• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

- Both RBR cars had their lights on, because they drove in rain setup to save their gear boxes (softer gear changes). Yes, they still utterly dominated.

I guess they must have had a pretty good idea of the problems early on then. How many more races are those gearboxes due to do? (Or was this its fifth?)

Addnan

I would love CM to surprise me and make a good game but I just don't have faith in them any more with the series.
Not 2013 that's for sure. Have been looking at some of the gameplay, it is just 2012 with updated sponsors. I was reading that they didn't even update some of the tracks that have had some changes done to them.

Risgroo

I've been working on this for months, here's a preview.
40YHGmZ.png

kharma45

Not 2013 that's for sure. Have been looking at some of the gameplay, it is just 2012 with updated sponsors. I was reading that they didn't even update some of the tracks that have had some changes done to them.

Aye I noticed that when they did a lap of Spa they hadn't updated it.

They're a load of lazy fucks with no clue what they're at. How they can make the DiRT games so good yet F1 so bad is beyond me. The sooner they lose the license the better.

Hammer24

Banned
In case someone is interested: Norbert Haug will be live on
RBR
Servus TV today @ 21.15h MEZ. Can be watched free over the Internet here.

Oh, and Christian Horner will be there too. But nobody cares for him, right?

Addnan

Well Massa was a good driver. Strong emphasis on was, nobody can really deny that. Guy was on the verge of being world champion until McLaren paid the other guy to slow down and let Hamilton by.

Today though, he can probably just about justify a Sauber drive.

I forgot how close Massa was in 2007 - even with the old point system.

What went wrong?

He got a spring to the head at 200 MPH.

When Massa was in the lead, nobody would get close to the guy before the incident. And don't forget he would have been world champion had Timo Glock not decided to gift his buddy Lewis the championship in 08 in the last couple of corners.
Or if his engine didn't blow up in the last lap whilst in the lead in Hungary, or if he didn't decide to take the Gas pump with him for a drive through the pit lane in Singapore but whatever

Either way, he was a great driver, but he has never been the same since. Would love to see him successful again, because he seems like a great guy as well, but unfortunately Ferrari can't have him driving their car any longer just based on that.

ramparter

Banned
Guy was on the verge of being world champion until McLaren paid the other guy to slow down and let Hamilton by.
I was also destroyed to see Massa lose it at the very last moment but I can't believe people still think Glock let Lewis pass on prupose. Dry tires under such conditions? It's a miracle he managed to complete that lap.

PS: And yes, Massa was really good before his accident. Or maybe he is still good and Alonso is that better? Next year will show.

NHale

Twitter accounts of paddock members is going ballistic with Alonso rumors....

Some of them are completely convinced Ferrari will overhaul their driver lineup and fire Alonso after his tirade on Saturday.

German press according to Will Buxton are saying he will go to Lotus with Santander sponsoring them and Renault paying his salary which doesn't make any sense imho.

Others are convinced he will return to McLaren replacing Button (which is the reason McLaren didn't taken up his option year yet).

Twitter accounts of paddock members is going ballistic with Alonso rumors....

Some of them are completely convinced Ferrari will overhaul their driver lineup and fire Alonso after his tirade on Saturday.

German press according to Will Buxton are saying he will go to Lotus with Santander sponsoring them and Renault paying his salary which doesn't make any sense imho.

Others are convinced he will return to McLaren replacing Button (which is the reason McLaren didn't taken up his option year yet).

But where would Button go then? I would love Kimi back, he's my favorite driver, but if it would mean losing Alonso, I'm not sure. Based on his performance the last 3 years, I would like for him to have another go at the championship in a Ferrari next year.

There's a new two year contract for Button to sign at McLaren, but he keeps talking about Ferrari:

"Ferrari will always be an option for me," the 2009 world champion is quoted by Brazil's Totalrace, "but there have been no serious discussions.

Kimi and Button at Ferrari?

Hammer24

Banned
I´m still convinced its just smoke and mirrors from the ALO management.
Who´d take him?
LOT can´t afford him. MCL is not going to touch him with a nine foot pole, after what he did to them. Who else could pay his demands AND has a little hope to be competitive next year? And ALO bringing money instead of getting, I just can´t see that.
He is between a rock and a hard place, and he knows it. That's why he´s losing it so often the last couple weeks. Will be a nice blowup next year.

I´m still convinced its just smoke and mirrors from the ALO management.
Who´d take him?
LOT can´t afford him. MCL is not going to touch him with a nine foot pole, after what he did to them. Who else could pay his demands AND has a little hope to be competitive next year? And ALO bringing money instead of getting, I just can´t see that.
He is between a rock and a hard place, and he knows it. That's why he´s losing it so often the last couple weeks. Will be a nice blowup next year.

Sorry Hammer, but thats total nonsense. Please detail how Alonso is losing it so often?
I believe this has more truth to it:
http://www.espn.co.uk/ferrari/motorsport/story/124507.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Dont you running with the Autosport forum rumors too ;)

Hammer24

Banned
Sorry Hammer, but thats total nonsense. Please detail how Alonso is losing it so often?

Well, one thing I learned in 27 years of watching F1: where there is smoke, there usually is some smoldering fire as well in this circus. It can´t be coincidence that since RAI is talking to FER, slight cracks in the happy valley of red racing have appeared. ALO has a history of not getting along with competitive teammates. He´s frustrated by his contract situation, the lack of a fully competitive car for several years running, and now the RAI thing. He did let his frustration show the last couple interviews. Of course the media will blow this out of proportion, but that's still something he usually doesn´t do. He´s showing nerves, and that's nothing you want to see in a live contender for the WDC.

Dont you running with the Autosport forum rumors too ;)

Sorry, don´t know that forum, so I don´t know what rumors they talk about.

Yeah, I bet you have never heard of Autosport and would never visit their forum :D

The only cracks I can see is that the entire team are frustrated that they are head and shoulders above everyone else, except Vettel and that amazing aero package and they are all extremely focused but it just doesn't seem to be working.
They are still behind him.

The teammate thing is total garbage. Pre Alonso Ron Dennis fallout, Fisi, Trulli were regarded as fantastic drivers. Yet now, because of favourtism towards Hamilton back then, Alonso cant take a fast teammate. But everyone forgets that Massa destroyed Kimi post 2007 and that Ferrari retain him because they think he is fast.

As has been said many many times, Ferrari want the strongest package and they thought they had it with Massa. They offered the drive to Webber last year! everyone here thinks Webber is fast, why would Alonso accept him as a teammate???
ergo total garbage.

Hammer24

Banned
Yeah, I bet you have never heard of Autosport and would never visit their forum :D

No, I don´t, sorry.

The only cracks I can see is that the entire team are frustrated that they are head and shoulders above everyone else, except Vettel and that amazing aero package and they are all extremely focused but it just doesn't seem to be working.

Sure, but its not the team doing interviews, ALO is.

The teammate thing is total garbage. Pre Alonso Ron Dennis fallout, Fisi, Trulli were regarded as fantastic drivers. Yet now, because of favourtism towards Hamilton back then, Alonso cant take a fast teammate. But everyone forgets that Massa destroyed Kimi post 2007 and that Ferrari retain him because they think he is fast.

I disagree. Trulli, Fisichella, Webber have all never been serious contenders for the WDC. And despite what many people here think, MAS is no more than a luxury water bearer, just good enough to keep you in the constructors alive.
Hey, if ALO beats RAI next year on a consistent basis - good for him! I just don´t see it. He´ll be faster in the first couple races, as RAI will need time to get reacquainted with the red diva. But what will happen from the second half of the season on?
Whatever, it´ll be fun to watch. :)

As has been said many many times, Ferrari want the strongest package and they thought they had it with Massa. They offered the drive to Webber last year! everyone here thinks Webber is fast, why would Alonso accept him as a teammate???
ergo total garbage.

Lets give this argument another direction, ok? So Merc and FER now have awesome strong driver pairings for next year. Doesn´t this make the RBR move to take RIC rather weak? How will the compete for the constructor next year?

ergo total garbage.

Everyone who have followed F1 for even 1 season would know that Alonso asks to be No.1 in any team he's in or he will create a problem. Happened in Renault, happened in McLaren, and if Kimi joins Ferrari next year and starts kicking his butt royally, he will surely create a problem.

Saying otherwise is pure ignorance. I'm sorry

I disagree entirely, the only thing Alonso said is that he would like a RB for his birthday.
Everyone from Ferrari, if anyone would like to move past the tabloid headlines, has stated that RBR is faster than Ferrari and they really need to improve. Just read any comment from Pat Fry, but as Alonso says, that doesn't sell newspapers :)

Also, you need to pick up a newspaper sometime, Webber was very much a contender for the WDC into the last race of 2010... but I guess that doesn't help anyones argument.

Raik beating Alonso? not going to happen. But 2014 will tell, anyways I think it will be Hulk in the other seat at Ferrari, there can be no other realistic choice.

Your final point, RBR have all the data, they choose Ric not because they like his teeth. He is a very fast driver. Its up to him to deliver, just like the garbage written about Webber v Vettel, Vettel was 2nd in the WDC in 2009... Ric has the same opportunity.

This is a golden age for talent in F1, next year will be platinum.

Everyone who have followed F1 for even 1 season would know that Alonso asks to be No.1 in any team he's in or he will create a problem. Happened in Renault, happened in McLaren, and if Kimi joins Ferrari next year and starts kicking his butt royally, he will surely create a problem.

Saying otherwise is pure ignorance. I'm sorry

I wanna see the 'contracts'!
Total ignorance from you MJ. Just because El Ron promised him number one status and then decided to change that at race 5 doesn't make it true for Alonso. use your own mind. As Coultard says El Ron does a great honeymoon, but his marriage is awful.

Alonso STAMPED his status at Ferrari with results not ink.

What, no Mclaren? :p

lol..

It makes me happy that 2 years ago Lotus (Boullier) screwed up to sign Kimi for 2011 and said silly things like "I need to look him into his eyes and make sure he's motivated".. and now they are so desperate to retain him.

Personally I don't see Kimi moving from Lotus although he wants to.

Lucius86

Banned
I would love CM to surprise me and make a good game but I just don't have faith in them any more with the series.

Well after 2012 there isn't a chance I'm buying another. Truth be told, I'm utterly burnt out on the game series now.

Also, Lotus are the best team by far.

I wanna see the 'contracts'!
Total ignorance from you MJ. Just because El Ron promised him number one status and then decided to change that at race 5 doesn't make it true for Alonso. use your own mind. As Coultard says El Ron does a great honeymoon, but his marriage is awful.

Alonso STAMPED his status at Ferrari with results not ink.

What contracts are you talking about? I never mentioned contracts, but if you would like to talk about them, how do you know that Alonso doesn't have a clause in his Ferrari contract to promise priority?

Top Bottom