• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

GrLhQyB.png

Brilliant.

Fisico

I remember being awfully excited when I was younger getting F1 World Grand Prix II on the N64 and it having the same layout as the TV for timing etc.

gfs_42116_2_5.jpg

Same here, I even remember that I did a full GP once with a McLaren, finishing ahead of the 2nd by three laps.
Game was helluva fun to play, but it felt more like WRC than F1 (and Diniz was always DNF, always)

Ark

When the three new teams were signed and confirmed by the FIA, the budget cap was supposed to come in. But the cap never came in, so they've struggled even more than I imagine they expected to.

Kassu

Banned
What is making the wait even worse is that Spain isn't even an interesting race to watch. It's as boring as Monaco is but just without all the glamour and crashes. Thank god we don't have to wait long time anymore for Canada.

Scuderia

Canada is one of my favourite of the year easily, always an interesting race.

Seen this going round Facebook today...

"If only..."

248023_448854255191667_1571489808_n.jpg

dubc35

These 3 week hiatuses are trully killing the thread. Up next is Spain, I think? Anything to look forward to? Upgrades?

Seriously, the 3 week breaks are lame. We have another week until Spain, then 2 weeks until Monaco, then 2 weeks until Canada, 3 weeks until GB, etc.

In the next 4 months we have 7 GP's (now through Spa on Aug 25th). :(

cmr-94

These 3 week hiatuses are trully killing the thread. Up next is Spain, I think? Anything to look forward to? Upgrades?

Everyone will be bringing upgrades. Just depends how big. Top teams and probably mid-teams should have significant upgrades.

I'm most looking forward to see what Mclaren can do

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Greedy in talks with Long Beach to host a race. Putting some pressure on New Jersey?

Mercedes is rumored to bring smallest update package. But this could be only rumor due to their talks about shifting people to 2014 car.

kharma45

I actually thought it was quite ugly on the car before but I've done a complete 360 and think it looks great now. Still prefer Marussia as a team though.

There are always exceptions, but the race after the break is usually a pretty good indicator of how things will pan out for the rest of the year.

Moreso this year I'd imagine given how much emphasis is being put on the 2014 cars.

Yea, watching that Williams domination all last year got old quick. ;)

Also, what do the red and blue colors indicate in that gif?

I suspect red is liquid against a surface and blue is the surface of the liquid in free space. It's interesting to see all the baffles in the tank to try to minimise weight shift and still allow for pickup.

Seanspeed

Banned
I suspect red is liquid against a surface and blue is the surface of the liquid in free space. It's interesting to see all the baffles in the tank to try to minimise weight shift and still allow for pickup.
Thats kind of what I was thinking, but couldn't make a lot of sense of it.

EDIT: Actually yea, that does seem to be it.

@Psychotext - That may have been the case a while ago, but I dont think things are nearly as predictable nowadays.

Shaneus

Another great gif by Sauber
FuelSloshCFDSimLowRes.gif
Almost makes you wonder why there's not room for a compartment that's only a little bit attached so the cars have the minimum fuel available after each session. Would stop things like Webber's fuel issue (and others) from happening.

DBT85

Almost makes you wonder why there's not room for a compartment that's only a little bit attached so the cars have the minimum fuel available after each session. Would stop things like Webber's fuel issue (and others) from happening.

If the teams haven't thought of it yet then there must be a reason why.

The fuel all has to be able to be drained, and all has to be in one bladder, so i don;t see how you could do as you suggest without an electronic switch inside preventing the fuel from escaping. Maybe they aren't allowed.

Top Bottom