• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

kharma45

Those noses do look ugly, but I wonder if anyone will manage to make it look good or am I hoping too hard that we'll end up with something like this?

568x300_mclaren1_n.jpg

in fact I reckon, Button is gone from McLaren after 2014 with Alonso being Honda's big signing.

Yeah, the only way I realistically see Button wanting staying for 2015 is if he has an absolutely blinding year next year - but even then, maybe he'd be happy to go out on a high.

And that's just considering what he wants, let alone McLaren.

Mastah

Maldonado, charming as usual:

"I am very happy," he said ahead of an appearance at the FOTA Fan Forum in Austin.

"Since a couple of months I was in conversation with the team and I wanted to leave the team. That is it. I am very happy for that.

"It was my decision. In Singapore I decide to leave the team more or less and it was 100 per cent my decision."

Talking about his reasons for leaving, Maldonado went as far as suggesting that Williams had ultimately not given him the car that he thinks he deserves.

"I think I delivered more to the team than they for me," he explained.

"We find a victory, we find a very good result last year, and even this year we have been doing quite well races. But this is not everything.

"I am waiting for something more, I am expecting something more from F1."

When asked why the relationship with the team had turned bad after a season like 2012 where they had won a race, Maldonado said: "Maybe I am learning more this year than last year.

"For sure it was a tough year, very hard for all the team, and my decision was because I was not good [happy] enough in the team personally.

"I wanted to try something different, and maybe it is a very important time for me and my career. It is a tough decision but a great one."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111289

Lach

Sauber seems to still have a financial problem. Kanton Zürich (goverment) is enforcing debt on them for open energy bills.

I think they still haven't seen any of that russian money...Maybe Maldonado would look like a nice opportunity for them....

The car looks great and I still can't wait for the first few races (I expect them to be messy as hell).

In other news, Heikki is already at Lotus.

MiQfPCQ.png

It's good to see him back, as he deserves it, but I still wish they picked Valsecchi over him. But they need as many points as possible, which I get.

Yeah. Heikki was easily the best option available if they want to get maximum points from the last two races. if this would have happened in the middle of the season they would have given Valsecchi a chance for sure.

Fisico

Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener 6h
#F1 Story that Ferrari paid @NicoHulkenberg salary to prevent him driving for Lotus are complete rubbish, a Sauber spokesman confirmed.

Even if it was true Sauber wouldn't say otherwise, but yeah most likely BS.

PDVSA president says Maldonado will drive for Lotus in 2014: http://www.el-nacional.com/deportes/Presidente-Pdvsa-confirmo-Maldonado-Lotus_0_300570174.html

Slasher staying put at Force India:

Tanja Bauer ‏@Sky_Tanja

#skyf1 seems like adrian sutil stays at force india! he just said he will wear the same team shirt next year. good news for him!

McLaren offered Perez a new contract with performance clauses, Perez turned it down as he thought he deserved a two-year deal with a pay rise - lol

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1955821&s=mot&type=column

Zeknurn

Zeknurn

@Lotus_F1Team: Statement: As planned, Kimi Räikkönen underwent back surgery yesterday at The University Hospital of Strasbourg.
@Lotus_F1Team: Lotus F1 Team is happy to report that the operation was totally successful, according to Professor Afshin Gangi.

Great news.

Leunam

Time to break out the other telescopic handler.

Also, 'ol Button has a three place grid penalty for overtaking under a red flag.

Worst world champ ever.

Perez making a bit of a late point. Nice job by Heikki and appalling job by Rosberg.

Edit - lol, Maldonado accusing engineers of fucking with his car.

Top Bottom