• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Fuckin' hell:

1384269961.jpg

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111262

They were talking about ugly thin walrus noses, but I never thought it will be something so ugly like that D:

That would be awful, :lol

I heard Coca Cola was going to potentially sponsor them?

Coca-Cola was the first rumoured title sponsor, then came Gillette and now the latest one is Samsung in the latest issue of F1 Racing.

Samsung McLaren-Mercedes / Honda sounds better than the others so hopefully it's true.

However, if their car wasn't utter shit this year I think the results would have been much different.

Two drivers had that shit car and ones got near double the points of the other, Perez had to go, he's just a mediocre driver with a shit attitude - in Button and Magnussen we trust.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
That looks very like a render I saw on F1 technical a while ago.
A hooked nose with gap either side to allow air under the nose and into the rear diffuser.

edit:
Found the render from Oct:
fyqx.png

ynfq.png

Holy shit, ha!

You can always count on the FIA to not be specific enough with the rules, allowing things like shlong nose to slip through the cracks. The jokes are going to be never-ending with this one.

Perez says he's done a good job, some people at McLaren are bad, they lack humility, the car is bad:

ODEwenqm.jpg

Whitmarsh should get Magnussen in the car for FP1 at the last two races.

Massa

Fuckin' hell:

http://cdn.images.autosport.com/editorial/1384269961.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111262[/url]

They were talking about ugly thin walrus noses, but I never thought it will be something so ugly like that D:[/QUOTE]

I think it looks cute!

[IMG]http://www.imms.org/images/dolphin_presentation/dolphin1.jpg

Lach

So apparently (and I know that you have to be suspicious of sentences beginning with "so apparently") Hulk was offered a seat for the last two races at Lotus, as a Kimi replacement. It would probably have served as some kind of trial period. Hulk denied...

Zeknurn

It makes sense for Hülkenberg to not burn bridges with Sauber if he wants to stay there when Maldonado buys the seat at Lotus.

I hope it's not gonna turn a Villeneuve all over again.

It will. Showing up with helmet in hand and be competitive is, imo, all but impossible. It's even more difficult now with these damn tires that he's got no experience with. He's going to get blown out of the water. However, it should be an interesting test of just how important these simulators are. If he happens to hang in there and do OK, I think it will a testament to that.

Nasr won't be the Williams reserve driver and has signed a contract for next season according to the guy who revealed Massa to Williams.

Sauber or Force India.

di Resta is done.

pants

Nasr won't be the Williams reserve driver and has signed a contract for next season according to the guy who revealed Massa to Williams.

Sauber or Force India.

di Resta is done.

Less holes for Hulk, Maldonado and Perez to fit into, it's all going to end in tears for at least one of these guys.

cmr-94

This is getting crazy - is worst comes to worst and RB dominate 2014, at least there will be plenty to watch up and down the grid

Party time!

Whitmarsh response:

“First of all, we would like to thank Checo for his kind and gracious statement, and for being a fine team member during the 2013 Formula 1 season. There are still two grands prix yet to run this year, and our collective focus is on scoring as many points as we can in those two remaining races.

“Checo has made many friends during his time at McLaren – and, together, as a team, we intend to do our utmost to help him finish his year with us with two good results, especially here in Austin, where he has so many fans. We wish him well for the future, and are sure that he will have many successes ahead of him.

“As regards our driver line-up for next year, no 2014 deal has yet been signed with any driver except Jenson, and we therefore have nothing further to announce at this time. As and when that situation progresses, we will make a further announcement accordingly.”

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Its feels like F1 drivers market is in transition.
This could be the biggest driver change across the grid in a decade.

Kimi and Button cant have more than 2 seasons left also, in fact I reckon, Button is gone from McLaren after 2014 with Alonso being Honda's big signing.

Omiee

well that would make the cars but ugly. I hate how the FIa is forcing all these rules because they think its the best for the sport.

Top Bottom