• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Addnan

Is that the extent of their historic mode? A bunch of cars from different eras evened out in performance and racing against each other. Full grids from specific years with different handling characteristics would have been much more interesting.

Yeah, that's going to be weird. I just want to drive the 2013 cars around the old tracks.

DD

LOL, it seems that Ricciardo's butt is too big for the RBs.

Charge-Daniel-Ricciardo.jpg

What? How does that work? It's not like he's a chub or Villeneuve or anything.

I think Dan told James Allen before the Channel 10 coverage Sunday night that his hips were just wider than Vettel/Webber's. Nothing to do with weight, just an anatomical difference.

Shaneus

Don't forget the difference in he physics.
Know what I take solace in? The guys who make Game Stock Car (Reiza) are the guys also working on the officially licensed Senna game. Can you imagine it? Proper physics in an officially-licenced (albeit, not from FIA but whatever) F1 game... from the best era ever. The side-by-side of it (when it eventually comes out) and the classics mode of F1 2013 will be a bloodbath.

Addnan

Just read it on reddit re Maldonado to Lotus with PDVSA money. How can it happen without dropping Grosjean? He brings in Total money, an oil and gas company.

Just read it on reddit re Maldonado to Lotus with PDVSA money. How can it happen without dropping Grosjean? He brings in Total money, an oil and gas company.

Is Total his? I thought they and Lotus just wanted a French Driver, Loldonado and JEV, he's been rumoured to be a Lotus target for a while.

F1 2013 has Lauda's '76 Ferrari but not Hunt's McLaren. Codemasters incompetence once again. It would make more sense to just have the McLaren since it won but no, Codemasters.

F1 2013 has Lauda's '76 Ferrari but not Hunt's McLaren. Codemasters incompetence once again. It would make more sense to just have the McLaren since it won but no, Codemasters.

Simraceway have an exclusive contract for McLaren racing cars, Turn 10 beat them to the punch in doing a deal. It's also why that official Senna game won't feature McLaren F1 cars.

Nolan.

"It is a big, big technical challenge next year. Both drivers have to put a lot into that and I don't think Fernando will be too happy if it is all one sided.' -Mark Webber

damn straight, get in the simulator kimi

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-webber-says-raikkonen-good-alonso-095100542--f1.html?

It will definitely be interesting to watch. Ferrari must have some confidence in re-signing him but personally I don't see it ending well. Not because of Kimi's commitment but one driver is likely to come out of this looking a bit less glossy than he was before. Plus the circumstances that allowed for Kimi to get the best out of himself and the car may not magically surface the same way at Ferrari. I'm glad that Ferrari has signed him to put another interesting pair together on the grid however I continue to wonder about their strategy of just buying success from the other garages to fix their issues.

It will definitely be interesting to watch. Ferrari must have some confidence in re-signing him but personally I don't see it ending well. Not because of Kimi's commitment but one driver is likely to come out of this looking a bit less glossy than he was before. Plus the circumstances that allowed for Kimi to get the best out of himself and the car may not magically surface the same way at Ferrari. I'm glad that Ferrari has signed him to put another interesting pair together on the grid however I continue to wonder about their strategy of just buying success from the other garages to fix their issues.

Well, Kimi is very much a product of Ferrari as much as he was McLaren's. They MADE him a WDC.

When was the last driver to win his maiden WDC with Ferrari? I want to know the answer for that :)

Top Bottom