• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

I hope McLaren have got a performance clause in Perez's contract, he's absolute shit, if he's still this bad two or three races after the major Barcelona upgrade he needs moving on.

Way too early to say that. Its only his third season in F1 and he is in a new team competing with a former World Champion who has been at the team for three years. On top of that, the car isn't where they'd want it to be. He has done enough in his time in F1 to date to deserve the full season. Unless he performs terribly over the course of the entire season and/or one of the top tier drivers becomes available for 2014, I think he'll be at McLaren for at least two years.

ibnvK4h1OoFtE8.gif

I was hoping someone would gif that, I never should've doubted :D

this gif will probably get a lot of uses over the season much like fuckssakefelipe.gif did

Timbuktu

a bit off topic but this beautiful lady needs to eat more, Alonso get her to some nice Italian restaurant.

Dasha-KapustinaNew-girlfriend-of-Fernando-Alonso-161.jpg

Would agree. A side effect of McLaren's lack of pace is that we don't get to see Jessica anymore. She's the only one who seems to be genuinely excited about the racing.

Can't say I am too disappointed to miss Bahrain for a wedding next week.

Addnan

I think Suzi Perry is doing fine, much better than the awkwardness between her and Coulthard in the highlights of the first 2 races.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Bombed hard at GP Predictor.

Also, my money is on Ferrari next weekend. They always do well in Bahrain.

I expect no changes till Barcelona, when Mclaren and RBR bring their major upgrades.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
bahrain should be easy 1-2 for Ferrari. If they had somebody else than Felipe, for sure.

Also this will be tyre orgy deluxe, compounds for Bahrain:
a) Soft
b) Hard

Mix that with dirty track, sand everywhere and scorching tarmac temperatures above 50 degrees Celsius.

Adamm

Because it's such a terrible circuit and setting.

At least that stupid mickey mouse section was scrapped after 1 year.

I can't watch the Bahrain GP without thinking about all the people there suffering from oppression from the government. There's already been a crackdown on the people there already, just so the ruling royal family can put on an act for the rest of the world.

I couldn't watch the race last year and I can't watch it again this year.

Yeah, I was going to say last year the Bahrain wasnt too bad (in terms of excitement) and thought there must be another reason

MrKaepora

I hope McLaren have got a performance clause in Perez's contract, he's absolute shit, if he's still this bad two or three races after the major Barcelona upgrade he needs moving on.

Perez is a good driver with lots of potencial and his season last year proves it, it's not his fault that Mclaren it's shit this year. Like someone already said, it's too early yet to judge his work this year, so let's hope that Mclaren can keep developing the car at a steady pace.

Didn't see the race once again but nice one Alonso, keep it up.

Zeknurn

Remarkable driving by Räikkönen, it's a shame the team screwed him over and that Perez pushed him off the track. He would have had a great chance of winning. Same goes for Massa, feels like every race that Ferrari decides to pit him two laps after the tyres have run out. Alonso was lucky this time.

We got to see some great driving by Hamilton and Vettel. As EJ said, Pirelli is doing a great job with the tyres. Hopefully Red Bull and Ferrari won't force them to make them predictable and boring.

Webber shouldn't have thought that Vergne would yield just because he's in a sister team. Hopefully he will pick himself up for the next race.

Excellent driving by Ricciardo. I want to see him move up next season.

Bahrain is going to be great.

Dead Man

Ce-Lin

Alonso was lucky this time.

stopped reading there, perhaps you meant he was unlucky last time, he definitely made his own luck today, was way above everyone else, he wasn't even pushing the Ferrari and led Massa by 40 seconds. Give Fernando an average car and he will fight the WDC until the very last race, give him a decent car and...

Timbuktu

Really should have been Lee to replace Jake, a lot more likeable tone to how she speaks. But I guess they need her to get the interviews? Maybe that's the harder job.

Zeknurn

stopped reading there, perhaps you meant he was unlucky last time, he definitely made his own luck today, was way above everyone else, he wasn't even pushing the Ferrari and led Massa by 40 seconds. Give Fernando an average car and he will fight the WDC until the very last race, give him a decent car and...

So you're saying that he wasn't lucky that the two main contenders for the race win experienced problems while he had a clean race himself?

He drove great no doubt but it doesn't change the fact that no one was fighting over the win with him.

Adamm

Really should have been Lee to replace Jake, a lot more likeable tone to how she speaks. But I guess they need her to get the interviews? Maybe that's the harder job.

She took his place for 2 races before when Jake want available, she didn't do a particularly good job.

mclem

I think the fact that she's built up a rapport with some of them might be an asset the BBC were reluctant to lose.

Business

So you're saying that he wasn't lucky that the two main contenders for the race win experienced problems while he had a clean race himself?

He drove great no doubt but it doesn't change the fact that no one was fighting over the win with him.

I think you are trying too hard. Lucky is not the word to describe Alonso's performance today.

Ce-Lin

using your logic the driver who wins is always lucky, the rest suffering the problems of not running at the front ? man... just accept it, it's not that hard, Fernando won, there will always be a better GP result for you next time around.

Jibbed

I'm surprised Pirelli's execs haven't just said something along the lines of, "fuck this" and jumped ship.

They're getting so much bad press from the drivers (and even the media themselves now) about the state of the tyres, and the contract for next year isn't even finalised.

Ce-Lin

double post, sorry

edit: by the way there was a trending topic on Twitter in Spain #RoboaWebber that lasted a good while ("Webber was robbed")

Really awesome to finally see Alonso winning after 9 months. He is the 4th driver with more wins of F1 history, wow.

Great job by the podium guys and Button.

Massa zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hylje

Nine drivers await stewards decision over use of DRS under yellow flags in China.
Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Kimi Raikkonen, Valtteri Bottas, Daniel Riccardo, Jenson Button, Romain Grosjean, Nico Hulkenberg and Max Chilton will all be investigated by the stewards for using DRS in a yellow flag zone.

Sky Sports

Top Bottom