• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

I have no problem with team orders, it's always going to be a part of the sport and it's ridiculous to think things should operate without them. The difference here is a driver looks shitty taking a position from a driver who isn't expecting to be under attack.

Well, I guess it all explains why Seb was just pulling away from Webber at the end and he had to watch that tyre... clearly he was still on the push/performance/speed mapping while Webber wasn't.

Absolutely despicable. What's the difference in points.. 2?

Edit: What did Hamilton say on the podium exactly? I didn't catch any of it.

Basically that Nico should have got the podium.

Septimius

Especially considering they were 1-2 very late into the race. Vettels pass was a pubic hair away from Webbers right side and the barrier - could of easily been a total disaster.

That Mark was able to restrain himself and not just plain run off them both, just so Vettel could get as much backlash as possible, fucking up a safe 1-2 when the orders were to hold, is pretty amazing, too.

duckroll

He confirmed that there were fuel issues and he simply didn't have the pace to challenge the Red Bulls. He seemed kinda upset at the Rosberg situation and he said it wasn't the best feeling being up on the podium today. It was pretty awkward in general.

Shaneus

He confirmed that there were fuel issues and he simply didn't have the pace to challenge the Red Bulls. He seemed kinda upset at the Rosberg situation and he said it wasn't the best feeling being up on the podium today. It was pretty awkward in general.
That's good and humble of Hamilton, though. I think he's really matured since going to Merc. Best for him.

That Mark was able to restrain himself and not just plain run off them both, just so Vettel could get as much backlash as possible, fucking up a safe 1-2 when the orders were to hold, is pretty amazing, too.

Potentially fucking up a 1-2 and putting unnecessary stress on the engine if orders were to put it into saving mode for the last 10 laps, which makes sense given how far back the Mercs were.

fuenf

Rosberg is showing class. He's saying he's disappointed but not angry or frustrated. He's happy for the team and looks foward to the next races, because their pace is very good.

Lauda is pleased with his statement too.

Shaneus

I didn't hear an apology, but I flicked from the stream onto the TV to hear Webber speak again.

Absolutely everyone on Webber's side here. Can't wait for the first interview with Vettel. Hope he cops some shit.

Could we expect preferential treatment in the next few races from the team from Webber as a form of punishment? I mean, only if they both have an equal chance of winning or something.

Strike while the iron is hot, make this a shirt
Oh fuck yes. I will make this a t-shirt.

dalin80

Banned
All in all I think merc will survive OK, both nico and lewis would be upset today but that can get sorted out, RBR on the other hand who are purely there as an advertisement to sell bottles of sickly piss wont be too delighted that yet again vettel has made them all look like a bunch of cunts.

Dilly

Banned
Could we expect preferential treatment in the next few races from the team from Webber as a form of punishment? I mean, only if they both have an equal chance of winning or something.

Don't be silly Shaneus!

And no, there are people who think Vettel was in the right. Webber should've been faster, completely disregarding the fact that he was coasting and taking care of tires because of the agreement they had.

Shaneus

Ahaha, even Rosberg making Vettel look like a cunt.

Fuck it. Fuck RBR, I'm solely a Webber man and probably a Mercedes guy now, after the way both Rosberg and Hamilton have handled themselves.

I didn't hear an apology, but I flicked from the stream onto the TV to hear Webber speak again.

Absolutely everyone on Webber's side here. Can't wait for the first interview with Vettel. Hope he cops some shit.

He will have some softball interview with Autosport.de who will ask stuff like, how shit is Webber and how awesome was it to pass him?

Septimius

Rosberg is showing class. He's saying he's disappointed but not angry or frustrated. He's happy for the team and looks foward to the next races, because their pace is very good.

Lauda is pleased with his statement too.

Great stuff by Nico. Lauda is just coming of as some guy that just takes himself as an authority on anything. He's really starting to rub me the wrong way.

Dead Man

Great stuff by Nico. Lauda is just coming of as some guy that just takes himself as an authority on anything. He's really starting to rub me the wrong way.

He's been an ego driven guy for quite a while now, now that he he has a more public role it is starting to be seen.

fuenf

It's not like Red Bull cares, they knew what Vettel was doing and could've insisted on him staying behind. It's not like his radio was broken or something like that. Vettel is their #1, their future and they don't want him to switch to Ferrari or Mercedes. Sure, it's a PR nightmare now but nobody will care about this anymore when Vettel collects his 4th title –thanks to these 7 points– in the fall.

Dead Man

Ahaha, even Rosberg making Vettel look like a cunt.

Fuck it. Fuck RBR, I'm solely a Webber man and probably a Mercedes guy now, after the way both Rosberg and Hamilton have handled themselves.

What? I have no coverage, and I'm supposed to be working, help me out man!

Shaneus

Ooh details, I cant see any more...
Rosberg made a point of saying that he obeyed team orders. The Mercedes situation couldn't have happened at a better time, perfect contrast to Vettel's self-entitledness.

It's not like Red Bull cares, they knew what Vettel was doing and could've insisted on him staying behind. It's not like his radio was broken or something like that. Vettel is their #1, their future and they don't want him to switch to Ferrari or Mercedes. Sure, it's a PR nightmare now but nobody will care about this anymore when Vettel collects his 4th title –thanks to these 7 points– in the fall.
They did. Told him several times "multi 21" to hold position, and they even got on the radio and said "what are you doing?".

Adamm

Wait for Omiee.

Yes, yes and yes again! That's what I'm talking about!

Perfect seb wins again! Overtook Webber with no problems, Vettel should not follow team orders, he is above them!

Yeah!!!! 4 time world champion!!

Or something along those lines

Septimius

He's been an ego driven guy for quite a while now, now that he he has a more public role it is starting to be seen.

Really. Some of the things he said has made me want to just flip a table. He's only advocating his own views and is incapable of considering any opposing views, completely shitting on Schumacher in the process, it's just sickening.

Massa

Well, I guess it all explains why Seb was just pulling away from Webber at the end and he had to watch that tyre... clearly he was still on the push/performance/speed mapping while Webber wasn't.

Absolutely despicable. What's the difference in points.. 2?

The point difference is massive... they would have been tied at 33 points after this race, instead it's a 40-26 lead for Vettel.

fuenf

They did. Told him several times "multi 21" to hold position, and they even got on the radio and said "what are you doing?".

I don't know. I kinda believe Vettel when he says that he made a mistake, they should've been clearer. Not some "multi 21" BS, Mercedes was VERY clear to Rosberg on the other hand.

duckroll

Lol no, not even Webber expects it. He actually said in the Q&A that "Seb made his own decision, and he'll have protection as usual, because that's the way it is." or something like that.

Hackbert

ah damn.. in german i would say : Vettel wirkte wie ein gescholtener Schuljunge im RTL Invterview.."

he looked miserable (rightfully)...

Shaneus

The point difference is massive... they would have been tied at 33 points after this race, instead it's a 40-26 lead for Vettel.
Oh shit. Vettel just keeps looking worse and worse as more details come out.

Well, Sky coverage is now finished. I have to do some ironing and have an early night. It's been fun, and even though Webber didn't win, at least Vettel came off looking like a complete prick :)

Red Bull will care about the insubordination, but I don't think they'll mind that Vettel got himself 25 points and they still got a 1-2

duckroll

I think the Q&A on the podium is the "press conference" apparently. If so, there definitely wasn't any sort of apology from Vettel.

Top Bottom