• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

It was a wacky podium. First Bourdais breaks his trophy, then Dario's told he's been penalized and is no longer the third place finisher (later rescinded).

With the old tyres Lotus and Ferrari would dominate the weekend. With this new tyres nobody knows.

Quite. It's also not really clear how far Lotus and Ferrari have fallen behind in the development race, and add on top of that how well each team will have made use of the YDT and you're well and truly into who the fuck knows country.

So Vettel will probably win.

Omiee

Quite. It's also not really clear how far Lotus and Ferrari have fallen behind in the development race, and add on top of that how well each team will have made use of the YDT and you're well and truly into who the fuck knows country.

So Vettel will probably win.

Im oke with that :)

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Rumours going around this morning that there will be announcement that F1 will be coming back to the A1 Ring (Red Bull Ring) in Austria.
Looks like it'll be on the 2014 calendar.
Wonder how much Red Bull paid Bernie to get it back on the calendar?

Looks like its confirmed:
Kurier : Mateschitz and Ecclestone agreed and F1 goes to Austria in 2014!

kharma45

Rumours going around this morning that there will be announcement that F1 will be coming back to the A1 Ring (Red Bull Ring) in Austria.
Looks like it'll be on the 2014 calendar.
Wonder how much Red Bull paid Bernie to get it back on the calendar?

Looks like its confirmed:

FUCK YES YES YES YES! My favourite track finally back.

Dead Man

Korea is gone too I reckon. Nice track but in the middle of nowhere and terrible attendance to go with it.

Race will be July 6th I'm hearing

Bernie doesn't give a rats arse about attendance, only the fee the race organisers pay and the quality of the hotels.

Shaneus

Sweet. Tempted to go to that one next year.
With any luck, it's back-to-back with another Euro track. Was pissed I couldn't do that this year, love to do it next, for fucking sure.

We should do a GAF thing.

Oh look an European race being added to the Calendar. It does seem like little Bernie is on his way out...
How do you come to that conclusion? Not being a smartarse, genuinely want to know.

NHale

How do you come to that conclusion? Not being a smartarse, genuinely want to know.

I was just being sarcastic considering Bernie's history of destroying the European F1 heritage while going after the money Arab and Asian countries were throwing at him.

But from every report in the last week, he's not going to remain in charge of F1 after the bribery charges. Don't really know if this will end up being a good or bad thing for the sport to be quite honest.

I thought it was the quantity of hotels they were worried about. Good news though!

Yes it was more a problem of hotel quanitity and infrastructure. There are also some groups which will try to block F1 in Austria because of emissions (noise, pollution, etc.). The proper permits have yet to be issued and now everyone will look very closely at the government if there is rule "bending" of any kind.

I hope everything goes through. I only live an hour away and would love to go there.

Great news about Red Bull Ring. It always seemed to put on exciting races. I'm a big fan of short length tracks (it's only got 8 turns!). Compressing field can really help the show. It really reminds me of Interlagos in that way.

Of course I like long tracks too, and they didn't get much better than Osterreichring, but those days are long gone.

Lach

Hmm....I might actually go if that happens....Hockenheim and Monza are both closer to me but RBRing has a great scenery that might make up for the travel.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Well, i would go to Red Bull Ring without any serious thinking, this track is 180 km from me (compared to 540 to Monza and Hungaroring)

Excited for the return of the Austrian GP! The circuit itself is pretty interesting, but goddamn does it have a gorgeous backdrop. Photos from that GP always look amazing.

Top Bottom