• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Lucius86

Banned
*Lucius86 joins the thread*

So, how is Gaf's reaction to the Canadian GP this wee..... oh. Same old same old I see.

*Lucius86 leaves the thread*

cmr-94

A track worker is in critical condition after tripping and having the crane removing the Sauber drive on top of him :(

Shit hope he recovers. The move to even bring out the crane with people running near the track in the last 4 laps was stupid. much more dangerous than just leaving the car there

Nah, they would be P5 with wet setup yesterday. Total lack of pace - maybe this track is the worst for Lotus, or they are having difficulties or are already in 2014

He said to Finnish press that he had huge problems with brakes. Had same problems during friday and thought the team fixed that but obviously they didn't. I really wouldn't write off Lotus just after this one race. Especially as Canada is pretty soft track for tires so Lotus couldn't use their biggest advantage fully.

Business

If I remember it right then thought the stewards that Alonso acted wrongly in Monaco.

You do. I for one think he pushed it too much and used to his advantage the fact he had little to lose compared to ALO and RAI. The one with ALO is debatable if he really had to cut to avoid contact or he cut just to keep his position, like the stewards thought. I thought he was rather reckless, even with the BUT one although I thought that one was gutsy and just fine. With RAI I think he was undisputably on the wrong.

Overall my point was nobody was as reckless on track today as Perez in Monaco, even if HAM made contact with ALO.

If some of you guys could put aside your agendas for a bit the quality of this thead would improve.

You do. I for one think he pushed it too much and used to his advantage the fact he had little to lose compared to ALO and RAI. The one with ALO is debatable if he really had to cut to avoid contact or he cut just to keep his position, like the stewards thought. I thought he was rather reckless, even with the BUT one although I thought that one was gutsy and just fine. With RAI I think he was undisputably on the wrong.

Overall my point was nobody was as reckless on track today as Perez in Monaco, even if HAM made contact with ALO.

If some of you guys could put aside your agendas for a bit the quality of this thead would improve.

Maybe you should reread Alonso's comment.

""This is real racing so I am very happy to see this back after Monaco, which was a little bit different.""

Although he wasn't not just a victim in Monaco. It's not the first time that he is trying to rewrite the past.

Awful to hear, I hope he's able to recover. It's easy to forget that none of this would happen without dozens of track workers every race who put themselves at risk. At least the response would've been incredibly quick and he'll have access to some excellent medical care.

cmr-94

Ian Parkes ‏@ianparkesf1 30s

The FIA has confirmed the death of a marshal at today's Canadian GP, succumbing to injuries sustained after being run over by a crane.

RIP

Chris R

At least the battle between Hammy and Alonso was interesting for a few laps. Glad I wasn't able to watch this snoozer live though.

Megasoum

Banned
So this is the headline on the local (Montréal) french radio station's web site...

XVp.png

Direct translation would be "Vettel crushes all competiton"...

Great job guys FFS...

Terrible news about the marshal. I was fast forwarding through the race when the incident occurred and only saw the crane on screen for a single frame, thankfully missing the accident. RIP

DBT85

Salacious Crumb

Boring win, but entertaining racing for the rest of the positions.

Tragic news about the marshal, they're just about the people most at risk during the GP now that driver safety is so high.

Lach

Sad news about the marshall...

This topic though...I can understand frustration over Vettel's dominance...but I can't understand people still dismissing his skills (especially when compared to Webber).

Dead Man

Sad news about the marshall...

This topic though...I can understand frustration over Vettel's dominance...but I can't understand people still dismissing his skills (especially when compared to Webber).

I don't think anybody does that, except some small concerns about his racecraft.

Chris R

Also forgot to mention that it was cool to see Will Buxton walking around after the race talking to some people, including Horner.

Staab

Good god, what terrible news to wake up to...
Those marshalls do one hell of a job risking their lives at every Grand-Prix, this is horrible yet I can't fathom how F1 as a whole has not taken more steps towards securing these people.
Every year you hear about this and that to improve the driver's safety, yet the marshalls run along the race track with no protection whatsoever during the races and cranes lift 600kg cars that wobble around unsafely.
How is it that there is not more effort put towards them? It's criminal..

OK race with many good fights, but awful for fans of Kimi (and by association Lotus).

The death of the marshal is a real bummer though. Thoughts go out to everyone. I'm hoping Bernie and organizers ponies up and does the right thing. Whatever that might be.

Top Bottom