about two weeks since the team caring for Michael Schumacher stopped administering sedatives in order to allow him to emerge from the pharmacologic part of his depressed consciousness. Where are we now?

http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/what-should-we-be-thinking-now/
Assumptions as usual, which he clearly and fully discloses he is making, but still not the best outlook. (I skimmed some sections so could have missed something). I guess if we hear anything official about the status of breathing, autonomous or assisted, that could be indicative of things to come. Hope the best for him and his family.

So it's a regional thing like Sony France with Loeb? Force India might be sniffing around for some F1 sponsorship with the rumour of Whitmarsh going there.

Gary Anderson:

Ever since I started work with them, I've been pushing them to do more on the technical side, and during the second half of 2013 it appeared to me that they were wanting to do less.

For example, I set up an open-house visit to Renault to cover the engine package for 2014 in detail and twice on the day before we were due to go it was cancelled by the BBC. The reasoning was that as far as they were concerned, the viewers were not that interested.

I was not very happy. I believed that with the enormous technical changes for 2014, we should be doing more, not less.

I felt that if I couldn't bring to the viewer what I felt they wanted because my hands were tied, then it was better not to be there at all. I was in the midst of writing a resignation email when I got the call from them to meet up for a chat, which is when, as you say, they got rid of me!

Shithouse, they want to get rid of F1 so bad.

I can see the future now, BT Sport will have all the races exclusively live and ITV 4 will have the highlights.

Shaneus

Should I know of Gary Anderson? I'm assuming he's a motorsport journalist personality-type who works(worked?) at the BBC, and going by that treatment... fuck, that's shithouse.

I would've expected better from BBC :/

kharma45

Should I know of Gary Anderson? I'm assuming he's a motorsport journalist personality-type who works(worked?) at the BBC, and going by that treatment... fuck, that's shithouse.

I would've expected better from BBC :/

He designed cars for Jordan and Stewart for over a decade. He knows his shit.

Despicable treatment by the BBC, he's better off without them by the sounds of it.

He is probably most well known for designing most of the Jordan F1-cars.

On TV he has been quite good at spotting new things on various cars and explaining in an easy way what they do.

Edit: Late

Shaneus

He designed cars for Jordan and Stewart for over a decade. He knows his shit.

Despicable treatment by the BBC, he's better off without them by the sounds of it.
Oh damn, dem credentials.

Agreed though, hopefully Sky pick him up (never thought I'd hear myself say that), couldn't make things any *more* boring.

Nicktendo86

If Sky picked him up I'd honestly be tempted to switch away from the BBC.

He's working for Autosport now.

It's a bit of a running joke to day if Gary Anderson likes your car, you are in trouble. He trashed the 2012 McLaren and it turned out great, he praised the 2013 McLaren before it ran and we know how that turned out. So, yeah.

Oh, and the BBC are shit.

Hasney

Oh damn, dem credentials.

Agreed though, hopefully Sky pick him up (never thought I'd hear myself say that), couldn't make things any *more* boring.

I believe things would improve dramatically if they just replaced the main host. He's just a charisma vacuum.

Top Bottom