• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Ce-Lin

According to Marc Gene... Massa noticed he could took advantage of the tow of someone in front of him... and he did, beating Alonso, Alonso who had this strategy with the team to benefit from Massa tow last flying lap was left alone in the dust, after all is said and done he just missed his towed-team mate by 0.010 and managed to beat a Mercedes... ah well, Alonso is really infuriated lol.

edit: Alonso so salty, first thing he said was "100 qualifications, I beat Massa 88-12" hahah is he really counting those ? and he said the "stupid" thing was about RIC messing the Ferrari couple and blaming the team for not noticing before letting them out that RIC was going to get in the middle, and yes Massa was towed, too bad he will be eaten alive by ALO tomorrow in 2 laps.

Addnan

Alonso will probably be up to 2nd and finish there by the end of the first lap. Hulk going back, Webber going back obviously and Massa will move.

Vet, Alo, Web.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
No wonder Lewis said that, his late Parabolica gravel excursion was costly - dirty tyres and lost time due additional lap and quick floor inspection in pit lane. So he ended in traffic and he met Sutil.

Ce-Lin

Also Alonso should focus on his driving, not where Massa is. If Massa went ahead then you could follow him too.

the team messed and let the Ferrari duo out wrong, with RIC racing between them, so Massa of course didn't slow down to wait for Fernando to overtake RIC and when ALO finally did Massa was too "far" to benefit from a tow, Ferrari can't even look at the cars' position on track.

Lach

The fastest Ferrari is a Sauber

Just like last year :)
I think Monza just fits the Sauber which is noticably narrower than the other cars.
Good way for Nico to put his name out there.
For Sauber's sake I hope he stays but I can't blame him if he goes somewhere else...

Disappointed for LH; reckon he had a top 3 in the bag.

Also, his streak of 60-ish consecutive Q3 ends.

Sutill will definitely get a 5-place grid penalty, though. Blatant impeding.

Ce-Lin

LdM admitting Ferrari talks with Kimi, most probably next week Ferrari will confirm Kimi as a 2014 Ferrari driver... the incredible stuff is when asked about ALO he said "we'll see.." lol wth ??

olore

Disappointed for LH; reckon he had a top 3 in the bag.

Also, his streak of 60-ish consecutive Q3 ends.

Sutill will definitely get a 5-place grid penalty, though. Blatant impeding.

Yeah, he's gone to Q3 since Malaysia 2010, too bad the run ended today.

NHale

Just like last year :)
I think Monza just fits the Sauber which is noticably narrower than the other cars.
Good way for Nico to put his name out there.
For Sauber's sake I hope he stays but I can't blame him if he goes somewhere else...

If Sauber 2014 driver lineup is Gutierrez and Sirotkin as expected they might as well close the team.

It's a shame that teams that have the heart in the right place like Williams and Sauber have to choose drivers based on money they bring.

Zeppu

I know Alonso is a fantastic driver but I find him incredibly unlikeable. The team basically bets their everything on him every single time and he keeps acting like a drama queen and like Ferrari isn't doing their utmost for him.

I know Alonso is a fantastic driver but I find him incredibly unlikeable. The team basically bets their everything on him every single time and he keeps acting like a drama queen and like Ferrari isn't doing their utmost for him.

Funny thing is that even at his worst lately he's no-where near as much of an unlikeable arsehole as he used to be.

Omiee

Totally acting like a drama queen. When ever it does not go his way its the teams fault and vettels luck or what ever.

Bullshit

olore

His in-car tirade against Petrov back in 2010 told me everything I needed to know about his character. Still, I admire his skill behind the wheel.

If the smug finger wins tomorrow, I predict a happy and applauding audience

I know Alonso is a fantastic driver but I find him incredibly unlikeable.

A cheat, blackmailer and a stroppy cunt, what's not to like?

Looks like a nice McLaren feature tomorrow on BBC, Mika and DC driving with Button as the engineer.

Did Alonso say "we are stupid" or "you're stupid"?

Alesi translatedit as "you", which would be a no-go imo.

edit: was a different message. Classy Alonso!

Zeknurn

Kimi-Italian-GP-2013.jpg

Haha. Worth quoting.

Did Alonso say "we are stupid" or "you're stupid"?

Alesi translatedit as "you", which would be a no-go imo.

@F1PitRadio: Alonso, spoken in Italian, “So you have to let him go, really *moment of pause* You are stupid! Mamma mia guys!”

I want to see Räikkönen and Hülkenberg at Ferrari next year. New engines, new drivers. Go for it Ferrari.

Omiee

I wish vettel would start using a twitter account and post pics and stuff.

Dislike alonso but he def gives his fans a insight in some of his days

ramparter

Banned
Alonso clearly doesn't get it. It's his ego that causes all of this. Even Schumi that was a jerk behind the wheel knew that he needed the best relationship with his team to succeed.

Who knows, maybe Kimi has already signed and Fernando is a goner. I still hope they replace Massa too. Regardless of what everyone thinks of him, it's now a time another driver gets the opportunity to drive for Ferrari. And I really like Hulk. Actually I respect him so much that I think he deserves a better team than the current Ferrari.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
could totally happen, same as Webber and Vettel, YOLO right ?

and LdM saying if Alonso isn't ahead of Vettel tomorrow they will switch focus to 2014

This cannot happen, because Webber goes backwards everytime he do a standing start lol

I really wonder, how Ferrari and their engine will cope in 2014

Top Bottom