• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Hammer24

Banned
Pretty sure it has been changed

Yes, they changed it since February, when they first announced it from Soft(Yellow) and Hard(Orange) to Medium(White) and Hard(Orange).

Pirelli-F1-Reifen-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-dc701887-656747.jpg

Lach

Orange is such a stupid color for the hard tyres. Common sense would tell you that they are somwhere between supersoft (red) and soft (yellow)...

So what's the deal with McLaren?

Now that they can develop two of the same car given that Button and Perez have similar styles I would have thought they would be doing far better. It's almost like they started from scratch and are playing catch-up which coupled with tires they don't like puts them in a crappy place.

One problem though. Both drivers are shit

They really should've signed The Hulk or Kimi instead of opting for money (Perez)

One problem though. Both drivers are shit

They really should've signed The Hulk or Kimi instead of opting for money (Perez)

Button may not be in the top tier but he's definitely not shit. He's done a good job so far considering the car they have, a 5th place in China and probably would have finished in the top 6 in Malaysia too if it weren't for the horrendous pit stops.

I do agree that they should have signed Hulkenburg instead, I just think that he's a much better driver, not to say Perez is shit, just not as good.

Shaneus

Okay... could KK have done better than Perez? Honestly, I have a feeling he might've. Perez just seems to be kind of vacant right now.

Button may not be in the top tier but he's definitely not shit. He's done a good job so far considering the car they have, a 5th place in China and probably would have finished in the top 6 in Malaysia too if it weren't for the horrendous pit stops.

I do agree that they should have signed Hulkenburg instead, I just think that he's a much better driver, not to say Perez is shit, just not as good.

I just wanted to say that I LOVE your avatar. It looks amazing.

Okay... could KK have done better than Perez? Honestly, I have a feeling he might've. Perez just seems to be kind of vacant right now.

Most people here loved Kobayashi for this driving style (ultra drift!), because he was an underdog (probably the same reason you like Petrov, out of all people) and because he was a genuinely nice guy. But I'm sure he wouldn't be able to handle the pressure at first, just like Perez.

I think LdM was right when he said that he's not ready for Ferrari..

Not being ready for Ferrari is one thing, but being worse than Massa is another level. I'm still confident that Perez could bounce back. It's still very early in the season and he's probably under huge pressure in what's only his third season. I'll grab my pitchfork if he's still crap after the summer break.

dubc35

F1 to replace Indy Car in Long Beach?

IndyCar’s agreement with Long Beach expires next year and there are rumors that Bernie Ecclestone, Zak Brown and Long Beach founder Chris Pook are attempting to buy the contract. Ecclestone and Pook are known to have met a time or two last year to discuss the idea and Brown expressed his interest in the pages of last September’s Motor Sport.

“There’s a lot of talk about a a third [US F1] race on the West Coast,” Brown told our editor Damien Smith. “I’m an advocate of F1 buying the Long Beach GP. I think I can facilitate that and I’ve been having those conversations. You can make an argument that Long Beach would be a good investment. It’s got so much heritage. One race [in America] certainly isn’t enough.”

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/us-scene/indycar/will-bernie-buy-the-long-beach-gp/

Petra <3

EDIT: The mansion

Petra paid the highest price ever for a home in LA County &#8211; $85 million &#8211; and then spent close to $20 million renovating the mansion formerly owned by TV producer Aaron Spelling.

800px-The_Manor%2C_Holmby_Hills%2C_Los_Angeles%2C_in_2008.jpg

Tamara is renting a home in Bel Air for $150,000 a month while she looks for a suitable $100 million home, &#8220;with lots of outdoor space so my dogs can play.&#8221;

Fuck this shit

EDIT2: I wana be one of her dogs

TylerD

I was disenchanted with the tyre situation and especially the terrible DRS zones in China. The tyre nursing competition (not racing) is a big turnoff. In contrast, 4 V8 Supercars 35 lap sprint races with no pitstops was absolutely enthralling.

That series has started out brilliantly. 7 winners in 9 different races while teams come to grips with the new car.

Working on catching up on F1 news but I hope to see some dedication to improving (ie. reduction) of tyre nursing throughout the season.

------

I forgot to set my predictions and ended up with 35 pts. Not bad for autopilot!

:(

Boullier singing praises of Kimi

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106817

Kimi seems to be at the top of his game at the moment, but Romain seems to be struggling a little?

Romain faces the tough challenge of driving the same car as one of the most gifted drivers around in Kimi; a driver with tremendous experience who returned to the sport last year and was very good straight away. If he was very good from the start of last season, Kimi's been excellent from the start of 2013. He gives everything you want from a driver at every moment on track. This will be frustrating for Romain at times as it's very, very difficult to beat the Kimi who arrives at the track this season, but it's also a tremendous opportunity as he's learning from the very best. If he can learn these lessons whilst bringing home points for the team, then he's doing the job we want from him.

dubc35

Romain is one of my underachievers after three GP's. Besides the McLaren debacle, Hulk would be another. My overachievers: MAS, HAM (just didn't expect the pace so soon, time will tell as Nico won China last year). Ricciardo a bit and Sutil has shown good pace.

Shaneus

Romain is one of my underachievers after three GP's. Besides the McLaren debacle, Hulk would be another. My overachievers: MAS, HAM (just didn't expect the pace so soon, time will tell as Nico won China last year). Ricciardo a bit and Sutil has shown good pace.
Biggest underachievers would have to be Caterham, but that's not a surprise to anyone. I'd say Sutil is a surprise as well... don't think anyone expected him to be so consistently better than his teammate.

Curious to see how the two STR drivers perform over the season as well. I think they'll both do well, but I'll be monitoring the difference between the two very closely. Hopefully STR can finish more consistently in the points this year, at least. I mean, it looked like it was going to happen in Australia and it finally *did* happen in China, so things must be on the up and up.

jambo

I have no idea why, but the FIA got Jonathan Ross to do the commentary on the 1993 season review.

"Pwost and Senna wacing at the fwont of the gwid!"

"Hydwalic pwoblems."

Shaneus

Did he say with whom? I mean, if he said it you'd think it was Williams, but he could be talking about another team, I guess.

Top Bottom