• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

NHale

The picture he chose on Instagram makes me sad. He clearly deserved a better ending at Ferrari than this.

Can Massa get backing from people in Brazil? Money kinda backing. There are a lot of midfield teams that could do with a decent driver that comes with money.

If young talent like Razia and Nasr can't find money to buy a spot at Marussia, I doubt Massa will find the money to get a spot at a midfield team.

And it's a shame that once again Massa lost a good opportunity to not humiliate himself when he announced that he will try to find a place to win races and fight for championship which only set him up for fail once again.

He didn't need to announce this, just say "This announcement don't mean I'm retiring of F1 and I'm excited for the future".

Addnan

Which teams though? Sauber are fully loaded up with Mexican and Russian money, Force India seem stable enough, Toro Rosso will promote from the Red Bull Driver Academy. Perhaps Williams if Maldonado is now unable to rely on state funding, but otherwise there aren't that many opportunities about.

Sauber can always do with more money plus they need a driver. Hulk won't be there next season.

TCRS

Banned
YEzIaiB.jpg

;__; the feels.. they're coming back..

They would be crazy to go with two kids. Team is doomed if they don't have a slightly more experienced driver. If they are crazy enough to go with an 18 year old surely they have to drop Gutierrez.

They would, no doubt, but money talks and Telmex/Claro is Sauber's primary sponsor, so I can't see Gutierrez being pushed out.

And if he can't get a superlicense, there may be no deal at all if rumours are accurate.

As much as it's crazy to stick an 18 year old straight into an F1 car, I hope he does get a superlicense if him not doing so means Sauber will struggle to survive.

f0rk

At Silverstone 2012 I bought a McLaren Hamilton cap.
At Silverstone 2013 I bought a Lotus Raikkonen cap.

Who do you guys want to move for 2015?

If Massa stays in F1, Smedley will go with him.

I can't see Massa staying though.

Kimi will get destroyed by Alonso next year.

Wana bet? ;) This time something big and I will let you honor it

I'll be a happy man if Massa moves to Lotus and they become mighty competitive next year

Kimi will get destroyed by Alonso next year.

Given Hamilton's performance against Alonso, and Button's performance against Hamilton, I think I've learnt not to bother with such predictions. No matter what happens, it's bound to be the largest talking point of next year. Who needs all that other new guff?

Mobius 1

Felipe :(

He always deserved more, and like Rubens, staying a Ferrari will be more of a disservice to his career when all is said and done. A true sportsman. I'm sure he will get a seat.

Now I can't wait to see the mess that will ensue when Domenicali issues a team order next year. Neither Alonso nor Raikkonen will comply. It's going to be glorious.

Deadman

Its sad that he never regained his form. Perhaps he will at another team or in another series. Brazil 2008 was probably the most excited ive been watching f1.

Have to admit im looking foward to alonso vs raikkonen though.

pappe

Kimi and Alonso at Ferrari in 2014.... The dream team. I predict its gonna get really ugly. F1 teams cant work with two top class drivers.

Question is.. for whom will it end in tears?

Happy that Massa is gone from that seat, but sad to see him go. He's without question a very good guy. Get a place in Miami (I think he may already have one), and find something to do over here.

Kimi and Alonso should be fun to watch. With the massive changes to the cars next year, it certainly gives Kimi the best chance to compete on a level playing field. Mid-season testing should help too, if he needs it. If all this went down last year, I think it would have made for a much tougher challenge. Having it happen for 2014 is perfect. No excuses, may the best man win.... or not since I don't think they'll have anything like the fastest car.

NHale

Felix da Costa is trying to find money from Portuguese companies/marketing campaigns (Galp Energia, Turismo do Algarve and EDP) that will help him seal the deal on a 1-year deal + 1 option year at Toro Rosso.

Despite being unimpressed with his performance this year, RBR doesn't want to repeat the Alguersuari mistake and promote Kvyat or Sainz Jr. too early.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Is Rory Byrne going full ham on the 2014 Ferrari?

I think that his presence will not help Ferrari as much as fans believe (also his best cars were designed in era of 24/7 testing in Fiorano), their main problem will be IMO the engine. But as I said before, everything can happen in 2014.

pants

"For next year, I want to find a team that can give me a competitive car to win many more races and challenge for the championship which remains my greatest objective!"
lol massa

get out

pants

Why? it almost happened with Rubens in Brawn, and if you think of it, with the rules changing this is actually better for him as if he had stayed he would never win it with Ferrari. Not if Alonso was his teammate at least

I wish him good luck

Let's not pretend the likes of Barrichello, Massa or Irvine (and I fucking love Irvine) can win a championship unless they luck into a Brawn GP situation and their teammate is an absolute turnip.

No secret in this thread that I feel Massa has been a waste of space for ages, I'm glad he's leaving the top seats, the only place I want him to go is somewhere like Caterham to help them develop.

Pimpwerx

Sucks for Massa, but he frankly sucked. Kimi-Alonso will definitely be the best driver tandem on the grid next year. I'm eager to see how they get along...or don't lol. PEACE.

Lach

Already confirmed that Sirotkin will drive for Sauber next year.

Well he still needs that super licence and I have my doubts he can do it.

If he does get it and gets the seat, I don't think they'll go with Guttierez and Sirotkin. That would be a very weak driver duo. Actually thinking about it, it would be cool if Massa went back to his roots for a season or two. I don't think he'd find a better seat than a sauber...

Top Bottom