• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

h3ro

Not a fan of this new standardized podium that F1 is using now.

I loved watching real flags being raised up during the anthems.

this is Spain man : )

this is Spain man : (

De La Rosa "now is when half Catalonia turn the TV off, Spain national anthem in Barcelona ? not a chance" hahahha the guy's on fire

You got problems with PDR or something? Spain was renowned for its disinterest in F1 until Alonso became competitive. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if few Spanish fans bothered to watch past the end of the race.

Ce-Lin

You got problems with PDR or something? Spain was renowned for its disinterest in F1 until Alonso became competitive. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if few Spanish fans bothered to watch past the end of the race.

De La Rosa is very likeable, just that it's not good to mix politics with sports, ok see you all next GP, I'm out to the beach, hot sunny day here, PEACE !

MrKaepora

Great strategy by Ferrari and great win by Alonso. Lotus may not have the faster car of the championship, but sure has the gentler car with the tyres and Raikkonen has been doing really well this season. Great also to have Massa onboard. Eat dirt Vettel :)

My pole, fastest lap, and positions gained are shit. I had as my top 10 in order:

Vettel
Alonso
Hamilton (lol)
Kimi
Massa
Button
Webber
Rosberg
Grosjean (lol)
Perez

Not a great week. So so so close on some of those.

Leonsito

The Ferrari car was already the fastest this season, and the upgrades did wonders, even Massa looks fast now, + the tyres are made for Ferrari this year.

Alonso won't have any troubles getting this year wdc, if they don't do stupid things like in Malaysia.

Awkward interview with Hamilton on BBC

Really looks like the honeymoon is over and the reality of driving for a struggling team is back in full force. I doubt it's much comfort to him, but it's not all that different to what he'd be facing had he stayed at McLaren - for now.

And in contrast, look at how Jenson is handling it. He gets a lot of stick for whining in the car, but he's got a much more positive manner than most when his team is struggling.

Shaneus

haha, I think it was fun, as I predicted Mercedes went backwards, RBR with not a perfect cart make Vettel look average but better than Webber, Hamilton is painful to watch as he's my second fav driver (Kimi), and to be honest Alonso is the best when given a somewhat decent car, +20 secs ahead of Massa same car.
Webber gained two spots after a shit start, Vettel dropped one after a decent start.

Hate to think where he could've ended up if he started well. Do we know what happened? Serious answers, thanks.

Another perfect race by the Ferrari/Alonso combo like in china, one has to imagine the standings without the front wing and DRS problem. Brillant job by Kimi and Massa too. RB and Mercedes, specially Mercedes......lol

The Ferrari guys talking with el presidente was funny.

operon

Forza Alonso. Great race from Ferrari and Massa nice podium. Looking good for this season hopefully Lotus can keep up with developing the car and give Kimi a real chance at the wdc and have a tight competition with Alonso and Vettel

Zeknurn

Boring race outside of the start, Räikkönen overtaking Vettel and the Eddie podium interviews.

Hopefully Ferrari isn't as dominant for the rest of the European races.

Good save by Webber after that Webber start.

Deadman

Paul hembery from Pirelli says alonso had a puncture at his first stop. 1 more lap and he would have been in trouble.

A bunch of excuses for the delaminations. On twitter he says changes will happen, probably from silverstone onwards.

Horner still hates the tyres.

Mastah

Hembery on Twitter just admitted tyres are crap:

Paul Hembery ‏@PaulHembery 1m

We aim for 2-3 pit stops. Today was too many, we got it wrong, too aggressive. We will make changes, probably from Silverstone.

They took mediums and hards and it was still "too aggressive"... Speak for itself if even Hembery says that.

ramparter

Banned
Not sure if Hamilton should be happy about switching teams.

So we knew Mercedes lacked race pace but what the hell was that? Starting 2nd and finishing 12th with nothing particularly going wrong (pit stop ruined, mech failure, collision etc), must be a first.

Anyone else thinking Ferrari could have tried 5 stops for Massa? The first short stints did wonders, I just don't know if they had more fresh tyres available.

edit
Mega LOL : I forgot to change my predictions yesterday so I had the Bahrain ones. I ended up getting right Nando, Kimi, Rosberg and Button and one place off Webber & Perez. My best result so far was pure luck.

TylerD

First time catching the Forum this year - Suzi really hasn't got any better since she started.

I actually really like her frankness and think it clashes nicely with F1.

Hembery on Twitter just admitted tyres are crap:

They took mediums and hards and it was still "too aggressive"... Speak for itself if even Hembery says that.

2-3 stops is a happy medium. 3-4 and having to nurse the tyres like crazy is just too much. Good to hear that they are thinking the same.

dalin80

Banned
Not sure if Hamilton should be happy about switching teams.

So we knew Mercedes lacked race pace but what the hell was that? Starting 2nd and finishing 12th with nothing particularly going wrong (pit stop ruined, mech failure, collision etc), must be a first.

Lost a few seconds in the pits due to slow stops but I doubt it would have even made a 1 position difference. The strategy was off as well, he stayed out for 2 laps too long early on and lost about 5s a lap. But still even if all went well 1 point would have been the about as good as it good. Disaster all round for merc.

I'm rewatching the race right now, because I missed half of the race. It's a real shame that Massa couldn't keep Kimi behind him. Was the strategy to blame? And I can only say "blame", really, considering he started from 9th.

Goldrusher

Anyone remember that bet between Tony Fernandes and Richard Branson? Seems they still do: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/travel/...ssengers-a-serve/story-e6frfhbf-1226640594206
Haha. :)

branson-blaast-kusje-getty.jpg

branson-been-fernandes-epa.jpg

Top Bottom