• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Adamm

This has been rumoured for a while, no doubt they just included as part of the HD pack to try and silence some people when they first took it over.

I expect a lot more changes as they merge into just another sport on Sky sports - F1 channel will go, ads will start during the race, most F1 programming will stop apart from race weekends.

F1 viewing figures will go to hell in the UK over the next few years

Dead Man

Yes, but why did Mercedes say the 2011 car couldn't be used at this pre planned Pirelli test, yet days later it's lapping Silverstone? Brawn tried to pull a fast one and got caught out. Ban them.

The other stuff was posted by journalist and F1 insider Leo Turrini: http://blog.quotidiano.net/turrini/2013/05/30/cera-anche-schumi-al-test-pirelli-mercedes/

Even if they did have no good reason for doing that, it doesn't mean they broke any rules. Cheers for the source, my Italian is... zero... so your translation is appreciated. :)

It does seem like the first three points are contradicted by Will Buxton. Which makes it all rather suspect to me.

Jesus. I hope Bernie is happy with nobody watching the damn races. Of course he is, he got paid.

F1 one became too silly with all the current shit..

I just want Kimi to win this year's WDC and quit so I can quit watching it altogether..

Next year's cars won't have any tires at all because nobody wants to supply them, calling it now.

JAFWRVZ.jpg

Joba62x

Neo Member
I realised it not long ago too, it really did blow my mind.

This happened about a year or so into watching F1 for me, it really is an oh wow moment.

Another that really hit me was that Damon Hill was Graham Hill's son, it was just never mentioned and you only see Graham in black and white and that Damon was a modern driver. I guess it was such common knowledge that ITV/BBC never mentioned it.

Septimius

Yes, but why did Mercedes say the 2011 car couldn't be used at this pre planned Pirelli test, yet days later it's lapping Silverstone? Brawn tried to pull a fast one and got caught out. Ban them.

The other stuff was posted by journalist and F1 insider Leo Turrini: http://blog.quotidiano.net/turrini/2013/05/30/cera-anche-schumi-al-test-pirelli-mercedes/

You're not seriously suggesting that no one would know they'd be racing around Silverstone? Of course someone would, and Mercedes wouldn't be so stupid as to try and say "but, but" when they "got caught" like you imply. The thing is that, if anything, the fact that it has been lapping Silverstone, proves it couldn't be used in Barcelona.

Logistic? I have no idea what so ever. But don't think for a second that Mercedes were trying to keep either of these things hidden. It's just impossible to do. The story, the way you had it, was completely whacky. Nothing in it makes sense.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
F1 channel wont disappear for existing Sky HD customers. Sky confirmed this today.
New customers will need a Sky Sports subscription though to get access to the channel.

dubc35

Pick the driver! Some are easier than others.

1 to 23 in order

Great back and forth between RIC and HUL regarding HUL's pic on twitter last week. Busy now, so can't find it but it was pretty funny. I'll try to check tonight.

e* twitter exchange related to the montage above:
thA87r3.png

AcridMeat

Banned
Alonso had a chubby face huh? Pretty cool picture to see.

You're right about Webber, that's funny. Kimi had the eyes all along too.

DBT85

Haha he is going to get so much stick about that at the next race weekend.

No wonder they're always pestering Vettel to slow down, at this point Newey must think driving a car is more difficult than curing cancer. It's amazing this guy can get to work everyday without shunting the thing.

Newey has done plenty of races before, also had shunts before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4RRBTMzOms

Shaneus

Great back and forth between RIC and HUL regarding HUL's pic on twitter last week. Busy now, so can't find it but it was pretty funny. I'll try to check tonight.

e* twitter exchange related to the montage above:
thA87r3.png
Ricciardo's a dead-set legend. He'd be hard to top as the most likeable driver in the field, I'd think... at least, amongst the other drivers.

Top Bottom