• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

lol, Ecclestone is a god tier troll:

However, F1 surpremo Ecclestone is confident the Vettel era won't go on forever.

"His domination will end, maybe in 2014. We're going to have completely new cars, new engines, new rules," Ecclestone told Germany's Bild.

"That will be the chance for Ferrari and Mercedes to catch up with Vettel. Next year it might not be the best driver but the best car that wins the title."

Bless!

Lju0oJF.jpg

NNNOoooooo LOL..

I love Lauda. Says it as it is. We have 3 in F1 who do that. Kimi, Webber and Lauda..

Webber can be an amazing team principal. I'd put him in Dominicali's place lol

dubc35

As a yearly title, F1 2013 has what you would expect; all the features from the last game, a new coat of paint, and a few additions. Cars and drivers are updated, so you’ll find Lewis Hamilton in a pretty competitive Mercedes and Sergio Perez in a useless McLaren, and of course, you can fulfill your life-long dream of being Max Chilton.
lol

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-23w1x9z.gif

This game is going to be terrible. Will buy. Maybe.
Nice 1st post!

Zeppu

That thread made me realize how much I miss F1 gifs. Last year we used to have wave after wave of awesome gifs. This year we get wave after wave of excuses for Alonso.

NHale

That thread made me realize how much I miss F1 gifs. Last year we used to have wave after wave of awesome gifs. This year we get wave after wave of excuses for Alonso.

Posts like this are probably the reason we don't have gifs anymore. So congrats.

Hammer24

Banned
Bernie is not going to give the teams more money for the more races (when has he, ever?). So there is a very good chance for the engine limit to go up to six as a compromise. Big teams will love it, small teams will be furious. Customer engines will be around $2mil a pop. Compare this to $75k a pop for a Cosworth WIL just recently paid. (Yes I know, the manufacturers need to get some r&d costs back)

ramparter

Banned
Trap is set. MWHAHAHAHA.

Most people like F1 games though lol, they don't see the flaws we see.

It's not like thay have an option. I remember playing current season mods in older F1 games but then they get so old you can't return to the same old engine. Who knows maybe SMS Project Cars could become a good F1 mods hosting game.

DD

Minardi raises Vettel 'traction control' doubts

"It's not my intention to devalue Sebastian Vettel, who always manages his Red Bull in the best way," he told his website.

"I just want to tell what I personally saw and heard during the three day event," Minardi explained.

He said he is concerned that, while only just ahead of the likes of Lotus' Romain Grosjean and Mercedes' Nico Rosberg in the pre-race sessions, the reason for Vettel's subsequent dominance at key moments on Sunday is "not clear".

Referring to the stretch leading into the first chicane, Minardi said Vettel was able to negotiate it "without making any corrections, unlike all his rivals and also his teammate" Mark Webber.

"His laptime was also remarkable in T3, which is the track's sector with the highest concentration of corners," he added.

"On the same stretch, Sebastian was able to speed up 50 metres before any other driver, Webber included."

But the handling of the Red Bull was not the only thing troubling Minardi.

"The thing that surprised me the most was the engine's sound," he said.

"It sounded like none of the other Renault engines on track, including Mark's. It sounded similar to the engines in past seasons when traction control went into action.

"Furthermore, that sound was only heard when Vettel chalked up his excellent performances," added Minardi. "For example, after the safety car went in. In those moments it was more powerful (sounding) than any other engines -- Renault and the other brands.

"I would like to have some answers," he continued. "I don't want to blame anyone, I just want to get to the bottom of it."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/minardi-raises-vettel-traction-control-doubts/

moojito

Aye, wasn't Brundle quoted as saying he thought it sounded like it was cutting down to 4 cylinders at times, like a ghetto traction control system? The plot thickens!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Probably RBR found another grey area in the rules and now they are exploiting it and it is so much obvious due to everybody already thinking on 2014...

Schumi didn't even make it all the way through his first championship before he was accused of having traction control. Guess that's one record Vettel isn't going to take.

NHale

After the last race and this weekend results, the only way Antonio Felix da Costa isn't driving for Toro Rosso next year is if he badmouths the wonderkid in a interview.

Magnussen needs rewarding with Perez's seat when he wraps up the title, Sport Bild say McLaren have received no money from Telmex so there's no reason to keep this no hoper in the team.

Vettel's subsequent dominance at key moments on Sunday is "not clear".

How was it not clear?

Vettel had fresher tyres and was told to go all balls blazing whereas Rosberg was whining over the radio when the team told him to push. Also, Mr. Minardi needs to get his hearing checked.

Top Bottom