• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Mastah

When Massa was in the lead, nobody would get close to the guy before the incident.

That's because he had the best car in the field in 2006-2008. This guy was dominated in Sauber by Fisichella in 2004 and by 37 years old Schumacher in Ferrari in 2006. The only thing that allowed him to score so many poles and wins in 2007 and 2008 seasons was lack of top driver in the second Ferrari seat.

And don't forget he would have been world champion had Timo Glock not decided to gift his buddy Lewis the championship in 08 in the last couple of corners.

How many times this ridiculous myth has to be debunked? Both Toyotas stayed on slicks and by that gamble they gained positions over those who pitted for inters. With 2 laps to go it started to rain heavily, Trulli lost position to Kovalainen, and Glock to Vettel and Hamilton. Both Glock and Trulli clocked the same time on the last lap.

How do you know that they do??? you claimed it was pure ignorance to think otherwise! :DDDD

I didn't base what I said on "contracts" everyone knows from all Alonso's actions that he asks for preferential treatment and always rebels on his team in bad times.

Maybe you were not following the sport for long enough to know that, but his late shenanigans with Ferrari are very mild compared to what he did and said about Renault in 2006 and also McLaren in 2007

Mastah

One engineer who has worked closely with [Alonso and Raik] is in no doubt. [about who is better]

"I think Alonso, pretty convincingly," he said. "Everywhere - especially qualifying and the first laps of the race."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24016050

roll on 2014 if the rumors are true!

Of course they are true. Kubica in 2010 Renault lemon was in Top 4 of qualifying 3 times. Raikkonen in 2012 and 2013 Lotus was 4 times in Top 4 in qualifying. That says it all.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Alonso-Kimi pairing. Many questions would be answered once and for all. I think Kimi would be very good number 2 driver, unless someone thinks 2007-2009 seasons didn't happen and somehow Kimi would challenge Fernando without any simulator sessions or interacting with mechanics or engineers on the highest level, as he doesn't speak Italian.

Zeppu

Kimi coming second with last year's relatively shitty car looked like a guy whose dog just died. No way would he accept to be a #2 driver in a team.

Omiee

Kimi and alonso in the same car will be fun to see. Kimi has been doing a decent job in that slow lotus. Cant wait to see what he will do in a faster ferrari.

Im really concerned about rbr's chances next year with the new rules.

NHale

I´m still convinced its just smoke and mirrors from the ALO management.
Who´d take him?
LOT can´t afford him. MCL is not going to touch him with a nine foot pole, after what he did to them. Who else could pay his demands AND has a little hope to be competitive next year? And ALO bringing money instead of getting, I just can´t see that.
He is between a rock and a hard place, and he knows it. That's why he´s losing it so often the last couple weeks. Will be a nice blowup next year.

Everyone thought the same thing regarding Kimi going to Ferrari. "He would never accept Ferrari after the way the get rid of him. He hates LdM." and now we are days away from him being announced as Ferrari driver for 2014.

Never say never...

ramparter

Banned
I don't think Kimi goes to Ferrari as No 2. Not because is Kimi but because Ferrai don't want Alonso to behave like a diva anymore. I believe LdM is trying to show Fernando who is running this team.

Kimi and alonso in the same car will be fun to see. Kimi has been doing a decent job in that slow lotus. Cant wait to see what he will do in a faster ferrari.

Im really concerned about rbr's chances next year with the new rules.

RedBull have a strong team and a big budget. They'll be fine.

Zeppu

I don't think Kimi goes to Ferrari as No 2. Not because is Kimi but because Ferrai don't want Alonso to behave like a diva anymore. I believe LdM is trying to show Fernando who is running this team.

Probably a mixture of both. LdM might want to put Alonso in his place. At the same time, Kimi would only accept is he isn't given a #2 position. Thing is, that the jump between salaries given by Ferrari and the rest of the teams is massive so probably Alonso won't really consider leaving either. I doubt he'd join Hamilton at Merc who seem to offer similar salaries.

Zeppu

I have no idea. I just found what the previous post was referencing. So many alonso pages, none of which are verified.

I still don't believe that Kimi is going to Ferrari..

Only an official announcement would do for me.. I actually still think that it's very unlikely to happen..

I'd be very happy if I was wrong

Probably cause there's less whining on it.

LOL

I'm checking other forums and everyone is pretty convinced that Kimi is heading there and it's only pending the announcement.. What has changed? LdM comments meant nothing, and those websites that "confirmed" it could be just looking for clicks

Am I missing something?

Zeppu

LOL

I'm checking other forums and everyone is pretty convinced that Kimi is heading there and it's only pending the announcement.. What has changed? LdM comments meant nothing, and those websites that "confirmed" it could be just looking for clicks

Am I missing something?

The most revelatory and convincing thing was when EJ tricked Boullier and asked him who's going to be replacing Kimi next year.

The most revelatory and convincing thing was when EJ tricked Boullier and asked him who's going to be replacing Kimi next year.

Is there a video for that? Because I still think it's a normal question given that Kimi hasn't signed yet

So you triple post :p.

The rumours are just from sources of the reporters, who they are who knows. Kimi said he will make decision within 48 hours. Not long to go now.

I read that somewhere.. Was it another website or it's true and came from Kimi or his management?

Addnan

Is there a video for that? Because I still think it's a normal question given that Kimi hasn't signed yet

I read that somewhere.. Was it another website or it's true and came from Kimi or his management?

I read it on autosport, they don't say way they got it from though. Ferrari are set to announce their driver line up this week, so that would make sense.

Edit: BBC rarely put up rumours.

Kimi Raikkonen is on the verge of being confirmed as a Ferrari driver for next year's Formula 1 season.
The Finn's deal to rejoin the team for whom he won the world title in 2007 is said to have been completed on Monday and could be announced imminently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24016050

NHale

LOL

Am I missing something?

Because people on the paddock have been hearing this for a couple of days. Things are rarely secret on F1 and it just takes 1 person to leak it to a friend on the press and stuff start to spread.

For example Abad always leaks stuff to the same Spanish press members, so everytime anything regarding Alonso gets reported by them is because Abad leaked it to them (like the poor Jerez test last year, where the Spanish press reported that Ferrari's car was terrible after day 1...)

So you triple post :p.

The rumours are just from sources of the reporters, who they are who knows. Kimi said he will make decision within 48 hours. Not long to go now.

Of course it's 48h because Massa already admitted he has a meeting at Maranello on Wednesday morning and he doesn't expect to Ferrari announce the 2nd driver before his meeting (already a sign he knows he's not the chosen one). The hiring of Kimi is expected to be announced after that meeting with LdM.

TCRS

Banned
Alonso and Kimi both in the Ferrari.. that'd e fucking awesome!! Both my favourite drivers in my favourite team. Though I have to wonder how that's going to affect Alonsos relationship with the team. Maybe it's motivation to him? I know he doesn't like equal drivers and wants to be the undisputed No. 1, but who knows...

jey_16

Banned
I would take Hulk over Kimi as a Ferrari fan....they paid him $20m not to drive and now they want him back? Kimi at Lotus keeps them strong which is good for the sport and I see a lot of potential in Hulk, would make a good German superteam when Vettel joins in 2016

All things considered, I wonder how long will it take, from the start of the new season with the superteam, until Fernando goes off on one of his implosions? 30, 60, 90 days?

Massa

He got a spring to the head at 200 MPH.

When Massa was in the lead, nobody would get close to the guy before the incident. And don't forget he would have been world champion had Timo Glock not decided to gift his buddy Lewis the championship in 08 in the last couple of corners.
Or if his engine didn't blow up in the last lap whilst in the lead in Hungary, or if he didn't decide to take the Gas pump with him for a drive through the pit lane in Singapore but whatever

Either way, he was a great driver, but he has never been the same since. Would love to see him successful again, because he seems like a great guy as well, but unfortunately Ferrari can't have him driving their car any longer just based on that.

Well, he's never been the same because when he came back to F1 he was in a different team, Alonso's Ferrari. The guy needed to regain confidence after the accident, Ferrari pretty much shattered it.

The Kimi news is exciting to me as a Ferrari hater, not so much as a Kimi fan.

Pimpwerx

He got a spring to the head at 200 MPH.

When Massa was in the lead, nobody would get close to the guy before the incident. And don't forget he would have been world champion had Timo Glock not decided to gift his buddy Lewis the championship in 08 in the last couple of corners.
Or if his engine didn't blow up in the last lap whilst in the lead in Hungary, or if he didn't decide to take the Gas pump with him for a drive through the pit lane in Singapore but whatever

Either way, he was a great driver, but he has never been the same since. Would love to see him successful again, because he seems like a great guy as well, but unfortunately Ferrari can't have him driving their car any longer just based on that.

A career lapdog who's tenure as "great driver" lasted all of a season and a half? I don't know if we should be lowering the bar so much. Massa's career has matched his driving style, totally inconsistent. Almost champion isn't good enough. PEACE.

ramparter

Banned
LOL

Am I missing something?
Truth cannot stay hidden for a long time. I think that pretty much most in the paddocks now know. Those so spoken 'reliable sources' have been talking more and more. Right now I'm pretty convinced it's a done deal.

Why are all Alonso fans panicking over the possibility of Kimi accompanying monobrow?

I thought that the theory of Massa > Kimi + Alonso > Massa = Alonso >(x2) Kimi stands right?

I can't wait to see the outcome and I'm quite confident of the result

.. btw that's me trying not to get over excited over unconfirmed news..

Top Bottom