• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Ty4on

Rear tires locking, move brake balance back to fix it :p

It's like troll physics only real (and makes sense if you think about it).

duckroll

These artificially shit tires aren't doing anyone any favors. I don't feel it makes the race more exciting, just more annoying to watch.

Ce-Lin

I would like it if the FIA would tell Pirelli make a durable tyre instead of a fast decaying tyre. :/

they brought a new compound this weekend IIRC, also why would we want Formula RBR instead of F1 ?

These artificially shit tires aren't doing anyone any favors. I don't feel it makes the race more exciting, just more annoying to watch.

Kimi and Alonso are exciting to watch with these tires, also you can smile on Saturdays watching Mercedes on top /kidding

I just hope 2014 is more pure skill and speed than pure car management...

Dead Man

they brought a new compound this weekend IIRC, also why would we want Formula RBR instead of F1 ?

Not a durable compound by the looks of it, unfortunately. I don't mind if tyres fall off a cliff performance wise, but when they fall to bits that's a problem. I don't understand what you mean by Formula RBR, sorry.

Kimi and Alonso are exciting to watch with these tires, also you can smile on Saturdays watching Mercedes on top

I think you would have a different opinion if Red Bull could handle the tires better.

The tires are shit just for safety reason.

Ce-Lin

Not a durable compound by the looks of it, unfortunately. I don't mind if tyres fall off a cliff performance wise, but when they fall to bits that's a problem. I don't understand what you mean by Formula RBR, sorry.

I meant with no changes in regulations RBR was going to win every year, this year by changing something (tires) RBR forced to change something as well, isn't it more interesting to watch Kimi fighting for wins than Vettel lapping everyone every race ? as some F1 fan, not just a Vettel fan.

Dead Man

I meant with no changes in regulations RBR was going to win every year, this year by changing something (tires) RBR forced to change something as well, isn't it more interesting to watch Kimi fighting for wins than Vettel lapping everyone every race ? as some F1 fan, not just a Vettel fan.

Yeah, but I don't like mid season spec changes with the aim of changing the pecking order, as a rule. I would rather the teams compete knowing what the ground will be like when they design their car.

It's not RBR's fault the other teams are quite hard on tyres. And the tyres are now worse it seems in terms of safety.

Ce-Lin

De La Rosa, Spanish TV, "the only ones that complain about tires are those not leading the race, interesting" ha, could he be more biased.
edit: one more comment from the old chap, "racing this year is beautiful, last years I made a lot of money betting on Vettel for pole and race wins" hahah

Yeah, but I don't like mid season spec changes with the aim of changing the pecking order, as a rule. I would rather the teams compete knowing what the ground will be like when they design their car.

It's not RBR's fault the other teams are quite hard on tyres. And the tyres are now worse it seems in terms of safety.

wait, were all the teams in the dark pre-season regarding tires ?

Omiee

So to sum this race up:

Everyone saving his tires and on tire management from the start.

The fight for the win has been limited to the first 5 laps with alonso the clear winner after that.

And the mid battles not being exciting as the last few races.

Barcelona sure knows how to deliver.

Dead Man

So to sum this race up:

The fight for the win has been limited to the first 5 laps with alonso the clear winner after that.

As ever. While everything else may suck at the moment, Barcelona has sucked for a long time now.

Ty4on

So to sum this race up:

Is your TV stuck at the dash cam for Vettel or did you miss Kimi driving on paper tires in first place?

Ce-Lin

how is Felipe so far behind Alonso, I put 10 euros on each (Alonso, Kimi, Massa) if Massa wins I get 8 times the money ! Alonso... not so much.

Spanish races have never been exciting with the exception of valencia last year which was pretty fun to watch.

Alonso was spectacular there, granted he was very lucky with DNFs and whatnot

Kimi stopped 4 laps before Alonso did, correct? And Massa 2 laps after Alonso?

No way Massa comes close to Kimi. He's been driving a great race, but Kimi's tires really need to drop off fast for Massa to have a shot at overtaking him.

Top Bottom