• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Zeknurn

It started off so well :(
Well I guess we just have to hope RBR don't adapt well to new regulations

I just hope the rest of the high budget teams stop being shit. Mercedes is the only one with a positive trend and they even wrote off this season before it started.

did you watch the start of the season ? Vettel was really average until first RBR upgrades + tyre changes.

Wasn't Vettel leading the championship since the second race or something?

Various teams were pretty strong this year they are just missing the consistency of Red Bull, who were at least close to the top in all races.

acm2000

how many championships does vettel have to win to stop the salty tears in this thread? face it people, he is a great driver in a great car, the same as schumacher was in his day

and im not even a big vettel fan, but give the guy the respect he deserves already

Zeknurn

how many championships does vettel have to win to stop the salty tears in this thread? face it people, he is a great driver in a great car, the same as schumacher was in his day

and im not even a big vettel fan, but give the guy the respect he deserves already

Vettel will obviously only be considered a good driver when he wins in a Caterham.

edit: That interview with Stephano, it sounds like they are seriously considering Kimi.

Goldrusher

lol the Greenpeace idiot stuck on the roof of the podium, what an embarrassment
They were protesting Shell (main sponsor of the race) and their arctic oil drilling.
Not the actual race or Formula One in general.

BSg0oLuIIAA-UbO.jpg:large

Vettel will obviously only be considered a good driver when he wins in a Caterham.

edit: That interview with Stephano, it sounds like they are seriously considering Kimi.

I don't think anyone says he's not a good driver, or even a VERY good driver. I rate him as a great qualifier, one of the best ever probably. He's just a very good race driver. Not great.

Krilekk

Banned

They should, Massa won't win them anything. Webber steals points from Vettels competitors from time to time. Massa just drives around. Everybody needs two strong drivers to be successful. It's the main reason why Vettel has won so many championships, whenever he did not win a race he still managed third places. But when he won his team mate often made second or third places.

Brillant drive by Alonso but he looks very unhappy, maybe unhappy is not the word, but something is missing in his body language and his interviews, I think he is tyred of Ferrari or just this season.

Addnan

A visor tear off caused Kimi's brakes to overheat. After removing the thing from the brakes it was too hot to cool down/ damage already done or something. What a shitty way to get a dnf.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Brillant drive by Alonso but he looks very unhappy, maybe unhappy is not the word, but something is missing in his body language and his interviews, I think he is tyred of Ferrari or just this season.

Maybe is combination of several factors (stuff from summer break) and he was mad that even if he drove his balls off, Vettel was still unreachable. And RBR dominance today is, sadly, just another sign of things to come, unless gremlins invade their garage.

Mercedes failed with their low DF update, at least Lewis said that. If they do not change something radical, they will suffer in Monza. He also confirmed that they are getting (last) update to their car in Singapore.

Paging Hammer24 for Radio Pitlane ;)

Addnan

Speaking of which... didn't a similar incident happen between two other drivers near the end of the race? Was a penalty given? I wasn't paying much attention at that point.

Nope, inconsistent.

Still think Perez deserved a penalty, needs to give the other driver space. Like Alonso and Hamilton up there.

or maybe it's just my hate for that cunt coming through.

Draconian

Speaking of which... didn't a similar incident happen between two other drivers near the end of the race? Was a penalty given? I wasn't paying much attention at that point.

That's my problem with the stewards. Even in the same race, they are inconsistent for similar incidents. One gets penalized and the other they stick their heads in the sand and say "Incident? What incident?" Either call it all the same or don't bother penalizing people at all if you're not going to do it consistently.

Also, I love Spa, but this race was terrible. It was over after the first lap and I could've slept through the rest of it and not missed a thing.

It was a Sauber and Toro Rosso, can't remember who though lol. No penalty was given, not even an investigation. Inconsistent stewarding is annoying as fuck.

Well, the difference was that there was no victim in the second accident. I remember both drivers overdid it but no one got an unfair advantage or disadvantage.

No victim, no penalty. It wouldn't be the first time.

Lewis missed the apex on the right hander of Eau Rouge thus Vettel pulled so hard on him at the top of the hill.

Webber proving yet again he's past his prime in F1. He's leaving at the right time.

Wishing mechanical failures is pitiful but par for course for "fans" who themselves have never competed at anything. Vettel is writing himself into the legends book. Looking back, people will remember his dominance, not the bitter tears spilled on the internet.

Out of his 3 championships, first was won at the last race. 2nd was a dominant performance, 3rd was a comeback in which he kept fighting. Schumacher ear, it's not despite what some of you like to convince yourself of as a feel good.

Alonso doesn't seem to have the ability to put a team around him like Schumaher does or he'd be in Vettel's position today. At the team of the day, he's just a driver and not a full rounded sportsman like Schumacher was.

Dilly

Banned
Lewis missed the apex on the right hander of Eau Rouge thus Vettel pulled so hard on him at the top of the hill.

Webber proving yet again he's past his prime in F1. He's leaving at the right time.

Wishing mechanical failures is pitiful but par for course for "fans" who themselves have never competed at anything. Vettel is writing himself into the legends book. Looking back, people will remember his dominance, not the bitter tears spilled on the internet.

Out of his 3 championships, first was won at the last race. 2nd was a dominant performance, 3rd was a comeback in which he kept fighting. Schumacher ear, it's not despite what some of you like to convince yourself of as a feel good.

Alonso doesn't seem to have the ability to put a team around him like Schumaher does or he'd be in Vettel's position today. At the team of the day, he's just a driver and not a full rounded sportsman like Schumacher was.

Oh my goodness.

cmr-94

Dear god. Alonso is a human. Driver's drive the car and don't create a team. They don't employ and sack people. Yes they have influence but it only goes so far. He's just unfortunate he hasn't been as fortunate as vettel and lucked into a team on the top of their game. Taking nothing away from vettel.

Dear god. Alonso is a human. Driver's drive the car and don't create a team. They don't employ and sack people. Yes they have influence but it only goes so far. He's just unfortunate he hasn't been as fortunate as vettel and lucked into a team on the top of their game. Taking nothing away from vettel.

His Ferrari also doesn't have the testing programme that Schumacher's Ferrari had.

Top Bottom