• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Foshy

So I was bored and messed around in Photoshop a bit, here's the result:

4TeuP.png

You'll probably know the original, tried to put an F1 spin on it :)

Bild say Alonso will move to McLaren next season with Honda putting up half the cash to get him, they also say McLaren have signed two RedBull engineers. The Dynamic Duo?

Redbull Racing - R.I.P

Is that Quantum F1 account legit? They're following Honda so maybe an engine switch is on the cards for 2015? Honda said they wanted to supply more than one team when they return.

Nicktendo86

Bild say Alonso will move to McLaren next season with Honda putting up half the cash to get him, they also say McLaren have signed two RedBull engineers. The Dynamic Duo?

Redbull Racing - R.I.P

Is that Quantum F1 account legit? They're following Honda so maybe an engine switch is on the cards for 2015? Honda said they wanted to supply more than one team when they return.

Please god let these be true. Who would leave, Perez?

Shaneus

Is this for next year? If so, then it means that we can say Webber really was the core of the group and without him RBR are nothing
lol

Zeppu

Perfect acknowledgement that the key talent at RBR isn't Vettel. Nice one.

Vettel doesn't need to leave Red Bull when key talent leaves if he isn't key talent. But if he is key talent then when key talent leaves Vettel has to leave too because he's part of the key talent. Therefore it's actually proof that Vettel is key talent.

Q.E.D.

Whitmarsh at Suzuka said his dream line-up at McLaren would be Alonso and Vettel. Is Vettel's contract up at the end of next season?

Who are the Dynamic Duo?

Newey and Prodromou.

AMuS and Allen says it's RB's number 2 aero guy which means the Redbull Racing era of domination is done for. I for one will welcome our new McLaren-Honda overlords.

The Red Bullies are trying to make out that Prodromou cannot start at Woking until 2015. That is pure bull. It is a magnificent irony, but no F1 aerodynamicist can be kept out of the market for more than six months because that would effect their ability to work in F1. That ruling dates back about 15 years to when a Mr Newey applied to the court in order to escape from Williams to work with McLaren.

Horner to make him clean the bogs for the remainder of his contract?

Zeknurn

Hamilton and Vettel in the same team would be quite the thing but I don't see Mercedes dropping Britney.

Perfect acknowledgement that the key talent at RBR isn't Vettel. Nice one.

Oh you.

AMuS and Allen says it's RB's number 2 aero guy which means the Redbull Racing era of domination is done for. I for one will welcome our new McLaren-Honda overlords.

With Honda returning, McLaren signing key Red Bull talent and Alonso driving for them it's hard to see the Red Bull domination not directly transfer to McLaren. If that happens I wonder if I will be able to keep my interest in the sport.

Bernie should force these aero guys to work for every team.

RayStorm

Why do I read speculation about Alonso leaving Ferrari next year but no speculation about who takes his place if Hülkenberg signs with Lotus?

Why do I read speculation about Alonso leaving Ferrari next year but no speculation about who takes his place if Hülkenberg signs with Lotus?

Because it's obvious that Hamilton Will join Ferrari.

Also, tabacco companies should be allowed to decorate cars again. Marlboro isn't paying all that money to Ferrari for nothing (Well actually they are).

Because it's obvious that Hamilton Will join Ferrari.

Also, tabacco companies should be allowed to decorate cars again. Marlboro isn't paying all that money to Ferrari for nothing (Well actually they are).

You should get into politics. I wanna hear other rules you might think benefit companies and hurt people.

Edit: Ps. I also miss the tobacco days. But not that much.

You should get into politics. I wanna hear other rules you might think benefit companies and hurt people.

Edit: Ps. I also miss the tobacco days. But not that much.

That's not the first time somebody suggested me I should get into politics! Thanks for the advice brother!

Some of my other ideas:
- Free gasoline and a ban on the Prius. Oil companies are struggling, need all the help they can get. Also, the North Pole will be fair ground for them, need to get all the oil they can get.
- Will put out a warrent for an arrest for Vettel (This one if for me).
- Nuclear power plants will be the central heart of big cities. All the homes/school will be as close as possible, so that the electricity doesn't have to travel so far. Less wastage, less costs for the Energy companies.
- I will close all museums and libraries, burning the books and paintings. Force people to make new stuff. Also cutting on the government budget that goes to those places.
- V12 engines will make a return to F1, no more budgets, unlimited testing, will cut half the rule book. Let's get crazy, see if we can break some speed records.

There was a blog post linked in this thread that had a rating system for up and coming F1 potential drivers. I wish I could find it, because I'd bet he's in there somewhere with a ranking.

Found it, but he's not listed sadly.

http://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/its-a-long-way-to-the-top/

I'd like to see what his score would be though. Maybe I'll do the calc tomorrow.

Well hello Frijns.

Thanks for the laugh ´_´ You have my vote. Bringing back V12s would be nice.

One vote, only a couple more million to go.

I always wonder how fast they can make the cars go if there truly were barely any limits. The cars would probably be able to pull insane amounts of G forces, not sure if drivers are able to even drive then. Will probably be like that Gran Turismo car by Newey.

NHale

Yeah, just looking him up. 2nd in GP3 currently, 2nd in Formula Renault 2.0 (2012).

I thought de Costa was a sure thing?

He couldn't get the money necessary to get the seat. Portugal is not really on a great time to throw money away for F1...

According to some Portuguese newspapers (which the source is clearly Felix da Costa), Toro Rosso decided to do an auction for the seat. They invited da Costa, Razia, Vandoorne and Kvyat. The Russian money won.

Found it, but he's not listed sadly.

http://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/its-a-long-way-to-the-top/

I'd like to see what his score would be though. Maybe I'll do the calc tomorrow.

He's actually a good driver with a lot of potential. However he's going to F1 too quickly and he even acknowledge it a couple of weeks ago. He was convinced it would be better him to go to WSR for 1 year and then get the Toro Rosso seat in 2015.

Also don't be shocked if Felix da Costa drives for Toro Rosso in 2014. It wouldn't be the last time that Marko and Tost decide to do a total makeover of their lineup.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Vandoorne was offered the seat but turned it down as it was only for one year.
Says he is waiting for better chance in future (from McLaren)

And the Russian soft drinks market was worth nearly $15B last year so some nice Red Bull marketing available there...

Top Bottom