• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

duckroll

So do we think that Webber is right to be pissed off? If Sub was really told to hold position and Mark was informed with that then Seb's attack came as a surprise?

Webber has every right to be pissed off. He has respected team orders all his career, especially when the positions are reversed. Vettel has benefited many times from that, so to go against team orders just to get a win for himself is kinda a dick move.

BAW

Banned
I'm not clear as to what happened with Hamilton's fuel, did they not give him enough to finish the race in full speed mode or something?

I don't think this is the case, teams always make sure to put in the exact amount of fuel required to finish the race under normal conditions but not have any left afterwards, as that would be just ballast. I can only assume that Hamilton found himself around some more fuel-sapping situation than usual, thus causing him this fuel shortage problem during the later stages of the race.

And yes this means that Brawnhammer's excuse that both cars must end the race in 1 piece does not hold any water, when you are on fuel saving mode you are way slower than any car behind you, Brawn just wanted to keep tensions low within his team. This doesn't mean I believe that maintaining the status quo between teammates during the dying stages of the race is not a good strategy, because I think it is.

Mobius 1

Webber has every right to be pissed off. He has respected team orders all his career, especially when the positions are reversed. Vettel has benefited many times from that, so to go against team orders just to get a win for himself is kinda a dick move.

Indeed.

Konosuke

So basically had RBR not tell them Multi 21, Webber would've to accept that Vettel is just better than him? Now he has an excuse.

Adamm

Yep this ^

duckroll

Wow, this post-race interview is really awkward. Vettel's "I think we both enjoyed it, but since I'm in the middle I think I enjoyed it a little more" answer.... smh.

iOLoKdnwlsq0m.gif

iCxvu5em3kzMM.gif

iydIgkwIzFpvr.gif

sammex

Team orders can do one. Fastest driver should be allowed to overtake. Nico has every right to be angry, Webber should suck it up.

Shaneus

God damn, that is why I love this man. Fuck all you haters, that was glorious as shit.

How many Webber fans are there now? Totally fucking burned Vettel. I guess he just assumed control wanted Vettel to take him. Put it on the team.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Good stuff!! Be angry, fuck team orders, fuck Pirelli, screw new age baby F1! I want the F1 from when I was growing up back again.

Top Bottom