• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Angst

Got this in the mail today, all the way from Italy. :)

249077_10151622084611011_861140957_n.jpg

I bought a Red Bull Racing Team cap in Paris last year :)

Please don't flame me with GAF's collective Vettel hate

Seanspeed

Banned
Why do we have Hard and Mediums for Spain? That's very conservative.

Lotus advantage is gone, they are the weakest on Mediums
Its not conservative. The tires degrade faster under hard cornering, which Barcelona has lots of.

And during winter testing here, the cars were experiencing pretty severe degredation on the softer compounds. The temps will be higher this weekend, which will help, but they'd still be too big of a risk to bring in.

Mediums/Hards are the logical choice.

I don't see the need for this at all. Why would any team want to run tests on tyres that they won't be using anyway for qualifying and ace?
Because its testing. The data is useful for later use.

DBT85

I don't see the need for this at all. Why would any team want to run tests on tyres that they won't be using anyway for qualifying and ace?

Because provided they have enough engine and gearbox life left, they can just run the cars as much as they like for aero testing, all of which is invaluable.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Have fun, sounds like a good time!
Yeah, tomorrow 940 km drive to Luxembourg to pick my GF, then pit stop in Liege for the night. Maybe we will go to the Spa, if she will be in a great mood. Next day towards Utrecht and Leiden, then to Amsterdam, Haag, Rotterdam and back home again. Monday or Tuesday probably.

I will try to at least check the GP results :)

Chris R

I expect a strong challenge from Fernando but for one of the RBR boys to take it this weekend.

Maybe Vettel's car will have issues for a change... ah who am I kidding :(

I expect a strong challenge from Fernando but for one of the RBR boys to take it this weekend.

Maybe Vettle's car will have issues for a change... ah who am I kidding :(

Vettel survived the insane last race of the previous season. I don't think anything can touch him after that.

cmr-94

Ahh, great memories, lol

iuVKBCOPT6BL5.gif

haha it looks like the mechanic punches Lewis around at the back left corner !!

knowing Mclaren, this was them trying to save Lewis from having to turn the steering wheel and trying to improve their pit-stop time :D

cmr-94

mercedes to have a slight change of livery in Spain. Supposedly to look more like a "silver arrow" whatever that means

Addnan

Allison is a man in demand, other teams can pay more. Guessing Kimi will almost certainly move at the end of the season now. They probably won't be able to keep up with car design without Allison

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Allison is a man in demand, other teams can pay more. Guessing Kimi will almost certainly move at the end of the season now. They probably won't be able to keep up with car design without Allison
Start the speculation about Kimi and Allison both moving to RBR for 2014.

DBT85

The new Merc engine cover. Apparently matt silver rather than glossy one with painted on flow lines according to scarbs.

ExgXM20.jpg

Goldrusher

The new Merc engine cover. Apparently matt silver rather than glossy one with painted on flow lines according to scarbs.

ExgXM20.jpg
Looks like the old paint to me. But it's a bad photo. Need to see the full car, on the track, in the sun.

The stupid, giant Mercedes logo on the engine cover is new though.

Risgroo

I can't wait to see and hear F1 cars in action again, I need something to wash away the crap from the electric Ferrari thread.

Chris R

Quick reminder, don't forget to make your predictions for the race if you are in the prediction league. Gonna wait to see how P1/P2 shake out before setting everything 100%.

Top Bottom